|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Between Heaven and Hell, Chapter 7, The Double Exile, Chapter 8, The Dark Night of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
(a) Because he gave mass out of his house.
(b) Because he was always unprepared.
(c) Because he spoke to heavenly beings.
(d) Because he evoked demons.
2. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
(a) That his sister had an out-of-wedlock pregnancy.
(b) That the local church was becoming corrupt.
(c) That his brother had killed someone accidentally.
(d) That Padre Pio wasn't welcome in his hometown.
3. What was the first stage of Padre Pio's ministry?
(a) The world.
(b) His hometown.
(c) The Vatican.
4. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
(a) He was angry.
(b) He was confused.
(c) He agreed.
(d) He was sad.
5. In Chapter 1, how did Padre Pio's parents feel about the saints?
(a) They felt like they were gods.
(b) They felt like they were secondary characters.
(c) They felt like they didn't exist.
(d) They felt like they were family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the author describe Padre Pio's thought of God in Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
3. When was Padre Pio declared terminally ill?
4. What happened when Padre Pio covered his hand wounds?
5. Even though the people of Pietrelcina were Roman Catholic, what other beliefs did they entertain?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)