|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Holiness or Hysteria?, Chapter 14, The Rumor of Sanctity, Chapter 15, The Friar and the Archbishop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
(a) With a sampling of Padre Pio's letters.
(b) With a list of ten points.
(c) With quotes from newspaper articles.
(d) With a lengthy passage from an academic essay.
2. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
(a) Mad Monk.
(b) Fraudulent Friar.
(c) Mini Monk.
(d) Fearless Friar.
3. At the beginning of World War I, what did Padre Pio say the cause of war was?
(a) God's misunderstanding.
(b) Man's unbelief.
(c) Women's wants.
(d) Man's greed.
4. What explanation for his hand wounds did Padre Pio give?
(a) He didn't have an explanation.
(b) His teacher caused them.
(c) God forced him to do it to himself.
(d) Jesus and Mary gave them to him.
5. In Chapter 14, why did Padre Pio turn down an examination by Gerardo Agostino Gemelli?
(a) Because he wasn't Christian.
(b) He didn't turn the examination down.
(c) Because he wasn't certified.
(d) Because he didn't have permission.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what did Padre Pio know about Padre Agostino's prayer for him?
2. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
3. In Chapter 1, how did Padre Pio's parents feel about the saints?
4. In Chapter 15, why did Archpriest Don Giuseppe begin confessing to Padre Pio?
5. What did the Capuchin Order insist Padre Pio do before being accepted?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)