|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Holiness or Hysteria?, Chapter 14, The Rumor of Sanctity, Chapter 15, The Friar and the Archbishop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Benedetto learned of Padre Pio's wounds?
(a) He wanted to return him to their community.
(b) He wanted him to take his job.
(c) He wanted to send him to exile.
(d) He wanted him to write about his experience.
2. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
(a) That he could speak to the dead.
(b) That he could bilocate.
(c) That he was witness to Christ.
(d) That he had multiple personalities.
3. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
(a) He enjoyed it.
(b) He forgot to follow it.
(c) He disliked it.
(d) He couldn't understand it.
4. When did Padre Pio have a doctor attempt to heal his stigmata wounds?
(a) In the 1950s.
(b) In the 1920s.
(c) In the 1930s.
(d) In the 1940s.
5. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
(a) Because his medicine didn't help.
(b) Because his physical issues couldn't be obeserved.
(c) Because of his mental illness.
(d) Because he desired Christ's suffering.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
2. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto show tension toward Padre Pio?
3. When was Padre Pio declared terminally ill?
4. How did Padre Pio feel about the mystics when he first learned about them?
5. In Chapter 11, how many rules for spiritual growth did the author say Padre Pio had?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)