|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Holiness or Hysteria?, Chapter 14, The Rumor of Sanctity, Chapter 15, The Friar and the Archbishop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
(a) Because he suffered from mental illness.
(b) Because they couldn't confirm his supernatural character.
(c) Because he was too controversal.
(d) Because they had healed his stigmata.
2. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
(a) Because his physical issues couldn't be obeserved.
(b) Because of his mental illness.
(c) Because he desired Christ's suffering.
(d) Because his medicine didn't help.
3. In Chapter 15, what did the author say Padre Pio accepted donations for?
(a) The needy.
(b) Only children.
(c) He refused donations.
(d) To pay for his medical expenses.
4. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
(a) He enjoyed it.
(b) He disliked it.
(c) He forgot to follow it.
(d) He couldn't understand it.
5. When was Padre Pio declared terminally ill?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what convinced Padre Pio to return to the cloister?
2. How many older siblings did Padre Pio have?
3. When did Padre Pio have a doctor attempt to heal his stigmata wounds?
4. What happened after Benedetto was forbidden from writing to Padre Pio?
5. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)