|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Holiness or Hysteria?, Chapter 14, The Rumor of Sanctity, Chapter 15, The Friar and the Archbishop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what did Padre Pio do to help others through Purgatory?
(a) He didn't help others through Purgatory.
(b) Taught them to pray the rosary.
(c) Offered his own suffering.
(d) Called upon God to end Purgatory.
2. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto show tension toward Padre Pio?
(a) He wanted him to retrun to the friary.
(b) He wanted him to teach classes.
(c) He wanted him to become a priest.
(d) He wanted him to write a book.
3. In Chapter 12, what did the author note about the miracles attributed to Padre Pio at this time in his life?
(a) None were documented well enough to verify.
(b) They relied more on common spirits than God.
(c) They were all relating to women.
(d) Many were fakes.
4. In Chapter 11, what did the author say was strange about Padre Pio's early followers?
(a) They were young.
(b) They were Jewish.
(c) They were women.
(d) They were originally non-believers.
5. How did Padre Pio feel about the mystics when he first learned about them?
(a) He liked their ideas, but quickly forgot them.
(b) He was greatly influenced by them.
(c) He was humored by them.
(d) He disliked their ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
2. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
3. Why did Padre Pio say he feared God in Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
5. In Chapter 12, how did Padre Pio hurt his hands?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)