|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Holiness or Hysteria?, Chapter 14, The Rumor of Sanctity, Chapter 15, The Friar and the Archbishop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Padre Pio study in Chapter 3 in order to become a friar?
(a) Biblical history.
(b) Community life.
(c) Mary's life.
(d) Charity mangement.
2. How did the author describe Padre Pio's trip to Rome?
(a) The most dangerous trip of his life.
(b) The longest trip of his life.
(c) The most awakening trip of his life.
(d) The most painful trip of his life.
3. What vision did Padre Pio report having in 1903?
(a) A beautiful woman showing him art.
(b) Details about the world wars.
(c) Mary holding his hand.
(d) Instructions on how to fight a demon.
4. In Chapter 9, how did the progression of World War I personally affect Padre Pio?
(a) He had to do sermons on the road.
(b) He was drafted.
(c) He had to ration supplies.
(d) He decided to join the military.
5. How did Dr. Lombardi describe Padre Pio's trances?
(a) A fraud.
(b) Hightened awarenesses.
(c) True ecstacy.
(d) Lost suffering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Padre Pio sent to Foggia?
2. In Chapter 14, how did the author say World War I affected Padre Pio's ministry?
3. In Chapter 3, why did Padre Pio decide to live a life of suffering?
4. Why did Padre Pio say he feared God in Chapter 5?
5. What did the Rule of St. Francis forbid?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)