|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Holiness or Hysteria?, Chapter 14, The Rumor of Sanctity, Chapter 15, The Friar and the Archbishop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi try to start a fight with Padre Pio?
(a) By stealing money from Padre Pio.
(b) By tripping Padre Pio outside church.
(c) By writing about Padre Pio in a paper.
(d) By claiming Padre Pio perfumed himself.
2. Even though the people of Pietrelcina were Roman Catholic, what other beliefs did they entertain?
(a) Pagan traditions.
(c) Jewish ideologies.
(d) No other ideas.
3. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
(a) To suffer more.
(b) To write about it.
(c) To pray with others.
(d) To read the Bible.
4. In Chapter 4, what did Padre Pio's visions inspire him to do?
5. In Chapter 9, what convinced Padre Pio to return to the cloister?
(a) The blood he saw during the war.
(b) Benedetto physicall forced him back.
(c) A woman offered to sacrafice herself.
(d) His mother begged him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, why did Padre Pio decide to live a life of suffering?
2. Why did Padre Pio join Capuchin Order?
3. During Padre Pio's childhood, how did his family make money?
4. What city is Pietrelcina near?
5. In Chapter 8, how did the author try to tie Padre Pio's life to the stages of mystical experience?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)