|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Holiness or Hysteria?, Chapter 14, The Rumor of Sanctity, Chapter 15, The Friar and the Archbishop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recorded the instance of Padre Pio speaking with demons?
(a) A young monk.
(c) Padre Agostino.
(d) Padre Pio himself.
2. In Chapter 11, what did the author say was strange about Padre Pio's early followers?
(a) They were Jewish.
(b) They were young.
(c) They were women.
(d) They were originally non-believers.
3. In Chapter 4, how were Padre Pio's visions described?
(a) As supernatural conversations.
(b) As holy interceptions.
(c) As painful occurances.
(d) As fleeting images.
4. In Chapter 9, how did Benedetto show his anger toward Padre Pio?
(a) He didn't let him in the friary.
(b) He cut off his ministry.
(c) He sent him to Western Europe.
(d) He didn't write him for months.
5. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
(a) Because they couldn't confirm his supernatural character.
(b) Because he was too controversal.
(c) Because he suffered from mental illness.
(d) Because they had healed his stigmata.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Padre Pio's childhood, how did his family make money?
2. In Chapter 2, how did Padre Pio's father react when he told him about speaking with a guardian angle?
3. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
4. In Chapter 3, what was the purpose of the novitiate?
5. In Chapter 1, how did Padre Pio's parents feel about the saints?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)