|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Holiness or Hysteria?, Chapter 14, The Rumor of Sanctity, Chapter 15, The Friar and the Archbishop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recorded the instance of Padre Pio speaking with demons?
(b) Padre Agostino.
(c) A young monk.
(d) Padre Pio himself.
2. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
(a) With a list of ten points.
(b) With a lengthy passage from an academic essay.
(c) With a sampling of Padre Pio's letters.
(d) With quotes from newspaper articles.
3. In Chapter 3, how were Padre Pio's vows described?
4. Why did Padre Pio say he feared God in Chapter 5?
(a) Because he had sinned.
(b) Because he kept vomitting.
(c) Because he left the order.
(d) Because he forgot his vows.
5. In Chapter 7, why did the author say many claims about Padre Pio cannot be dismissed?
(a) Because they are legend.
(b) He says they can be dismissed.
(c) Because of their documentation.
(d) Because he witnessed them himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what did the author say was strange about Padre Pio's early followers?
2. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto show tension toward Padre Pio?
3. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
4. In Chapter 12, how did Padre Pio hurt his hands?
5. In Chapter 4, how were Padre Pio's visions described?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)