|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Holiness or Hysteria?, Chapter 14, The Rumor of Sanctity, Chapter 15, The Friar and the Archbishop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
(a) That Padre Pio wasn't welcome in his hometown.
(b) That his sister had an out-of-wedlock pregnancy.
(c) That the local church was becoming corrupt.
(d) That his brother had killed someone accidentally.
2. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
(a) Burned documents.
(b) A lack of official records.
(c) A language barrier.
(d) Unreliable sources.
3. In Chapter 4, how were Benedetto's beliefs described?
4. Why did Padre Pio say he feared God in Chapter 5?
(a) Because he had sinned.
(b) Because he left the order.
(c) Because he forgot his vows.
(d) Because he kept vomitting.
5. In Chapter 14, how did the author say World War I affected Padre Pio's ministry?
(a) It shrunk it.
(b) It strengthened their beliefs.
(c) It made it illegal.
(d) It grew it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dr. Lombardi describe Padre Pio's trances?
2. In Chapter 3, how were Padre Pio's vows described?
3. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
4. In Chapter 6, what did Padre Pio know about Padre Agostino's prayer for him?
5. In Chapter 15, why did Archpriest Don Giuseppe begin confessing to Padre Pio?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)