|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Holiness or Hysteria?, Chapter 14, The Rumor of Sanctity, Chapter 15, The Friar and the Archbishop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of World War I, what did Padre Pio say the cause of war was?
(a) Man's greed.
(b) Women's wants.
(c) Man's unbelief.
(d) God's misunderstanding.
2. How many teachers did Padre Pio have during his childhood?
3. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
(a) He was confused.
(b) He was sad.
(c) He was angry.
(d) He agreed.
4. How did the author describe Padre Pio's thought of God in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 4, how were Padre Pio's visions described?
(a) As holy interceptions.
(b) As fleeting images.
(c) As supernatural conversations.
(d) As painful occurances.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, when did the author say Padre Pio experienced great exultation?
2. Why did Padre Pio say he feared God in Chapter 5?
3. How did Mayor Morcaldi react to news that Padre Pio should not be considered a saint?
4. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
5. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)