|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Holiness or Hysteria?, Chapter 14, The Rumor of Sanctity, Chapter 15, The Friar and the Archbishop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Padre Pio sent to Foggia?
(a) Because his sister was sick.
(b) Because he was being investigated.
(c) Because they were starting a ministry there.
(d) Because he was needed to help fix a fraudulent friary.
2. Why did the author say news of Padre Pio's stigmata spread slowly at first?
(a) He hid them for months.
(b) Many people were sick at the time.
(c) People didn't believe they were real.
(d) News of the stigmata spread quickly.
3. In Chapter 1, what was life like in Pietrelcina?
(a) Many people were ill.
(b) A wave of wealth passed through the town.
(c) Most of the women left.
(d) The town had been flooding.
4. How did Raffaelina's death affect Padre Pio?
(a) He wanted to start a new ministry.
(b) He wanted to change religions.
(c) He wanted to die also.
(d) He wanted to return to exile.
5. At the end of Chapter 9, how did the author describe Padre Pio's time away from the friary?
(a) A waste of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what did the author note about the miracles attributed to Padre Pio at this time in his life?
2. At the beginning of World War I, what did Padre Pio say the cause of war was?
3. In Chapter 13, how long did the author say Padre Pio's hands bled for?
4. Who recorded the instance of Padre Pio speaking with demons?
5. In Chapter 6, what did Padre Pio know about Padre Agostino's prayer for him?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)