|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Holiness or Hysteria?, Chapter 14, The Rumor of Sanctity, Chapter 15, The Friar and the Archbishop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is Pietrelcina near?
2. In Chapter 10, why did Padre Pio have a difficult time teaching?
(a) He was unprepared.
(b) He disliked his students.
(c) He would be late for class.
(d) He had visions in the middle of class.
3. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
(a) Mini Monk.
(b) Mad Monk.
(c) Fearless Friar.
(d) Fraudulent Friar.
4. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
(a) It is the desire to leave the world.
(b) It is the desire to save one's self.
(c) It is the desire to serve humanity.
(d) It is the desire to be awakened.
5. What advice did Padre Pio give regarding the devil, according to the author in Chapter 11?
(a) Speak with the devil.
(b) He didn't give advice regarding the devil.
(c) Reject the devil.
(d) Believe in the devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Padre Pio's childhood, how did his family make money?
2. What happened when Padre Pio told his superiors about his visions in Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 8, how did the author try to tie Padre Pio's life to the stages of mystical experience?
4. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
5. How did Padre Pio feel about leaving his family in Chapter 2?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)