|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Holiness or Hysteria?, Chapter 14, The Rumor of Sanctity, Chapter 15, The Friar and the Archbishop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When socialism and fascism were gaining power, what did Padre Pio suggest to the mayor of his town?
(a) Redeveloped schools.
(b) More democratic involvement.
(c) Stricter police control.
(d) Giving the church more power.
2. During Padre Pio's childhood, how did his family make money?
(a) They worked for the government.
(b) They ran a farm.
(c) They were traders.
(d) They sewed quilts.
3. In Chapter 1, what was life like in Pietrelcina?
(a) Many people were ill.
(b) A wave of wealth passed through the town.
(c) Most of the women left.
(d) The town had been flooding.
4. Why did Padre Pio join Capuchin Order?
(a) To learn world languages.
(b) To train to be a priest.
(c) To study history.
(d) To become a friar.
5. In Chapter 12, how did Padre Pio hurt his hands?
(a) He grabbed a hot rod.
(b) He doesn't know how.
(c) He was cut by razors.
(d) He spilled acid on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
2. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
3. What happened when Padre Pio covered his hand wounds?
4. Where did "Pio" come from in Padre Pio's name?
5. In Chapter 2, how did Padre Pio's father react when he told him about speaking with a guardian angle?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)