|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Holiness or Hysteria?, Chapter 14, The Rumor of Sanctity, Chapter 15, The Friar and the Archbishop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Giovanna Rizzani say Padre Pio's form promised her?
(a) To take care of her soul.
(b) To help her earn money.
(c) To show her the way.
(d) To free her from pain.
2. In Chapter 7, why did the author say many claims about Padre Pio cannot be dismissed?
(a) Because they are legend.
(b) Because he witnessed them himself.
(c) Because of their documentation.
(d) He says they can be dismissed.
3. After being declared terminally ill, when was Padre Pio able to leave his bed?
(a) For mass.
(b) To work with Benedetto.
(c) He could never leave his bed.
(d) Whenever he wanted.
4. How did Raffaelina's death affect Padre Pio?
(a) He wanted to start a new ministry.
(b) He wanted to change religions.
(c) He wanted to return to exile.
(d) He wanted to die also.
5. In Chapter 11, what did the author say was strange about Padre Pio's early followers?
(a) They were originally non-believers.
(b) They were young.
(c) They were Jewish.
(d) They were women.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how did Padre Pio's parents feel about the saints?
2. In Chapter 9, how did Benedetto show his anger toward Padre Pio?
3. Where did "Pio" come from in Padre Pio's name?
4. During Padre Pio's childhood, how did his family make money?
5. In Chapter 5, when did the author say Padre Pio experienced great exultation?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)