|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Holiness or Hysteria?, Chapter 14, The Rumor of Sanctity, Chapter 15, The Friar and the Archbishop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Capuchin Order insist Padre Pio do before being accepted?
(a) Travel to the United States.
(b) Learn three languages.
(c) Study world religions.
(d) Have a private education.
2. In Chapter 9, what convinced Padre Pio to return to the cloister?
(a) A woman offered to sacrafice herself.
(b) His mother begged him.
(c) Benedetto physicall forced him back.
(d) The blood he saw during the war.
3. In Chapter 9, how did the progression of World War I personally affect Padre Pio?
(a) He had to ration supplies.
(b) He was drafted.
(c) He decided to join the military.
(d) He had to do sermons on the road.
4. Why was Padre Pio sent to Foggia?
(a) Because they were starting a ministry there.
(b) Because he was needed to help fix a fraudulent friary.
(c) Because he was being investigated.
(d) Because his sister was sick.
5. Why did Padre Pio say he feared God in Chapter 5?
(a) Because he had sinned.
(b) Because he kept vomitting.
(c) Because he forgot his vows.
(d) Because he left the order.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what did Padre Pio's visions inspire him to do?
2. What season was it when Padre Pio left his family in Chapter 2?
3. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
4. When Pope Pius XI took over, what was his major concern?
5. In Chapter 4, how were Padre Pio's visions described?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)