|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Holiness or Hysteria?, Chapter 14, The Rumor of Sanctity, Chapter 15, The Friar and the Archbishop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
(a) With a sampling of Padre Pio's letters.
(b) With quotes from newspaper articles.
(c) With a lengthy passage from an academic essay.
(d) With a list of ten points.
2. In Chapter 1, what nickname was Padre Pio's family given?
(a) The God is center family.
(b) The God is everything family.
(c) The devoted family.
(d) The lonely family.
3. In Chapter 6, what did Padre Pio know about Padre Agostino's prayer for him?
(a) That he was considering what he would say at his funeral.
(b) That he was thinking of a woman.
(c) That he skipped the rosary.
(d) That he did it in English.
4. As a teenager, how did Padre Pio treat women?
(a) He had to fend them off.
(b) He would write about them but not speak to them.
(c) He took them out on dates.
(d) He kissed a few.
5. How did Don Angelo treat Padre Pio as a boy?
(b) He ignored him.
(c) He teased him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season was it when Padre Pio left his family in Chapter 2?
2. When socialism and fascism were gaining power, what did Padre Pio suggest to the mayor of his town?
3. Why did the author say news of Padre Pio's stigmata spread slowly at first?
4. What happened after Benedetto was forbidden from writing to Padre Pio?
5. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)