|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, 'My Earthly Work Has Now Begun', Chapter 22, 'The Lord Is Not Moved to Pity', Chapter 23, Padre Pio and the GIs, Chapter 24, The World for a Parish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Pope Benedict XV protect Padre Pio during his lifetime?
(a) Because he took an oath to protect Padre Pio.
(b) He didn't, Pope Benedict XV was Padre Pio's enemy.
(c) Because he protected all Catholics.
(d) Because he felt that Padre Pio was authentic.
2. How did the author describe Padre Pio's thought of God in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 14, how did the author say World War I affected Padre Pio's ministry?
(a) It strengthened their beliefs.
(b) It grew it.
(c) It shrunk it.
(d) It made it illegal.
4. In Chapter 24, what did the author say led to Padre Pio's political involvement?
(b) Reading secular texts.
(c) Crime in his neighborhood.
(d) Meeting American soldiers.
5. In Chapter 13, how long did the author say Padre Pio's hands bled for?
(a) Fifty years.
(b) Forty years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Thirty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 24, who did the author say called on Padre Pio for help?
2. How did Dr. Lombardi describe Padre Pio's trances?
3. In Chapter 8, what caused Padre Pio to desire to leave the world?
4. When did Padre Pio have a doctor attempt to heal his stigmata wounds?
5. What did the author name the first five years after Padre Pio returned home?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)