|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, 'My Earthly Work Has Now Begun', Chapter 22, 'The Lord Is Not Moved to Pity', Chapter 23, Padre Pio and the GIs, Chapter 24, The World for a Parish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, why did Padre Pio turn down an examination by Gerardo Agostino Gemelli?
(a) Because he wasn't certified.
(b) Because he didn't have permission.
(c) He didn't turn the examination down.
(d) Because he wasn't Christian.
2. In Chapter 13, how did the author say he felt toward reports that Padre Pio was neurotic?
(a) He felt that it the reports were not researched enough to be taken seriously.
(b) He felt that it was most likely the truth, but couldn't prove it.
(c) He disagreed fully.
(d) He agreed fully.
3. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
(a) He was confused.
(b) He was sad.
(c) He agreed.
(d) He was angry.
4. How did Dr. Lombardi describe Padre Pio's trances?
(a) Hightened awarenesses.
(b) A fraud.
(c) True ecstacy.
(d) Lost suffering.
5. What did Don Giovanni Miscio say against Padre Pio and his ministry?
(a) He said they were robbing Padre Pio.
(b) He said they were using Padre Pio to make money.
(c) He said they were being tricked by Padre Pio.
(d) He said they were distancing themselves from the church's doctrine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Padre Pio say about San Giovanni Rotondo during World War II?
2. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
3. In Chapter 6, what did the author say Padre Pio told Jesus?
4. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
5. What did the author name the first five years after Padre Pio returned home?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)