|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, 'My Earthly Work Has Now Begun', Chapter 22, 'The Lord Is Not Moved to Pity', Chapter 23, Padre Pio and the GIs, Chapter 24, The World for a Parish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, how long did the author say Padre Pio's hands bled for?
(a) Forty years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Fifty years.
2. In Chapter 24, what did the author say led to Padre Pio's political involvement?
(a) Reading secular texts.
(c) Crime in his neighborhood.
(d) Meeting American soldiers.
3. In Chapter 16, what did Gagliardi tell the Papal office about Padre Pio?
(a) That he was a reliable source.
(b) That he was demonic.
(c) That he was hated at his friary.
(d) That he was stealing.
4. Why did Pope Benedict XV protect Padre Pio during his lifetime?
(a) Because he felt that Padre Pio was authentic.
(b) He didn't, Pope Benedict XV was Padre Pio's enemy.
(c) Because he took an oath to protect Padre Pio.
(d) Because he protected all Catholics.
5. In Chapter 13, how did the author say he felt toward reports that Padre Pio was neurotic?
(a) He felt that it was most likely the truth, but couldn't prove it.
(b) He disagreed fully.
(c) He felt that it the reports were not researched enough to be taken seriously.
(d) He agreed fully.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, why did Padre Pio turn down an examination by Gerardo Agostino Gemelli?
2. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
3. How did Bill Carrigan describe Padre Pio after meeting him?
4. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
5. In Chapter 14, how did the author say World War I affected Padre Pio's ministry?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)