|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, 'My Earthly Work Has Now Begun', Chapter 22, 'The Lord Is Not Moved to Pity', Chapter 23, Padre Pio and the GIs, Chapter 24, The World for a Parish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
(a) Because of his mental illness.
(b) Because he desired Christ's suffering.
(c) Because his medicine didn't help.
(d) Because his physical issues couldn't be obeserved.
2. Who did Adelaide leave his trust to?
(b) Pius XII.
(c) Padre Pio.
(d) Padre Agostino.
3. In Chapter 6, what did the author say Padre Pio told Jesus?
(a) That he had spoken to demons.
(b) That he wanted to bear the cross.
(c) That he was sorry.
(d) That he still had unconfessed sins.
4. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
(a) Because he was too controversal.
(b) Because they couldn't confirm his supernatural character.
(c) Because he suffered from mental illness.
(d) Because they had healed his stigmata.
5. What happened to Maria during World War II?
(a) She moved back home.
(b) She was arrested.
(c) She disappeared.
(d) She became sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what did the author say Padre Pio accepted donations for?
2. What happened after Benedetto was forbidden from writing to Padre Pio?
3. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
4. At the end of Chapter 24, who did the author say called on Padre Pio for help?
5. In Chapter 8, what caused Padre Pio to desire to leave the world?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)