|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, 'My Earthly Work Has Now Begun', Chapter 22, 'The Lord Is Not Moved to Pity', Chapter 23, Padre Pio and the GIs, Chapter 24, The World for a Parish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
(a) Because of his mental illness.
(b) Because his physical issues couldn't be obeserved.
(c) Because his medicine didn't help.
(d) Because he desired Christ's suffering.
2. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
(a) Because he evoked demons.
(b) Because he spoke to heavenly beings.
(c) Because he gave mass out of his house.
(d) Because he was always unprepared.
3. In Chapter 6, what did the author say Padre Pio told Jesus?
(a) That he wanted to bear the cross.
(b) That he still had unconfessed sins.
(c) That he had spoken to demons.
(d) That he was sorry.
4. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
(a) He was sad.
(b) He was angry.
(c) He was confused.
(d) He agreed.
5. In Chapter 15, what was Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi accused of?
(c) Undermining Padre Pio.
(d) Forgetting his vows.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, what religious movement did Padre Pio try to stop?
2. How did Mayor Morcaldi react to news that Padre Pio should not be considered a saint?
3. After being declared terminally ill, when was Padre Pio able to leave his bed?
4. When was Padre Pio declared terminally ill?
5. In Chapter 7, why did the author say many claims about Padre Pio cannot be dismissed?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)