|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, 'My Earthly Work Has Now Begun', Chapter 22, 'The Lord Is Not Moved to Pity', Chapter 23, Padre Pio and the GIs, Chapter 24, The World for a Parish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mood was Padre Pio in when he wrote "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
2. In Chapter 7, why did the author say many claims about Padre Pio cannot be dismissed?
(a) He says they can be dismissed.
(b) Because he witnessed them himself.
(c) Because they are legend.
(d) Because of their documentation.
3. In Chapter 23, how did American and British soldiers affect Padre Pio's ministry?
(a) They forced him to move.
(b) They spread it.
(c) They translated his writings.
(d) They shrunk the number of followers.
4. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
(a) Because he suffered from mental illness.
(b) Because they had healed his stigmata.
(c) Because he was too controversal.
(d) Because they couldn't confirm his supernatural character.
5. In Chapter 21, what did the author say Padre Pio's life was not when it came to supernatural feats?
(c) A carnival.
(d) A Biblical mirror.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, why did Archpriest Don Giuseppe begin confessing to Padre Pio?
2. In Chapter 13, how did the author say he felt toward reports that Padre Pio was neurotic?
3. Where was Padre Pio told he was terminally ill?
4. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
5. In Chapter 6, who did Padre Pio tell about his desire to return to Pietrelcina?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)