|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, 'My Earthly Work Has Now Begun', Chapter 22, 'The Lord Is Not Moved to Pity', Chapter 23, Padre Pio and the GIs, Chapter 24, The World for a Parish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Padre Pio hire as a secretary in Chapter 24?
(a) Maria's younger sister.
(b) A priest.
(c) A cousin of his.
(d) A newspaper writer.
2. In Chapter 6, what did the author say Padre Pio told Jesus?
(a) That he had spoken to demons.
(b) That he was sorry.
(c) That he still had unconfessed sins.
(d) That he wanted to bear the cross.
3. At the end of Chapter 24, who did the author say called on Padre Pio for help?
(a) Sick people.
(d) Famous people.
4. Why did Pope Benedict XV protect Padre Pio during his lifetime?
(a) Because he felt that Padre Pio was authentic.
(b) Because he took an oath to protect Padre Pio.
(c) Because he protected all Catholics.
(d) He didn't, Pope Benedict XV was Padre Pio's enemy.
5. In Chapter 21, how did Padre Pio feel about people traveling to see him?
(a) He disliked it.
(b) He was embarrassed by it.
(c) He liked it.
(d) He felt proud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
2. In Chapter 16, what did Gagliardi tell the Papal office about Padre Pio?
3. In Chapter 7, why did the author say many claims about Padre Pio cannot be dismissed?
4. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
5. What mood was Padre Pio in when he wrote "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)