|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, 'My Earthly Work Has Now Begun', Chapter 22, 'The Lord Is Not Moved to Pity', Chapter 23, Padre Pio and the GIs, Chapter 24, The World for a Parish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 21, what pauses development of The House for the Relief of Suffering?
(a) World War II.
(b) Adelaide's death.
(c) Padre Pio's illness.
(d) A lack of money.
2. Who recorded the instance of Padre Pio speaking with demons?
(a) A young monk.
(b) Padre Pio himself.
(d) Padre Agostino.
3. In Chapter 7, why did the author say many claims about Padre Pio cannot be dismissed?
(a) Because he witnessed them himself.
(b) Because they are legend.
(c) Because of their documentation.
(d) He says they can be dismissed.
4. What happened to Maria during World War II?
(a) She became sick.
(b) She was arrested.
(c) She moved back home.
(d) She disappeared.
5. When did Padre Pio have a doctor attempt to heal his stigmata wounds?
(a) In the 1950s.
(b) In the 1920s.
(c) In the 1930s.
(d) In the 1940s.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what was Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi accused of?
2. At the end of Chapter 24, who did the author say called on Padre Pio for help?
3. How did Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi try to start a fight with Padre Pio?
4. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
5. When Pope Pius XI took over, what was his major concern?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)