|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, 'My Earthly Work Has Now Begun', Chapter 22, 'The Lord Is Not Moved to Pity', Chapter 23, Padre Pio and the GIs, Chapter 24, The World for a Parish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Maria during World War II?
(a) She disappeared.
(b) She became sick.
(c) She moved back home.
(d) She was arrested.
2. In Chapter 14, how did the author say World War I affected Padre Pio's ministry?
(a) It grew it.
(b) It made it illegal.
(c) It shrunk it.
(d) It strengthened their beliefs.
3. When socialism and fascism were gaining power, what did Padre Pio suggest to the mayor of his town?
(a) Giving the church more power.
(b) Redeveloped schools.
(c) More democratic involvement.
(d) Stricter police control.
4. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
(a) To try to destract him.
(b) To keep people away.
(c) Because he was convincing them of their faith.
(d) Because he was unholy.
5. In Chapter 15, what did the author say Padre Pio accepted donations for?
(a) The needy.
(b) To pay for his medical expenses.
(c) He refused donations.
(d) Only children.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane," what did Padre Pio salvation required?
2. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
3. Who did Padre Pio hire as a secretary in Chapter 24?
4. How did Bill Carrigan describe Padre Pio after meeting him?
5. Where was Padre Pio told he was terminally ill?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)