|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, 'My Earthly Work Has Now Begun', Chapter 22, 'The Lord Is Not Moved to Pity', Chapter 23, Padre Pio and the GIs, Chapter 24, The World for a Parish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the author say Padre Pio probably met his first protestant?
(a) Before World War II began.
(b) After World War II ended.
(c) World War II.
(d) He never met a protestant.
2. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
(a) That the local church was becoming corrupt.
(b) That his brother had killed someone accidentally.
(c) That Padre Pio wasn't welcome in his hometown.
(d) That his sister had an out-of-wedlock pregnancy.
3. What did Padre Pio say about San Giovanni Rotondo during World War II?
(a) That it would be spared.
(b) That it would see the devil.
(c) That it would fall to Hitler.
(d) That it would be his new home.
4. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
(a) Mini Monk.
(b) Fraudulent Friar.
(c) Fearless Friar.
(d) Mad Monk.
5. In Chapter 16, what did Gagliardi tell the Papal office about Padre Pio?
(a) That he was hated at his friary.
(b) That he was a reliable source.
(c) That he was stealing.
(d) That he was demonic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the author describe Padre Pio's thought of God in Chapter 8?
2. What happened after Benedetto was forbidden from writing to Padre Pio?
3. In Chapter 6, who did Padre Pio tell about his desire to return to Pietrelcina?
4. What happened to Maria during World War II?
5. In Chapter 6, what did the author say Padre Pio told Jesus?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)