|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, 'My Earthly Work Has Now Begun', Chapter 22, 'The Lord Is Not Moved to Pity', Chapter 23, Padre Pio and the GIs, Chapter 24, The World for a Parish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 24, what religious movement did Padre Pio try to stop?
(a) Jehovah's Witnesses.
(c) Jewish Reformists.
(d) Seventh Day Adventists.
2. How did Mayor Morcaldi react to news that Padre Pio should not be considered a saint?
(a) He burned the newsletter.
(b) He wrote a letter agreeing with the decision.
(c) He led a march.
(d) He met with Padre Pio in private.
3. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
(a) Mad Monk.
(b) Mini Monk.
(c) Fraudulent Friar.
(d) Fearless Friar.
4. When did the author say Padre Pio probably met his first protestant?
(a) He never met a protestant.
(b) World War II.
(c) Before World War II began.
(d) After World War II ended.
5. In Chapter 21, what pauses development of The House for the Relief of Suffering?
(a) A lack of money.
(b) Padre Pio's illness.
(c) Adelaide's death.
(d) World War II.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, what did the author say led to Padre Pio's political involvement?
2. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
3. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
4. In Chapter 7, why did the author say many claims about Padre Pio cannot be dismissed?
5. What happened after Benedetto was forbidden from writing to Padre Pio?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)