|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, 'My Earthly Work Has Now Begun', Chapter 22, 'The Lord Is Not Moved to Pity', Chapter 23, Padre Pio and the GIs, Chapter 24, The World for a Parish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 23, how did American and British soldiers affect Padre Pio's ministry?
(a) They forced him to move.
(b) They translated his writings.
(c) They shrunk the number of followers.
(d) They spread it.
2. When did Padre Pio have a doctor attempt to heal his stigmata wounds?
(a) In the 1920s.
(b) In the 1940s.
(c) In the 1950s.
(d) In the 1930s.
3. In Chapter 7, why did the author say many claims about Padre Pio cannot be dismissed?
(a) Because he witnessed them himself.
(b) Because they are legend.
(c) He says they can be dismissed.
(d) Because of their documentation.
4. When socialism and fascism were gaining power, what did Padre Pio suggest to the mayor of his town?
(a) Redeveloped schools.
(b) More democratic involvement.
(c) Giving the church more power.
(d) Stricter police control.
5. At the end of Chapter 24, who did the author say called on Padre Pio for help?
(b) Sick people.
(c) Famous people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mayor Morcaldi react to news that Padre Pio should not be considered a saint?
2. Who did Padre Pio hire as a secretary in Chapter 24?
3. Where was Padre Pio told he was terminally ill?
4. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
5. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)