|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, 'My Earthly Work Has Now Begun', Chapter 22, 'The Lord Is Not Moved to Pity', Chapter 23, Padre Pio and the GIs, Chapter 24, The World for a Parish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Bill Carrigan describe Padre Pio after meeting him?
2. In Chapter 21, how long did the author say Padre Pio reportedly slept for at night?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Eight hours.
(d) Six hours.
3. When did Padre Pio have a doctor attempt to heal his stigmata wounds?
(a) In the 1950s.
(b) In the 1940s.
(c) In the 1920s.
(d) In the 1930s.
4. What did Padre Pio say about San Giovanni Rotondo during World War II?
(a) That it would be his new home.
(b) That it would see the devil.
(c) That it would be spared.
(d) That it would fall to Hitler.
5. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
(a) Because his medicine didn't help.
(b) Because he desired Christ's suffering.
(c) Because of his mental illness.
(d) Because his physical issues couldn't be obeserved.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the author say Padre Pio probably met his first protestant?
2. In Chapter 21, what did the author say Padre Pio's life was not when it came to supernatural feats?
3. When was Padre Pio declared terminally ill?
4. When socialism and fascism were gaining power, what did Padre Pio suggest to the mayor of his town?
5. Who did Padre Pio hire as a secretary in Chapter 24?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)