|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, 'My Earthly Work Has Now Begun', Chapter 22, 'The Lord Is Not Moved to Pity', Chapter 23, Padre Pio and the GIs, Chapter 24, The World for a Parish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Padre Pio sent to Foggia?
(a) Because he was being investigated.
(b) Because his sister was sick.
(c) Because he was needed to help fix a fraudulent friary.
(d) Because they were starting a ministry there.
2. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
(a) Because he was convincing them of their faith.
(b) Because he was unholy.
(c) To keep people away.
(d) To try to destract him.
3. In Chapter 15, why did Archpriest Don Giuseppe begin confessing to Padre Pio?
(a) Because he thought Padre Pio was a different person.
(b) Because he wanted a promotion in the friary.
(c) Because Padre Pio was most trustful.
(d) Because he thought he was blessed.
4. In Chapter 24, what did the author say led to Padre Pio's political involvement?
(b) Crime in his neighborhood.
(c) Reading secular texts.
(d) Meeting American soldiers.
5. How did Mayor Morcaldi react to news that Padre Pio should not be considered a saint?
(a) He met with Padre Pio in private.
(b) He wrote a letter agreeing with the decision.
(c) He led a march.
(d) He burned the newsletter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dr. Lombardi describe Padre Pio's trances?
2. In Chapter 6, what did the author say Padre Pio told Jesus?
3. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
4. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
5. What was the first stage of Padre Pio's ministry?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)