|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, 'My Earthly Work Has Now Begun', Chapter 22, 'The Lord Is Not Moved to Pity', Chapter 23, Padre Pio and the GIs, Chapter 24, The World for a Parish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author name the first five years after Padre Pio returned home?
(b) Double exile.
(c) The awakening.
2. In Chapter 24, what religious movement did Padre Pio try to stop?
(b) Jewish Reformists.
(c) Seventh Day Adventists.
(d) Jehovah's Witnesses.
3. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
(a) That his brother had killed someone accidentally.
(b) That Padre Pio wasn't welcome in his hometown.
(c) That the local church was becoming corrupt.
(d) That his sister had an out-of-wedlock pregnancy.
4. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
(a) Because he evoked demons.
(b) Because he gave mass out of his house.
(c) Because he was always unprepared.
(d) Because he spoke to heavenly beings.
5. Why was Padre Pio sent to Foggia?
(a) Because he was needed to help fix a fraudulent friary.
(b) Because they were starting a ministry there.
(c) Because his sister was sick.
(d) Because he was being investigated.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how did the author try to tie Padre Pio's life to the stages of mystical experience?
2. In Chapter 14, how did the author say World War I affected Padre Pio's ministry?
3. In Chapter 24, how did Padre Pio feel about the monarchy?
4. In Chapter 16, what did Gagliardi tell the Papal office about Padre Pio?
5. Why did Pope Benedict XV protect Padre Pio during his lifetime?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)