|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, 'My Earthly Work Has Now Begun', Chapter 22, 'The Lord Is Not Moved to Pity', Chapter 23, Padre Pio and the GIs, Chapter 24, The World for a Parish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the author say Padre Pio probably met his first protestant?
(a) After World War II ended.
(b) Before World War II began.
(c) He never met a protestant.
(d) World War II.
2. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
(a) Awakening of the self.
(b) Spiritual marriage.
(d) Purification of the self.
3. How did Pellegrina die?
(a) When a ship sank.
(b) From a disease.
(c) During a bombing.
(d) From old age.
4. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
(a) He was sad.
(b) He was confused.
(c) He was angry.
(d) He agreed.
5. When Pope Pius XI took over, what was his major concern?
(a) Totalitarian regimes.
(b) Working with ecstatics.
(c) Weeding out frauds.
(d) Making the church more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being declared terminally ill, when was Padre Pio able to leave his bed?
2. In Chapter 14, why did Padre Pio turn down an examination by Gerardo Agostino Gemelli?
3. What happened to Maria during World War II?
4. In Chapter 6, who did Padre Pio tell about his desire to return to Pietrelcina?
5. In Chapter 8, what caused Padre Pio to desire to leave the world?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)