|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, 'My Earthly Work Has Now Begun', Chapter 22, 'The Lord Is Not Moved to Pity', Chapter 23, Padre Pio and the GIs, Chapter 24, The World for a Parish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
(a) Because he gave mass out of his house.
(b) Because he spoke to heavenly beings.
(c) Because he was always unprepared.
(d) Because he evoked demons.
2. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
(a) Because he suffered from mental illness.
(b) Because they had healed his stigmata.
(c) Because he was too controversal.
(d) Because they couldn't confirm his supernatural character.
3. What did the author name the first five years after Padre Pio returned home?
(a) Double exile.
(b) The awakening.
4. In Chapter 6, what did Padre Pio know about Padre Agostino's prayer for him?
(a) That he was considering what he would say at his funeral.
(b) That he skipped the rosary.
(c) That he was thinking of a woman.
(d) That he did it in English.
5. In Chapter 21, how long did the author say Padre Pio reportedly slept for at night?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Eight hours.
(d) Four hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, what religious movement did Padre Pio try to stop?
2. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
3. What was the first stage of Padre Pio's ministry?
4. In Chapter 6, who did Padre Pio tell about his desire to return to Pietrelcina?
5. After being declared terminally ill, when was Padre Pio able to leave his bed?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)