|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, 'My Earthly Work Has Now Begun', Chapter 22, 'The Lord Is Not Moved to Pity', Chapter 23, Padre Pio and the GIs, Chapter 24, The World for a Parish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, why did Archpriest Don Giuseppe begin confessing to Padre Pio?
(a) Because Padre Pio was most trustful.
(b) Because he thought he was blessed.
(c) Because he wanted a promotion in the friary.
(d) Because he thought Padre Pio was a different person.
2. Why was Padre Pio sent to Foggia?
(a) Because he was being investigated.
(b) Because he was needed to help fix a fraudulent friary.
(c) Because his sister was sick.
(d) Because they were starting a ministry there.
3. Who recorded the instance of Padre Pio speaking with demons?
(a) Padre Agostino.
(c) A young monk.
(d) Padre Pio himself.
4. In Chapter 23, how did American and British soldiers affect Padre Pio's ministry?
(a) They shrunk the number of followers.
(b) They spread it.
(c) They translated his writings.
(d) They forced him to move.
5. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
(a) Awakening of the self.
(b) Purification of the self.
(d) Spiritual marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
2. What did the author name the first five years after Padre Pio returned home?
3. At the end of Chapter 24, who did the author say called on Padre Pio for help?
4. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
5. In Chapter 21, how long did the author say Padre Pio reportedly slept for at night?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)