|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the hull number of the <I>Starbuck</I>?
2. How long has it been since someone researched the sunken island at George Papaaloa's museum?
(a) Two weeks ago.
(b) No one has ever asked for information about it from George.
(c) During the Vietnam War.
(d) Since right after World War Two.
3. What is Dirk wearing when he goes to see Admiral Hunter for the first time?
(a) His bathing suit.
(b) His business suit.
(c) His wetsuit.
(d) His military uniform.
4. What about the <I>Starbuck's</I> engine room strikes Dirk and LT March as suspicious?
(a) The engines are still running.
(b) It is clean and well maintained.
(c) There is no maintenance log.
(d) It is only partially flooded.
5. What is the correct phrasing to ask someone to repeat their message or to indicate you are repeating your message?
(a) Read back.
(b) Say again.
(c) Second time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words does LCDR Boland have tattooed on his arm?
2. Why does Dirk speculate that the Navy has equipped the <I>Martha Ann</I> with a crew of midgets?
3. What or who is <I>Andrei Vyborg</I>?
4. Who does Dirk call first to report the incident with the gray van?
5. What happens to the driver of the gray Dodge van that tries to run Dirk off the road?
Short Essay Questions
1. Acting on a hunch, Dirk goes to the Polynesian history museum to visit a friend well versed in the history and culture of the Hawaiian and Pacific Islands. Why?
2. How does Pitt know that the <I>Martha Ann</I> is out of radio contact with the world?
3. How does Dirk reinforce his disregard for authority upon return from the Pacific Vortex with the crew of the <I>Martha Ann</I>?
4. There are three operations, with different codenames going on simultaneously in Chapter 16. What are their different codenames and objectives?
5. What are some of the ways that Dirk knows that Summer is neither a government agent nor an American?
6. It is evident that Seaman First Class Farris could never have been any help to Delphi's cause or mission, however, Delphi keeps him alive, in spite of admitting to Dirk that Farris is "a minor miscalculation." What might be some reasons for this?
7. What does LT Robert Buckmaster discover at the old Army installation, which supposedly belongs to Delphi that partially explains the entirely unexpected fierce resistance to Marine's invasion? How might this situation have come to be?
8. What does Dirk fear lays in store for the <I>Martha Ann</I>? What information is he now armed with that may help? What does he still not know that could be fatal?
9. What are some ways the Pacific Vortex is different from the Bermuda Triangle and other legendary danger areas?
10. Who or what is Selma Snoop?
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)