|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Delphi let SN Farris live?
(a) He wants to lure the Navy back with the hopes of a survivor.
(b) Farris offers to help Delphi.
(c) He hopes Farris would train his men to work the submarine.
(d) He enjoys torturing the man.
2. What smell does Dirk suddenly recognize as the fog begins to envelop the Martha Ann?
(b) Melting plastic.
3. What does Roblemann invent?
(a) An underwater pump system big enough for a seamount.
(b) A prosthetic fin for human use.
(c) A combination gill-lung that surgically attached to a human's chest.
(d) A gene therapy that would allow humans to develop webbed hands and feet.
4. Who is Summer's mother?
(a) Autumn Carrigan Moran, Delphi's concubine and wife.
(b) Christine Dievkis, a Russian spy.
(c) Alamea Aolani, a Hawaiian princess.
5. What new ship do Dirk and Al discover while on their underwater mission?
(a) An unknown Japanese submarine.
(b) The Hans Zimmer.
(c) The Sampan.
(d) The Andrei Vyborg.
6. What does Dirk do for Al's injured hand?
(a) He wraps it in seaweed.
(b) He uses a scrap of Summer's dress to make a tourniquet.
(d) He gives him his swim trunks as a bandage.
7. What does Boland want Dirk to do before the invasion of the Martha Ann begins?
(a) Help him scuttle the Martha Ann.
(b) Get him and his crew off the ship.
(c) Take the helo and report to ADM Hunter.
(d) Help him arm the crew.
8. How many of Delphi's men does Crowhaven's team kill?
9. How is the rescue team tracking the submarine's location?
(a) Using a metal detector.
(b) Using a chart and the geo-coordinates Boland marked.
(c) Using the electronic marker Boland placed from the Martha Ann.
(d) Following the line of the flag buoy Boland left in place.
10. What causes the current that injures Dirk and Al?
(a) Underwater vortex suction.
(b) Natural underwater river.
(c) Power turbine's exhaust current.
(d) Delphi's protective current barrier, similar in function to a moat around a castle.
11. Which friend of her father's does Adrian admit to Dirk she has been sleeping with?
(a) CAPT Cinana.
(b) LCDR Boland.
(c) ADM Sandecker.
(d) CDR Denver.
12. Who is Al Giordino?
(a) ADM Sandecker's boss.
(b) The Assistant Special Projects Director at NUMA.
(c) The owner of a charter plane company on Hawaii.
(d) An adventurer for hire.
13. What is the plan for the plane the rescue team flies out to the Pacific Vortex?
(a) Ditch it in the water such that the crew manages to survive and the plane still floats.
(b) The team will skydive from it into the drop zone and let the plane crash wherever it lands.
(c) Al will drop the team and then fly in circles around the site until the pick-up signal is given.
(d) The plane is a red-herring to make Delphi think they arrived that way. The real underwater rescue team is arriving by submarine.
14. Why does the giant with the golden eyes select Dirk to be the messenger of the capsule?
(a) Respect and a desire to draw him into the game.
(b) To match his wits against Dirk's for fun.
(c) Impact and believability.
(d) To expose Dirk's prior relationship with Adrian to the ADM.
15. What is the rescue schedule for the Starbuck when Dirk, Al and the Navy team return to the Pacifc Vortex?
(a) 10 hours.
(b) Two hours and 45 minutes.
(c) Four and a half hours.
(d) 90 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first visible evidence of the real nature of "Them?"
2. How does SN Farris react to the battle raging around him on the Martha Ann?
3. Who wakes up Dirk after he reaches his hotel room and falls asleep after leaving the hospital?
4. Who is Lavella?
5. Who does Dirk go in search of before taking off in the helicopter?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)