|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Summer escape the seamount?
(a) She doesn't.
(b) Dirk carries her to the surface.
(c) She is rescued by the Starbuck .
(d) She swims, carrying Dirk who is too injured to move.
2. How many of Them attack Dirk and Adrian?
3. How is the rescue team tracking the submarine's location?
(a) Using a metal detector.
(b) Following the line of the flag buoy Boland left in place.
(c) Using a chart and the geo-coordinates Boland marked.
(d) Using the electronic marker Boland placed from the Martha Ann.
4. How does SN Farris react to the battle raging around him on the Martha Ann?
(a) He is asleep.
(b) He is having a panic attack as he relives the horror of what happened to the
(c) He is dazedly unconcerned, almost disconnected from reality.
(d) He engages in the gun battle, relieved to be able to vent some of his anger at the men from the sea.
5. What does Dirk omit from his report on the fight against Them in his hotel room?
(a) The plan to make his death look accidental.
(b) Adrian's story.
(c) Summer's involvement.
(d) His anticipation of the attack.
6. Who is Henry Fujima?
(a) The doctor who takes charge of SN Farris back at Pearl Harbor.
(b) A Hawaiian historian who tells Dirk about tuna fishing in the Pacific.
(c) A friend of George Papaaloa.
(d) A Hawaiian fisherman who is run over by a ship in the beginning of Chapter 12.
7. How long has the giant with the golden eyes been keeping tabs on Dirk's activities?
(a) Since the day he picked up the capsule.
(d) For the last twenty-four hours.
8. Who is Summer?
(a) Delphi's wife.
(b) CAPT Cinana's other mistress.
(c) Adrian's sister.
(d) Delphi's daughter.
9. How does the Starbuck break free of the ocean floor?
(b) Shock waves from the Monitor's missile strike.
(c) Aftershocks from a spontaneous undersea earthquake.
(d) A sudden cold water upwelling.
10. What makes the fog associated with the Pacific Vortex so odd?
(a) The color is wrong.
(b) There is a thick almost oily texture to the mist.
(c) There is nothing odd or different about it, other than its there.
(d) The weather conditions are wrong for fog.
11. What happens to the radio communications between Big Daddy and the Kid?
(a) ADM Hunter makes an executive decision to maintain radio silence until the final hour.
(b) Delphi's transmitter intercepts the signal.
(c) The signal is lost due to an electrical storm.
(d) Kid's radio fails.
12. Who are the two men waiting for Dirk in the torpedo room as he tries to escape the submarine with SN Farris?
(b) Crewmembers from the Martha Ann.
(c) Boland and Denver.
(d) CDR Dupree and another of the Starbuck's crew.
13. Which friend of her father's does Adrian admit to Dirk she has been sleeping with?
(a) ADM Sandecker.
(b) CDR Denver.
(c) LCDR Boland.
(d) CAPT Cinana.
14. Who is Summer's mother?
(b) Autumn Carrigan Moran, Delphi's concubine and wife.
(c) Christine Dievkis, a Russian spy.
(d) Alamea Aolani, a Hawaiian princess.
15. How many men escape with Dirk on the helicopter from the Martha Ann?
(a) All of them plus Farris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dirk and Al leave the rescue team to salvage the Starbuck while they go to do what?
2. Who is Al Giordino?
3. How is Dirk's death intended to appear?
4. What is holding the Starbuck down?
5. What is Boland's reaction to the news that March is dead?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)