Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Henry Fujima?
(a) The doctor who takes charge of SN Farris back at Pearl Harbor.
(b) A friend of George Papaaloa.
(c) A Hawaiian historian who tells Dirk about tuna fishing in the Pacific.
(d) A Hawaiian fisherman who is run over by a ship in the beginning of Chapter 12.
2. What is in the hypodermic syringe that Summer assaults Dirk with?
(a) Enough Thorazine to lay out a horse.
(b) Scopolamine, exactly as she said.
(c) A heavy dose of AP-23 barbituate, a knockout drug.
(d) DG-10, a deadly poison.
3. Who has been Delphi's informant in the Navy?
(a) Adrian Hunter.
(b) CDR Burdette Denver.
(c) CAPT Orl Cinana.
(d) LCDR Paul Boland.
4. What replacement weapon does Dirk grab after having expended his single shot weapon?
(a) A spear gun.
(b) A small glove-shaped pistol.
(c) LT March's gun.
(d) A diver's knife.
5. Who wakes up Dirk after he reaches his hotel room and falls asleep after leaving the hospital?
(a) CAPT Orl Cinana.
(b) ADM Sandecker.
(c) Adrian Hunter.
(d) ADM Hunter.
6. What is the first visible evidence of the real nature of "Them?"
(a) Dirk finds evidence of human habitation in the crew's quarters.
(b) The guard that Dirk kills turns out to be a normal human man.
(c) The man Dirk kills appears to have evolved gills.
(d) Dirk sees a shadow outline of one which appears to have a tail and webbed feet.
7. Who is "Big Daddy?"
(a) The group of Navy SEALS on the rescue team.
(b) Dirk's nickname for Al Giordino.
(c) Code-name for the <I>Starbuck</I> rescue team.
(d) Code-name for ADM Hunter back in Pearl Harbor.
8. What makes the fog associated with the Pacific Vortex so odd?
(a) The weather conditions are wrong for fog.
(b) There is nothing odd or different about it, other than its there.
(c) There is a thick almost oily texture to the mist.
(d) The color is wrong.
9. Dirk and Al leave the rescue team to salvage the <I>Starbuck</i> while they go to do what?
(a) Arrest Delphi.
(b) Find the entrance to the seamount and rescue Adrian Hunter.
(c) Keep watch for Delphi's men.
(d) Find Summer Moran.
10. Who is Summer?
(a) Delphi's wife.
(b) CAPT Cinana's other mistress.
(c) Delphi's daughter.
(d) Adrian's sister.
11. What argument does Summer use to convince Delphi not to shoot Al and Dirk inside the seamount?
(a) That the blood will stain the floor.
(b) That he should not being death and bloodshed within his home.
(c) That she's afraid of guns.
(d) That she loves Dirk.
12. Who does Dirk report the attack on Adrian to?
(a) The Pearl Harbor Shore Patrol.
(b) The Honolulu police.
(c) The hotel security team.
(d) ADM Hunter.
13. What is the plan for the plane the rescue team flies out to the Pacific Vortex?
(a) The plane is a red-herring to make Delphi think they arrived that way. The real underwater rescue team is arriving by submarine.
(b) The team will skydive from it into the drop zone and let the plane crash wherever it lands.
(c) Ditch it in the water such that the crew manages to survive and the plane still floats.
(d) Al will drop the team and then fly in circles around the site until the pick-up signal is given.
14. What does Dirk omit from his report on the fight against Them in his hotel room?
(a) Summer's involvement.
(b) His anticipation of the attack.
(c) Adrian's story.
(d) The plan to make his death look accidental.
15. What happens to the radio communications between Big Daddy and the Kid?
(a) ADM Hunter makes an executive decision to maintain radio silence until the final hour.
(b) Kid's radio fails.
(c) Delphi's transmitter intercepts the signal.
(d) The signal is lost due to an electrical storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the <I>Starbuck</I> break free of the ocean floor?
2. What does Dirk direct should be done to the <I>Starbuck's</I> torpedo room as they escape?
3. How does Frederick Moran die?
4. What does Dirk discover attached to the handrail on the side of the ship at the battle between the <I>Martha Ann's</i> crew and the men from the sea?
5. How does Dirk discover LT March after he realizes they are not alone on the submarine?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)