|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dirk land the helicopter after evacuating the Martha Ann?
(a) Hickam Field airport.
(b) The neatly manicured front lawn of ADM Hunter's home.
(c) The military hospital on Oahu.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
2. What happens to the radio communications between Big Daddy and the Kid?
(a) The signal is lost due to an electrical storm.
(b) Kid's radio fails.
(c) ADM Hunter makes an executive decision to maintain radio silence until the final hour.
(d) Delphi's transmitter intercepts the signal.
3. Who is Summer's mother?
(a) Alamea Aolani, a Hawaiian princess.
(b) Autumn Carrigan Moran, Delphi's concubine and wife.
(d) Christine Dievkis, a Russian spy.
4. What two scientists does Dirk report to when he arrives at Pearl Harbor after the attack in his hotel room?
(a) Doctors Chrysler and York.
(b) Doctors Lavella and Roblemann.
(c) Doctors Trinidad and Goldman.
(d) Doctors Ford and Newce.
5. What is the reason for the eucalyptus oil?
(a) It's not eucalyptus but a seaweed that generates the same odor.
(b) Air freshener and dehydrator.
(c) Perfume for the women on the seamount.
(d) Used as fuel for the generators.
6. What is the Joint Chiefs' decision on what to do with the Starbuck?
(a) Leave her where she is.
(b) Mangle her so that her missiles cannot be launched and then raise her later.
(c) Return as soon as possible to restart the salvage expedition.
(d) Cover her with motion activated sensors so they can track the activity of Delphi and his men.
7. How does Dirk finally break Delphi's facade of cool indifference?
(a) By calling him out as a phony.
(b) By refusing to acknowledge his own danger and physical suffering.
(c) By insulting Summer.
(d) By pretending not to know Al.
8. What is Delphi's relationship to Frederick Moran?
(a) Delphi is his brother.
(b) Delphi and Frederick Moran are not relatd.
(c) Delphi is his son.
(d) He is not a blood relative but they are partners.
9. How many of Them attack Dirk and Adrian?
10. How does Al prevent Delphi's gun from killing Dirk?
(a) He puts his finger between the hammer and the striker pin.
(b) He jams the trigger, preventing it from being pulled back.
(c) He secretly unloads the ammunition when Delphi is distracted.
(d) He sticks his finger in the gun barrel.
11. Why does the giant with the golden eyes select Dirk to be the messenger of the capsule?
(a) Impact and believability.
(b) To match his wits against Dirk's for fun.
(c) Respect and a desire to draw him into the game.
(d) To expose Dirk's prior relationship with Adrian to the ADM.
12. Who arrives on the comm deck as Dirk is communicating to the Martha Ann and LCDR Boland?
(a) SN Farris.
(c) CDR Dupree.
(d) LT March.
13. When Dirk meets Delphi in his underwater caves, how much time is left before the seamount explodes?
(a) 50 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) Three hours.
(d) One hour.
14. How many of "Them" are on the Starbuck according to SN Farris?
(a) Two guards at all times.
(c) Three guards and a radio-man.
(d) One on duty, one resting.
15. Which friend of her father's does Adrian admit to Dirk she has been sleeping with?
(a) CAPT Cinana.
(b) CDR Denver.
(c) ADM Sandecker.
(d) LCDR Boland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what is Mad Chopper?
2. How long has the giant with the golden eyes been keeping tabs on Dirk's activities?
3. Who wakes up Dirk after he reaches his hotel room and falls asleep after leaving the hospital?
4. What is the size of the school of fish the Martha Ann's sensors detect as they prepare to escape the Pacific Vortex area?
5. What is the plan for the plane the rescue team flies out to the Pacific Vortex?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)