|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dirk go in search of before taking off in the helicopter?
(a) The helmsman.
(b) More of "Them" to kill.
(c) SN Farris.
(d) LCDR Boland.
2. How long has the giant with the golden eyes been keeping tabs on Dirk's activities?
(b) For the last twenty-four hours.
(d) Since the day he picked up the capsule.
3. Who is Al Giordino?
(a) The owner of a charter plane company on Hawaii.
(b) ADM Sandecker's boss.
(c) An adventurer for hire.
(d) The Assistant Special Projects Director at NUMA.
4. What is the Joint Chiefs' decision on what to do with the Starbuck?
(a) Leave her where she is.
(b) Cover her with motion activated sensors so they can track the activity of Delphi and his men.
(c) Mangle her so that her missiles cannot be launched and then raise her later.
(d) Return as soon as possible to restart the salvage expedition.
5. Who are the two men waiting for Dirk in the torpedo room as he tries to escape the submarine with SN Farris?
(a) Boland and Denver.
(b) CDR Dupree and another of the Starbuck's crew.
(c) Crewmembers from the Martha Ann.
6. Why does Delphi let SN Farris live?
(a) He enjoys torturing the man.
(b) He wants to lure the Navy back with the hopes of a survivor.
(c) Farris offers to help Delphi.
(d) He hopes Farris would train his men to work the submarine.
7. How does Crowhaven manage to get in touch with ADM Hunter?
(a) Via a commercial radio station in Honolulu.
(b) Using Morse code through a late night ham radio operator.
(c) By calling the Coast Guard.
(d) Via the NWS weather radio frequency.
8. Who or what is Mad Chopper?
(a) Crowhaven's plan B.
(b) Dirk's helo crew standing by.
(c) ADM Hunter when he's angry.
(d) LT Buckmaster's team.
9. What is holding the Starbuck down?
(a) Seafloor suction.
(b) Chains Delphi used to anchor her.
(c) Lack of power.
(d) Lack of ballast.
10. What kind of shark meets Al as he speeds towards the surface with Adrian?
(a) Great White.
11. What threat does Dirk face being left behind as as the others ride the air bubble from the Starbuck's escape hatch to the surface?
(a) A hammerhead shark.
(b) Running out of air before he can reach the surface.
(c) A great white shark.
(d) One of Them coming to relieve the previous guards.
12. Who is Summer?
(a) Delphi's daughter.
(b) CAPT Cinana's other mistress.
(c) Delphi's wife.
(d) Adrian's sister.
13. What is in the hypodermic syringe that Summer assaults Dirk with?
(a) DG-10, a deadly poison.
(b) Enough Thorazine to lay out a horse.
(c) Scopolamine, exactly as she said.
(d) A heavy dose of AP-23 barbituate, a knockout drug.
14. Why doesn't Pearl Harbor know what has been happening with the Martha Ann and the finding of the Starbuck intact?
(a) The radios have becomes mysteriously inoperable since they arrived at the Pacific Vortex.
(b) LCDR Boland has not sent any messages.
(c) The Martha Ann has been using the wrong frequency.
(d) All radio signals in the area are being jammed.
15. What is Delphi's relationship to Frederick Moran?
(a) Delphi is his son.
(b) Delphi and Frederick Moran are not relatd.
(c) Delphi is his brother.
(d) He is not a blood relative but they are partners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for the eucalyptus oil?
2. Which friend of her father's does Adrian admit to Dirk she has been sleeping with?
3. What replacement weapon does Dirk grab after having expended his single shot weapon?
4. How many of "Them" are on the Starbuck according to SN Farris?
5. Who is "Big Daddy?"
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)