|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What argument does Summer use to convince Delphi not to shoot Al and Dirk inside the seamount?
(a) That he should not being death and bloodshed within his home.
(b) That the blood will stain the floor.
(c) That she's afraid of guns.
(d) That she loves Dirk.
2. Why does Delphi let SN Farris live?
(a) Farris offers to help Delphi.
(b) He wants to lure the Navy back with the hopes of a survivor.
(c) He hopes Farris would train his men to work the submarine.
(d) He enjoys torturing the man.
3. What is holding the Starbuck down?
(a) Lack of ballast.
(b) Seafloor suction.
(c) Lack of power.
(d) Chains Delphi used to anchor her.
4. How does SN Farris react to the battle raging around him on the <I>Martha Ann</I>?
(a) He is dazedly unconcerned, almost disconnected from reality.
(b) He is asleep.
(c) He engages in the gun battle, relieved to be able to vent some of his anger at the men from the sea.
(d) He is having a panic attack as he relives the horror of what happened to the <I<>Starbuck</I>.
5. How many men escape with Dirk on the helicopter from the Martha Ann?
(a) All of them plus Farris.
6. What two scientists does Dirk report to when he arrives at Pearl Harbor after the attack in his hotel room?
(a) Doctors Ford and Newce.
(b) Doctors Trinidad and Goldman.
(c) Doctors Chrysler and York.
(d) Doctors Lavella and Roblemann.
7. Who or what is Mad Chopper?
(a) Crowhaven's plan B.
(b) ADM Hunter when he's angry.
(c) Dirk's helo crew standing by.
(d) LT Buckmaster's team.
8. What makes the fog associated with the Pacific Vortex so odd?
(a) The color is wrong.
(b) The weather conditions are wrong for fog.
(c) There is nothing odd or different about it, other than its there.
(d) There is a thick almost oily texture to the mist.
9. What is the first visible evidence of the real nature of "Them?"
(a) The guard that Dirk kills turns out to be a normal human man.
(b) Dirk sees a shadow outline of one which appears to have a tail and webbed feet.
(c) Dirk finds evidence of human habitation in the crew's quarters.
(d) The man Dirk kills appears to have evolved gills.
10. What does Dirk direct should be done to the <I>Starbuck's</I> torpedo room as they escape?
(a) Tear a hole in the hull.
(b) Drain it.
(c) Arm the torpedoes.
(d) Flood it.
11. How does Adrian escape when the men from the sea come ashore and kill her friend?
(a) Through a connecting bathroom.
(b) Through a trapdoor under the bed.
(c) Through a two-way closet.
(d) Out the window.
12. How many of "Them" are on the <i>Starbuck</i> according to SN Farris?
(b) Three guards and a radio-man.
(c) Two guards at all times.
(d) One on duty, one resting.
13. Who is Summer?
(a) Adrian's sister.
(b) CAPT Cinana's other mistress.
(c) Delphi's wife.
(d) Delphi's daughter.
14. How many of Delphi's men does Crowhaven's team kill?
15. The Martha Ann has 20 feet of freeboard, making attack from the surface difficult according to LCDR Boland. What is freeboard?
(a) The ship's height from water surface to the top of her superstructure.
(b) The ladders over the side of her hull.
(c) The distance from the first deck of the ship to the surface of the water.
(d) The lip of the deck that juts out over the hull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What threat does Dirk face being left behind as as the others ride the air bubble from the <I>Starbuck's</I> escape hatch to the surface?
2. What is in the hypodermic syringe that Summer assaults Dirk with?
3. What does Dirk do for Al's injured hand?
4. Who wakes up Dirk after he reaches his hotel room and falls asleep after leaving the hospital?
5. Where is Delphi's transmitter that allows him to jam radio signals?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)