|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new ship do Dirk and Al discover while on their underwater mission?
(a) The Sampan.
(b) The Hans Zimmer.
(c) An unknown Japanese submarine.
(d) The Andrei Vyborg.
2. What two scientists does Dirk report to when he arrives at Pearl Harbor after the attack in his hotel room?
(a) Doctors Chrysler and York.
(b) Doctors Ford and Newce.
(c) Doctors Trinidad and Goldman.
(d) Doctors Lavella and Roblemann.
3. How long has the giant with the golden eyes been keeping tabs on Dirk's activities?
(b) For the last twenty-four hours.
(c) Since the day he picked up the capsule.
4. What kind of shark meets Al as he speeds towards the surface with Adrian?
(d) Great White.
5. What is holding the Starbuck down?
(a) Chains Delphi used to anchor her.
(b) Lack of power.
(c) Lack of ballast.
(d) Seafloor suction.
6. Who are the two men waiting for Dirk in the torpedo room as he tries to escape the submarine with SN Farris?
(a) Boland and Denver.
(b) CDR Dupree and another of the Starbuck's crew.
(d) Crewmembers from the Martha Ann.
7. How does SN Farris react to the battle raging around him on the Martha Ann?
(a) He is asleep.
(b) He engages in the gun battle, relieved to be able to vent some of his anger at the men from the sea.
(c) He is having a panic attack as he relives the horror of what happened to the
(d) He is dazedly unconcerned, almost disconnected from reality.
8. How is Dirk's death intended to appear?
(a) Like a mob hit.
(b) Like he eloped with Adrian.
(c) As though he vanished of his own free will after accepting money for secrets.
(d) Accidental drowning.
9. Where is Delphi's transmitter that allows him to jam radio signals?
(a) On Midway Island, in a remote corner of one of the uninhabited islands in the atoll.
(b) On the island of Maui at an abandoned Army installation.
(c) On a sandbar 20 nautical miles northwest of Kauai.
(d) In downtown Honolulu, on top of a skyscraper.
10. What smell does Dirk suddenly recognize as the fog begins to envelop the Martha Ann?
(a) Melting plastic.
11. Who is Summer?
(a) CAPT Cinana's other mistress.
(b) Delphi's wife.
(c) Delphi's daughter.
(d) Adrian's sister.
12. Who is Summer's mother?
(b) Christine Dievkis, a Russian spy.
(c) Alamea Aolani, a Hawaiian princess.
(d) Autumn Carrigan Moran, Delphi's concubine and wife.
13. What replacement weapon does Dirk grab after having expended his single shot weapon?
(a) LT March's gun.
(b) A diver's knife.
(c) A small glove-shaped pistol.
(d) A spear gun.
14. What does Dirk omit from his report on the fight against Them in his hotel room?
(a) Summer's involvement.
(b) His anticipation of the attack.
(c) Adrian's story.
(d) The plan to make his death look accidental.
15. How does Al prevent Delphi's gun from killing Dirk?
(a) He secretly unloads the ammunition when Delphi is distracted.
(b) He jams the trigger, preventing it from being pulled back.
(c) He puts his finger between the hammer and the striker pin.
(d) He sticks his finger in the gun barrel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roblemann invent?
2. Why is Dirk's and Al's mission time-critical?
3. What does Dirk do for Al's injured hand?
4. Who does Dirk report the attack on Adrian to?
5. What does Dirk discover attached to the handrail on the side of the ship at the battle between the Martha Ann's crew and the men from the sea?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)