|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the fog associated with the Pacific Vortex so odd?
(a) There is a thick almost oily texture to the mist.
(b) The weather conditions are wrong for fog.
(c) There is nothing odd or different about it, other than its there.
(d) The color is wrong.
2. What is the rescue schedule for the Starbuck when Dirk, Al and the Navy team return to the Pacifc Vortex?
(a) Four and a half hours.
(b) 10 hours.
(c) 90 minutes.
(d) Two hours and 45 minutes.
3. What does Dirk discover on the bodies of two the men from the sea that he kills?
(a) A small plastic box adhered to their chests.
(c) Webbed hands and feet.
(d) Green skin and hair.
4. What does Dirk omit from his report on the fight against Them in his hotel room?
(a) Adrian's story.
(b) Summer's involvement.
(c) The plan to make his death look accidental.
(d) His anticipation of the attack.
5. What is Boland's reaction to the news that March is dead?
(a) "This is your fault Dirk."
(b) "How could you let him die?"
(c) "These things happen."
(d) "I'll tell his mother."
6. How does Summer escape the seamount?
(a) She swims, carrying Dirk who is too injured to move.
(b) She is rescued by the Starbuck .
(c) Dirk carries her to the surface.
(d) She doesn't.
7. What is the plan for the plane the rescue team flies out to the Pacific Vortex?
(a) The plane is a red-herring to make Delphi think they arrived that way. The real underwater rescue team is arriving by submarine.
(b) Ditch it in the water such that the crew manages to survive and the plane still floats.
(c) Al will drop the team and then fly in circles around the site until the pick-up signal is given.
(d) The team will skydive from it into the drop zone and let the plane crash wherever it lands.
8. Who does Dirk report the attack on Adrian to?
(a) The hotel security team.
(b) The Pearl Harbor Shore Patrol.
(c) The Honolulu police.
(d) ADM Hunter.
9. How does Dirk discover LT March after he realizes they are not alone on the submarine?
(a) Dead, he's been shot.
(b) Dirk cannot find him.
(c) Wounded, he's been stabbed.
(d) Hiding and wounded.
10. What is holding the Starbuck down?
(a) Chains Delphi used to anchor her.
(b) Seafloor suction.
(c) Lack of ballast.
(d) Lack of power.
11. How is the rescue team tracking the submarine's location?
(a) Using the electronic marker Boland placed from the Martha Ann.
(b) Using a chart and the geo-coordinates Boland marked.
(c) Using a metal detector.
(d) Following the line of the flag buoy Boland left in place.
12. How many men escape with Dirk on the helicopter from the Martha Ann?
(d) All of them plus Farris.
13. Who is Al Giordino?
(a) An adventurer for hire.
(b) The owner of a charter plane company on Hawaii.
(c) ADM Sandecker's boss.
(d) The Assistant Special Projects Director at NUMA.
14. What is the size of the school of fish the Martha Ann's sensors detect as they prepare to escape the Pacific Vortex area?
(a) About 500, all identically sized.
(b) About 2,000, roughly 2-3 feet in length each.
(c) About 50, ranging from 3 to 10 feet each.
(d) About 200, roughly 5-7 feet in length each.
15. Who or what is Mad Chopper?
(a) Crowhaven's plan B.
(b) ADM Hunter when he's angry.
(c) Dirk's helo crew standing by.
(d) LT Buckmaster's team.
Short Answer Questions
1. What argument does Summer use to convince Delphi not to shoot Al and Dirk inside the seamount?
2. What does Dirk do for Al's injured hand?
3. How does Al prevent Delphi's gun from killing Dirk?
4. Where does Dirk land the helicopter after evacuating the Martha Ann?
5. Who does Dirk finally meet during Their attack on him and Adrian?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)