|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Summer's mother?
(a) Autumn Carrigan Moran, Delphi's concubine and wife.
(b) Alamea Aolani, a Hawaiian princess.
(d) Christine Dievkis, a Russian spy.
2. What does Dirk discover attached to the handrail on the side of the ship at the battle between the Martha Ann's crew and the men from the sea?
(a) A grappling hook.
(b) A ramp.
(c) A floating line.
(d) A jacob's ladder.
3. What does Dirk omit from his report on the fight against Them in his hotel room?
(a) His anticipation of the attack.
(b) Adrian's story.
(c) Summer's involvement.
(d) The plan to make his death look accidental.
4. What kind of shark meets Al as he speeds towards the surface with Adrian?
(a) Great White.
5. What new ship do Dirk and Al discover while on their underwater mission?
(a) The Andrei Vyborg.
(b) The Sampan.
(c) The Hans Zimmer.
(d) An unknown Japanese submarine.
6. What is the first visible evidence of the real nature of "Them?"
(a) The man Dirk kills appears to have evolved gills.
(b) Dirk sees a shadow outline of one which appears to have a tail and webbed feet.
(c) The guard that Dirk kills turns out to be a normal human man.
(d) Dirk finds evidence of human habitation in the crew's quarters.
7. How long has the giant with the golden eyes been keeping tabs on Dirk's activities?
(b) Since the day he picked up the capsule.
(c) For the last twenty-four hours.
8. Who is LT Robert Buckmaster?
(a) Head of Shore Patrol at Pearl Harbor.
(b) A former navy officer who defected to Delphi.
(c) Crowhaven's nav officer.
(d) The Marine officer in charge of taking the transmitter station.
9. Where does Dirk land the helicopter after evacuating the Martha Ann?
(a) The military hospital on Oahu.
(b) Hickam Field airport.
(c) Pearl Harbor.
(d) The neatly manicured front lawn of ADM Hunter's home.
10. When Dirk meets Delphi in his underwater caves, how much time is left before the seamount explodes?
(a) 50 minutes.
(b) One hour.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) Three hours.
11. What is the size of the school of fish the Martha Ann's sensors detect as they prepare to escape the Pacific Vortex area?
(a) About 50, ranging from 3 to 10 feet each.
(b) About 200, roughly 5-7 feet in length each.
(c) About 500, all identically sized.
(d) About 2,000, roughly 2-3 feet in length each.
12. Who arrives on the comm deck as Dirk is communicating to the Martha Ann and LCDR Boland?
(a) SN Farris.
(b) LT March.
(d) CDR Dupree.
13. What does Boland want Dirk to do before the invasion of the Martha Ann begins?
(a) Help him arm the crew.
(b) Help him scuttle the Martha Ann.
(c) Take the helo and report to ADM Hunter.
(d) Get him and his crew off the ship.
14. Who or what is Mad Chopper?
(a) LT Buckmaster's team.
(b) ADM Hunter when he's angry.
(c) Dirk's helo crew standing by.
(d) Crowhaven's plan B.
15. What threat does Dirk face being left behind as as the others ride the air bubble from the Starbuck's escape hatch to the surface?
(a) A hammerhead shark.
(b) Running out of air before he can reach the surface.
(c) A great white shark.
(d) One of Them coming to relieve the previous guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Martha Ann has 20 feet of freeboard, making attack from the surface difficult according to LCDR Boland. What is freeboard?
2. Who does Dirk report the attack on Adrian to?
3. What is the Joint Chiefs' decision on what to do with the Starbuck?
4. How is Dirk's death intended to appear?
5. Why does Delphi let SN Farris live?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)