|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dirk meets Delphi in his underwater caves, how much time is left before the seamount explodes?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) Three hours.
(c) 50 minutes.
(d) One hour.
2. How does Summer escape Dirk's hotel room?
(a) By knocking Dirk out and running.
(b) By threatening Dirk with a gun.
(c) By threatening to call the police.
(d) By knotting towels together and escaping out the window.
3. What kind of car does Dirk drive?
(a) An AC Cobra.
(b) An antique Chevy pickup.
(c) A Ford Mustang.
(d) A Volkswagen beetle.
4. What is Boland's reaction to the news that March is dead?
(a) "How could you let him die?"
(b) "These things happen."
(c) "This is your fault Dirk."
(d) "I'll tell his mother."
5. What happens to the driver of the gray Dodge van that tries to run Dirk off the road?
(a) He scrambles free of the falling van and runs from the scene.
(b) He is killed in the crash that totals the van.
(c) He is impaled on a telephone pole spike.
(d) He falls over a sea cliff and is dashed against the rocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dirk beginning to distrust his situational awareness after his visit to the museum and George Papaaloa?
2. How is Dirk's death intended to appear?
3. What is the time lapse between the disaster that befell the ship and the beginning of the narrative that ADM Hunter relates?
4. What branch of the military does Dirk belong to?
5. How long is the hull of the Starbuck?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)