|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dirk meets Delphi in his underwater caves, how much time is left before the seamount explodes?
(a) One hour.
(b) 50 minutes.
(c) Three hours.
(d) 15 minutes.
2. Why doesn't Dirk want to leave the Martha Ann on the helicopter to go and get the salvage team?
(a) Because if something happens, there is no alternate escape route for the crew.
(b) Because he's afraid to fly in the dark.
(c) He doesn't believe the sub can be salvaged.
(d) He doesn't want to miss the action on the Martha Ann.
3. What s the first indication that the Martha Ann is in danger at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) A thick fog coming up from the ocean surface.
(b) Sudden radio silence.
(c) Sudden change in sea state.
(d) A continuous thumping sound coming from the bottom of the hull.
4. How many men escape with Dirk on the helicopter from the Martha Ann?
(c) All of them plus Farris.
5. How does LCDR Boland mark the position of the submarine in case they are forced to abandon the site?
(a) A dye marker.
(b) A floating flag buoy.
(c) An electronic waterproof signal transmitter.
(d) An anchored liferaft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words does LCDR Boland have tattooed on his arm?
2. What happens to the driver of the gray Dodge van that tries to run Dirk off the road?
3. Where does Dirk land the helicopter after evacuating the Martha Ann?
4. What threat does Dirk face being left behind as as the others ride the air bubble from the Starbuck's escape hatch to the surface?
5. What does Roblemann invent?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)