|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In spite of all of the odd people Dirk has met since the beginning of the book, who is it that still haunts him as he gets underway on the Martha Ann?
(a) The other man researching the Kanoli legend.
(b) Adrian Hunter.
(c) George Papaaloa.
2. What is Dirk's new assignment now that he has read the submarine log and reported it?
(a) He is to help in the salvage operation of the Starbuck.
(b) He is to help in the government cover-up of the loss of the Starbuck.
(c) He is go deep undercover to avoid any connection with the missing submarine.
(d) He is to investigate Russian activity that led to the loss of the Starbuck.
3. What is in the hypodermic syringe that Summer assaults Dirk with?
(a) A heavy dose of AP-23 barbituate, a knockout drug.
(b) DG-10, a deadly poison.
(c) Enough Thorazine to lay out a horse.
(d) Scopolamine, exactly as she said.
4. What happens to the driver of the gray Dodge van that tries to run Dirk off the road?
(a) He is killed in the crash that totals the van.
(b) He is impaled on a telephone pole spike.
(c) He scrambles free of the falling van and runs from the scene.
(d) He falls over a sea cliff and is dashed against the rocks.
5. Who has been Delphi's informant in the Navy?
(a) CDR Burdette Denver.
(b) CAPT Orl Cinana.
(c) LCDR Paul Boland.
(d) Adrian Hunter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Delphi's relationship to Frederick Moran?
2. How is the boarding party killed according to the San Gabriel's report?
3. By ADM Hunter's estimation, how deep is the water where the Starbuck sinks?
4. Who is "Big Daddy?"
5. What is the time lapse between the disaster that befell the ship and the beginning of the narrative that ADM Hunter relates?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)