|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dirk doing at the opening of the book?
(a) Riding his bike.
(c) Visiting with friends.
2. What is the nickname of the area where the Starbuck went missing?
(a) The Pacific Vortex.
(b) The Laurentian Abyss.
(c) The Bermuda Triangle.
(d) The South China Crevasse.
3. What does George Papaaloa ask Dirk about progress on that that Dirk had recently been diving to find?
(a) Iolani Palace.
(c) The burial cave of King Kamehameha.
(d) The burial grounds of the Koolau tribe.
4. Who says "As long as there are seas, ships, and men, there will be strange unsolved mysteries."?
(a) ADM Sandecker
(b) Dirk Pitt.
(c) CDR Dupree.
(d) Captain Cinana.
5. What accounts for the ocean turning a greenish color as the Martha Ann approaches the shallower water of the seamount?
(a) Vegetation growing on the seamount.
(b) Source unknown.
(c) Toxic waste spewing from the submarine's damaged reactor.
(d) A dye marker in the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the hull number of the Starbuck?
2. Why does Dirk stop to talk to George Papaaloa?
3. How many consonants does the Hawaiian language have?
4. How does LCDR Boland mark the position of the submarine in case they are forced to abandon the site?
5. Who does Dirk call first to report the incident with the gray van?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)