|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Dirk to recover himself after Summer attacks him and he knocks her out enough to get them both back to his hotel room?
(a) Four minutes.
(b) One hour.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
2. Who says to Dirk: "If you keep staring at me, I'll be forced to charge you admission."?
(a) Adrian Hunter.
(b) Capt. Orl Cinana
(c) Summer Moran.
(d) The blonde girl from Dirk's fifth grade class.
3. What does the manuscript turn out to be?
(a) Mostly undreadable.
(b) An unauthorized history of naval submarines.
(c) Half of an Admiral's autobiography.
(d) 26 pages from the submarine Starbuck's log.
4. How long has it been since Dirk has had a vacation?
(a) Four years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six months.
(d) 10 years.
5. What is the first year of record for missing ships in the Pacific Vortex?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Marine guard at ADM Hunter's building on Pearl Harbor base ask Dirk for when he reports?
2. Whose responsibility is it to plot the new search area for the Martha Ann after Dirk's interpretation of the evidence?
3. What is dangerous about Dirk's swim out to the object in the water?
4. Roughly how large is the Martha Ann in Dirk's estimate?
5. Where is Dirk at the opening of the book?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)