|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are Dirk's eyes?
2. Where is Dirk at the opening of the book?
(a) Canea Bay, Phillippines.
(b) On a beach called Kaena Point, HI.
(c) On a volcano called Mount Kaena, HI.
(d) At Kaena Cove, Japan.
3. Besides his direction on delivering his message, what is CDR Dupree's final request?
(a) Please communicate with my family.
(b) Let the world know there ARE extra-terrestrials on Earth.
(c) Do not search for us.
(d) Do not let them get us.
4. Why does Dirk stop to talk to George Papaaloa?
(a) To learn more about Pacific Islands.
(b) To find out what he knows about Summer.
(c) To shake off the person tailing him.
(d) To find out what he knows about the Pacific Vortex.
5. How does Dirk describe the smell of a working port as he arrives for his departure on the Martha Ann?
(a) Reeking of seaweed and petrol with a touch of seagull crap mixed in.
(b) A heady aroma of saltwater and Hawaiian flowers with just a hint of gasoline to indicate the work at hand.
(c) Nauseating and faintly reminiscent of times at sea he'd rather forget.
(d) Oil, gasoline, tar and smoke, with a tinge of saltwater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Dirk want to leave the Martha Ann on the helicopter to go and get the salvage team?
2. Why does ADM Hunter think the crew could have still escaped and survived?
3. What is the Martha Ann's depth at the start of their search pattern?
4. Why does Dirk take Summer back to his hotel room after he knocks her out?
5. How does Dirk decide who to give the manuscript to?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)