|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dirk's gun do him no good in the shootout with the gray Dodge van that tails him after he leaves the museum?
(a) He can't reach it.
(b) He never loaded the ammunition.
(c) It is stolen out of his car.
(d) His aim is terrible.
2. Why does ADM Sandecker say that Dirk is a security risk because he's read the manuscript?
(a) Because the Russians attacked the sub in international waters and want to cover it up.
(b) Because foreign governments want to find the missing sub.
(c) Because the Navy wants to cover up the submarine Captain's errors.
(d) Because Japan will want to cover up their involvement with the missing submarine.
3. Who is Dirk initially talking to in the bar at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel?
(a) Lieutenant Summer Moran.
(b) Captain Orl Cinana.
(c) Lieutenant Commander Paul Boland.
(d) Commander Burdette Denver.
4. What is "one of the finest undercover salvage operations in the world?"
(a) NUMA, ADM Sandecker's command.
(b) The Russian Special Undersea Operators Progam.
(c) The Special Projects division of NUMA, Dirk Pitt's command.
(d) The 101st Salvage Fleet, ADM Hunter's command.
5. What is Dirk's military rank?
(c) Lieutenant Colonel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the manuscript turn out to be?
2. What does George Papaaloa ask Dirk about progress on that that Dirk had recently been diving to find?
3. Why is one reason the Navy doesn't consider the Starbuck's commanding officer's last statement of position to be credible?
4. How does Admiral Hunter know that Dirk has never served on a submarine?
5. How does the Starbuck hit the seafloor?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)