|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dirk argue that the Martha Ann's bevy of detection equipment may not keep her safe come nightfall?
(a) The fog that supposedly comes up at night may blind the sensors.
(b) Any electrical malfunction will leave her defenseless.
(c) Her sensors are blind in the dark.
(d) She has no defenses, the sailors carry no more than sidearms.
2. How does LCDR Boland mark the position of the submarine in case they are forced to abandon the site?
(a) A floating flag buoy.
(b) A dye marker.
(c) An anchored liferaft.
(d) An electronic waterproof signal transmitter.
3. What is the first year of record for missing ships in the Pacific Vortex?
4. Who are the two men waiting for Dirk in the torpedo room as he tries to escape the submarine with SN Farris?
(a) Crewmembers from the Martha Ann.
(b) Boland and Denver.
(d) CDR Dupree and another of the Starbuck's crew.
5. How many ships have gone missing where the Starbuck is last reported?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many distress signals have been received from ships that have gone down where the Starbuck is last reported?
2. What military decoration does Dirk specifically mention having NOT earned?
3. What is Dirk's new assignment now that he has read the submarine log and reported it?
4. Who is the narrator of Chapter 2?
5. Why does ADM Sandecker say that Dirk is a security risk because he's read the manuscript?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)