|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does George Papaaloa describe the last researcher of the sunken island legend?
(a) About 6 feet tall, green eyes, black hair.
(b) As a god.
(c) A midget with red hair.
(d) A giant with golden eyes.
2. What is the plan for the plane the rescue team flies out to the Pacific Vortex?
(a) Ditch it in the water such that the crew manages to survive and the plane still floats.
(b) Al will drop the team and then fly in circles around the site until the pick-up signal is given.
(c) The team will skydive from it into the drop zone and let the plane crash wherever it lands.
(d) The plane is a red-herring to make Delphi think they arrived that way. The real underwater rescue team is arriving by submarine.
3. Why does Dirk stop to talk to George Papaaloa?
(a) To find out what he knows about Summer.
(b) To find out what he knows about the Pacific Vortex.
(c) To learn more about Pacific Islands.
(d) To shake off the person tailing him.
4. What happens to the driver of the gray Dodge van that tries to run Dirk off the road?
(a) He falls over a sea cliff and is dashed against the rocks.
(b) He is killed in the crash that totals the van.
(c) He is impaled on a telephone pole spike.
(d) He scrambles free of the falling van and runs from the scene.
5. What does Dirk start carrying before when he realizes the danger he has put himself in before reporting to Admiral Hunter?
(a) His military identification.
(b) A gun.
(c) A false set of credentials.
(d) A diver's knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dirk's gun do him no good in the shootout with the gray Dodge van that tails him after he leaves the museum?
2. Who is "Big Daddy?"
3. What happens to the radio communications between Big Daddy and the Kid?
4. What is the rescue schedule for the Starbuck when Dirk, Al and the Navy team return to the Pacifc Vortex?
5. How does Dirk send a message back to the Martha Ann from the Starbuck?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)