|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is diving on a wrecked submarine different from a wrecked ship for Dirk?
(a) Because he feels like he knows this crew from reading the manuscript.
(b) Because the submarine doesn't appear to have been wrecked at all.
(c) Because he's diving with only one partner this time.
(d) Because ships are supposed to be on the surface of the water, whereas the sub is in its natural environment.
2. How is the Starbuck's reactor room different from previous nuclear submarines?
(a) It is combined with the engine room and moved to the forward area of the boat.
(b) It is ten times smaller but the reactors are twenty times more powerful.
(c) It is located aft instead of forward.
(d) It is lead shielded to protect the crew better.
3. Who is Al Giordino?
(a) ADM Sandecker's boss.
(b) The owner of a charter plane company on Hawaii.
(c) An adventurer for hire.
(d) The Assistant Special Projects Director at NUMA.
4. What is the rescue schedule for the Starbuck when Dirk, Al and the Navy team return to the Pacifc Vortex?
(a) 10 hours.
(b) Four and a half hours.
(c) 90 minutes.
(d) Two hours and 45 minutes.
5. What does George Papaaloa ask Dirk about progress on that that Dirk had recently been diving to find?
(b) The burial cave of King Kamehameha.
(c) The burial grounds of the Koolau tribe.
(d) Iolani Palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Barf the Magic Dragon?
2. What kind of car does Dirk drive?
3. Who is "Big Daddy?"
4. What is the correct phrasing to ask someone to repeat their message or to indicate you are repeating your message?
5. What does Dirk wear to report for his first day of duty with ADM Hunter?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)