|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dirk send a message back to the Martha Ann from the Starbuck?
(a) Via the Starbuck's own radio.
(b) He bangs out Morse code against the sub's hull.
(c) Via LT March's underwater walkie-talkie radio.
(d) He signs the message to the cameras he knows are watching them through the portholes.
2. How long has it been since someone researched the sunken island at George Papaaloa's museum?
(a) No one has ever asked for information about it from George.
(b) During the Vietnam War.
(c) Since right after World War Two.
(d) Two weeks ago.
3. What does Dirk wear to report for his first day of duty with ADM Hunter?
(a) Full military dress uniform.
(b) Jeans and a sport coat.
(c) Jeans and a Hawaiian shirt.
(d) A white suit with a pink shirt.
4. How does George Papaaloa describe the last researcher of the sunken island legend?
(a) A giant with golden eyes.
(b) A midget with red hair.
(c) As a god.
(d) About 6 feet tall, green eyes, black hair.
5. What kind of car does Dirk drive?
(a) An AC Cobra.
(b) A Ford Mustang.
(c) An antique Chevy pickup.
(d) A Volkswagen beetle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the driver of the gray Dodge van that tries to run Dirk off the road?
2. How is the Starbuck's reactor room different from previous nuclear submarines?
3. What are Boland's instructions upon hearing Dirk's message from the supposedly wrecked submarine?
4. Why is diving on a wrecked submarine different from a wrecked ship for Dirk?
5. What strikes Dirk as odd about the galley and lounge area of the Starbuck on his initial recon mission with LT March?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)