1. Where is Dirk at the opening of the book?
(a) On a volcano called Mount Kaena, HI.
(b) On a beach called Kaena Point, HI.
(c) Canea Bay, Phillippines.
(d) At Kaena Cove, Japan.
2. What is Dirk doing at the opening of the book?
(a) Riding his bike.
(d) Visiting with friends.
3. What color are Dirk's eyes?
4. What does Dirk find in the water when he swims out beyond the breakers at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) A red life jacket attached to a piece of a Naval uniform.
(b) A yellow waterproof book with the name of an Admiral on it.
(c) A yellow scuba tank marked Russian Navy.
(d) A canister encased in yellow plastic marked US Navy.
5. What is dangerous about Dirk's swim out to the object in the water?
(a) 15 foot waves.
(b) Coral reefs and kelp.
(c) Riptides and sharks.
(d) Dirk doesn't swim very well.
This section contains 6,505 words
(approx. 22 pages at 300 words per page)