1. Where is Dirk at the opening of the book?
(a) At Kaena Cove, Japan.
(b) On a beach called Kaena Point, HI.
(c) On a volcano called Mount Kaena, HI.
(d) Canea Bay, Phillippines.
2. What is Dirk doing at the opening of the book?
(a) Visiting with friends.
(c) Riding his bike.
3. What color are Dirk's eyes?
4. What does Dirk find in the water when he swims out beyond the breakers at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) A yellow scuba tank marked Russian Navy.
(b) A canister encased in yellow plastic marked US Navy.
(c) A yellow waterproof book with the name of an Admiral on it.
(d) A red life jacket attached to a piece of a Naval uniform.
5. What is dangerous about Dirk's swim out to the object in the water?
(a) Coral reefs and kelp.
(b) 15 foot waves.
(c) Dirk doesn't swim very well.
(d) Riptides and sharks.
This section contains 6,350 words
(approx. 22 pages at 300 words per page)