Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 7, what do mill workers want in regards to their union?
2. According to Mikie, what could threaten Dobie's job?
3. At the beginning of Part 4, Chapter 11, what is happening to union membership?
4. Why are people standing around Dobie and Julie's house when they arrive home after shopping?
5. Why does George collect accident compensation?
In your opinion, could "Out of This Furnace" be described as a typical story of all immigrants to America? Why or why not? You may use reference materials for support.
George lies to his sister Francka about being robbed. Explore why George would find it necessary to lie to Francka. Give at least two other instances from the story where George does not trust family members with the truth.
Mary Kracha is the second generation "immigrant". She marries Mike Dobrecak. Compare/contrast Mary's husband, Mike, and her father, George.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)