|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dobie go after leaving Detroit?
2. What does Julie tell Dobie after George's funeral?
3. What does Mike expect to happen after he votes?
4. According to Mikie, what could threaten Dobie's job?
5. What company is Dobie's first employer in Detroit?
Essay Topic 1
What specific benefits are realized by each succeeding generation, beginning with George's journey to America?
Essay Topic 2
Each generation of "immigrant" has his/her own "furnace" to escape. Compare/contrast the furnaces of George, Mary, and Dobie. Just as a furnace forges steel, hard work and effort can forge a better person. Did each generation's "immigrant" become a better person after his/her life experiences in America? Explain in detail.
Essay Topic 3
After Mike's death, Mary is left with four small children. Explore decisions which Mary must make to survive with her children. Does Mary make good decisions? Give details for support.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)