Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 7, what do mill workers want in regards to their union?
2. According to Mikie, what could threaten Dobie's job?
3. At the beginning of Part 4, Chapter 11, what is happening to union membership?
4. Why are people standing around Dobie and Julie's house when they arrive home after shopping?
5. Why does George collect accident compensation?
Essay Topic 1
George lies to his sister Francka about being robbed. Explore why George would find it necessary to lie to Francka. Give at least two other instances from the story where George does not trust family members with the truth.
Essay Topic 2
Dobie represents the third generation immigrant. Describe Dobie's childhood after his father's death. What characteristics are "forged" in Dobie from his childhood experiences that will hold him in good stead as a man?
Essay Topic 3
After Mike's death, Mary is left with four small children. Explore decisions which Mary must make to survive with her children. Does Mary make good decisions? Give details for support.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)