|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political party does Mike's candidate represent?
2. Why does George collect accident compensation?
(a) George breaks his leg.
(b) George fractures his arm.
(c) George is run over by a car.
(d) George has a car accident.
3. What are Mike and Mary missing at the end of Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) The mill paycheck.
(b) Their friends in Braddock.
(c) Their families.
(d) The money from the boarding business.
4. What does the steel mill remind workers of on election day?
(a) Who controls the number of work hours.
(b) Who owns the houses where the workers live.
(c) Who runs the town's economy.
(d) Where the workers get their wages from.
5. How long does Dobie work in Detroit?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is provided to the workers by the steel mill on election day?
2. What does Mary do within one month of Mike's death?
3. What happens to George that awakens Dobie and Julie in the middle of the night?
4. Who watches Mary's children when Mary goes out to work?
5. Who objects to Dobie's time being spent on a legitimate union?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)