|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dobie against company unions?
(a) He thinks that they are only political machines.
(b) He feels that they prevent legitimate worker representation.
(c) He is against their violent tactics.
(d) He is not allowed to vote in their union elections.
2. How does George's death affect Dobie and Julie's financial situation?
(a) They will inherit George's real estate.
(b) They can save more money.
(c) They will miss his pension.
(d) It won't be affected.
3. What makes Mike and Mary happy about their boarding business decision?
(a) They are making more money.
(b) They are happy to be alone.
(c) Mary does not have to do all the work.
(d) They have to deal with only four boarders.
4. Who receives insurance money from Mary's death?
(b) Dobie and Anna.
(c) Dobie and Mikie.
(d) Dobie and Agnes.
5. Who forms the Committee for Industrial Organization?
(a) John Hagerty.
(c) John I. Lewis.
(d) Harry F. Burke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests that Mary should take in boarders to earn money?
2. What political party does Mike's candidate represent?
3. Who does Dobie pick up at the train station for George's funeral?
4. What company is Dobie's first employer in Detroit?
5. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 11, who does Mike plan on meeting later for a drink?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)