|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tighe?
(a) A mill worker.
(b) A union leader.
(c) A local politician.
(d) A company man.
2. What is provided to the workers by the steel mill on election day?
(a) Sample ballots.
(b) Campaign handouts.
(c) Free lunches.
(d) Time off to vote.
3. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6, who gives Mary lessons about running a boarding house?
4. Why is Agnes unsure of receiving her inheritance from Mary?
(a) The local bank is liquidating.
(b) Dobie is contesting Mary's will.
(c) New laws prevent the money from being disbursed.
(d) The money is in an irrevocable trust.
5. Who dies at the end of Part 3, Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. With how many children has Mike left Mary?
2. In Part 4, Chapter 7, what do mill workers want in regards to their union?
3. Who is Agnes?
4. What does the steel mill remind workers of on election day?
5. What event is causing economic conditions to worsen in the factories and mills?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)