|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Superintendent of the mill?
2. With how many children has Mike left Mary?
3. Who visits Mary and Mike in the spring?
(a) Paul Caudle.
(c) Joe Perovsky.
4. Why does George collect accident compensation?
(a) George fractures his arm.
(b) George has a car accident.
(c) George is run over by a car.
(d) George breaks his leg.
5. For what party does Mike vote in the election?
6. What is the purpose of the C.I.O.?
(a) Finances union activities.
(b) Organizes strikes for workers.
(c) Mediates with company executives.
(d) Organized industrial unions.
7. Who joins George on his visit to Dorta's?
(a) Dobie and Julie.
8. As Part 4, Chapter 1 begins, what character is now known as Dobie?
9. Where does Dobie go after leaving Detroit?
(a) Grand Rapids.
(b) New York.
10. Why is Dobie against company unions?
(a) He thinks that they are only political machines.
(b) He is not allowed to vote in their union elections.
(c) He feels that they prevent legitimate worker representation.
(d) He is against their violent tactics.
11. Why is Agnes unsure of receiving her inheritance from Mary?
(a) The local bank is liquidating.
(b) New laws prevent the money from being disbursed.
(c) Dobie is contesting Mary's will.
(d) The money is in an irrevocable trust.
12. Who is in the meeting with management for Dobie's mill?
13. What is the steel mill indicating to workers during mid-term elections?
(a) How workers should vote.
(b) That unions won't be tolerated.
(c) Workers should not vote.
(d) Workers should vote union.
14. Who receives insurance money from Mary's death?
(a) Dobie and Mikie.
(c) Dobie and Agnes.
(d) Dobie and Anna.
15. Who has the union groups' charters revoked?
(a) A. F. I.
(b) Amalgamated Steel Company.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Mary in this section?
2. What purchase puts Dobie and Julie back in debt?
3. Who suggests that Mary should remarry soon?
4. Who does Dobie pick up at the train station for George's funeral?
5. Who breaks the news to Mary about Mike's death?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)