|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Part 4, Chapter 1 begins, what character is now known as Dobie?
2. How long does Dobie work in Detroit?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
3. How many boarders live with Mike and Mary?
4. What happens to Mike after the election?
(a) He is beaten up by a co-worker.
(b) His is scheduled full time at the mill.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He receives his usual pay.
5. Who joins George on his visit to Dorta's?
(b) Dobie and Julie.
6. How much money does Mary receive from the accident compensation plan?
(a) One thousand dollars.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) Three hundred dollars.
(d) Thirteen hundred dollars.
7. What company is Dobie's first employer in Detroit?
(b) U.S. Steel.
(c) Ford Motor.
(d) The Chrysler Plant.
8. Who receives insurance money from Mary's death?
(a) Dobie and Mikie.
(c) Dobie and Anna.
(d) Dobie and Agnes.
9. Why are some of the company's workers fired during the election year?
(a) The workers won't follow the company's voting directives.
(b) The workers vote to go non-union.
(c) The workers strike.
(d) The workers try to organize a union.
10. What are Mike and Mary missing at the end of Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) Their families.
(b) The mill paycheck.
(c) The money from the boarding business.
(d) Their friends in Braddock.
11. Where does Dobie go after leaving Detroit?
(a) New York.
(d) Grand Rapids.
12. Who gets a job selling papers two years after Mike's death?
13. Who breaks the news to Mary about Mike's death?
14. Why is Agnes unsure of receiving her inheritance from Mary?
(a) The local bank is liquidating.
(b) The money is in an irrevocable trust.
(c) Dobie is contesting Mary's will.
(d) New laws prevent the money from being disbursed.
15. Why is Dobie against company unions?
(a) He is against their violent tactics.
(b) He feels that they prevent legitimate worker representation.
(c) He is not allowed to vote in their union elections.
(d) He thinks that they are only political machines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are people standing around Dobie and Julie's house when they arrive home after shopping?
2. Who forms the Committee for Industrial Organization?
3. Which candidate is Mike's choice in the election?
4. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6, who gives Mary lessons about running a boarding house?
5. For what party does Mike vote in the election?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)