|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Agnes unsure of receiving her inheritance from Mary?
(a) The local bank is liquidating.
(b) Dobie is contesting Mary's will.
(c) The money is in an irrevocable trust.
(d) New laws prevent the money from being disbursed.
2. Who is Agnes?
(a) Mike's co-worker.
(b) Mike and Mary's daughter.
(c) Mary's best friend.
(d) A boarder.
3. Who does management finally agree to meet with after the rank-and-file workers are ignored?
(a) Workers selected by management.
(b) Wage and hour administrators.
(c) Bargaining units.
(d) Senate committees.
4. What is provided to the workers by the steel mill on election day?
(a) Time off to vote.
(b) Free lunches.
(c) Campaign handouts.
(d) Sample ballots.
5. Who owns the hotel where Dobie lives?
(a) Francka and Joseph.
(c) Joe Petrovsky.
(d) Anna and her husband.
6. Who takes family pictures before Mikie leaves to catch a train back to New York?
7. As Part 4, Chapter 1 begins, what character is now known as Dobie?
8. What happens to Mike after the election?
(a) He is fired.
(b) He receives his usual pay.
(c) His is scheduled full time at the mill.
(d) He is beaten up by a co-worker.
9. Who forms the Committee for Industrial Organization?
(b) Harry F. Burke.
(c) John I. Lewis.
(d) John Hagerty.
10. With how many children has Mike left Mary?
11. Who gets a job selling papers two years after Mike's death?
12. What are Mike and Mary missing at the end of Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) The money from the boarding business.
(b) The mill paycheck.
(c) Their friends in Braddock.
(d) Their families.
13. According to Mikie, what could threaten Dobie's job?
(b) World War II.
14. Why are some of the company's workers fired during the election year?
(a) The workers vote to go non-union.
(b) The workers won't follow the company's voting directives.
(c) The workers strike.
(d) The workers try to organize a union.
15. What company is Dobie's first employer in Detroit?
(b) U.S. Steel.
(c) Ford Motor.
(d) The Chrysler Plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in the meeting with management for Dobie's mill?
2. For what party does Mike vote in the election?
3. Who is Tighe?
4. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1, what year is it?
5. What household item would Julie like to purchase next?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)