|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are some of the company's workers fired during the election year?
(a) The workers vote to go non-union.
(b) The workers strike.
(c) The workers try to organize a union.
(d) The workers won't follow the company's voting directives.
2. Who is George buried next to?
3. Who is Mary baking a birthday cake for in Part 1, Chapter 5?
4. How does George's death affect Dobie and Julie's financial situation?
(a) They can save more money.
(b) They will miss his pension.
(c) It won't be affected.
(d) They will inherit George's real estate.
5. Who receives insurance money from Mary's death?
(b) Dobie and Agnes.
(c) Dobie and Anna.
(d) Dobie and Mikie.
6. Who dies at the end of Part 3, Chapter 6?
7. What is provided to the workers by the steel mill on election day?
(a) Time off to vote.
(b) Free lunches.
(c) Sample ballots.
(d) Campaign handouts.
8. Who does management finally agree to meet with after the rank-and-file workers are ignored?
(a) Bargaining units.
(b) Workers selected by management.
(c) Wage and hour administrators.
(d) Senate committees.
9. Who is Agnes?
(a) A boarder.
(b) Mike and Mary's daughter.
(c) Mike's co-worker.
(d) Mary's best friend.
10. Who is in the meeting with management for Dobie's mill?
11. Who gets a job selling papers two years after Mike's death?
12. In what state are Mike and Mary's finances at the end of Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) They are able to invest in other property.
(b) They are using their savings.
(c) They are able to buy stock.
(d) They are able to save money every week.
13. What does the steel mill remind workers of on election day?
(a) Who owns the houses where the workers live.
(b) Who runs the town's economy.
(c) Where the workers get their wages from.
(d) Who controls the number of work hours.
14. What company is Dobie's first employer in Detroit?
(a) The Chrysler Plant.
(b) Ford Motor.
(c) U.S. Steel.
15. What purchase puts Dobie and Julie back in debt?
(a) A washing machine.
(b) A television.
(c) A sewing machine.
(d) A refrigerator.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Mary receive from the accident compensation plan?
2. At the beginning of Part 4, Chapter 11, what is happening to union membership?
3. What happens to Mike after the election?
4. Who forms the Committee for Industrial Organization?
5. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 11, who does Mike plan on meeting later for a drink?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)