|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julie tell Dobie after George's funeral?
(a) She wants to move to New York.
(b) She needs to visit her sister.
(c) She needs to get a job.
(d) She is pregnant.
2. Who does Dobie pick up at the train station for George's funeral?
3. What is the steel mill indicating to workers during mid-term elections?
(a) Workers should not vote.
(b) Workers should vote union.
(c) How workers should vote.
(d) That unions won't be tolerated.
4. How much money does Mary receive from the accident compensation plan?
(a) Thirteen hundred dollars.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) Three hundred dollars.
5. As Part 4, Chapter 1 begins, what character is now known as Dobie?
6. Who joins George on his visit to Dorta's?
(c) Dobie and Julie.
7. Why are some of the company's workers fired during the election year?
(a) The workers vote to go non-union.
(b) The workers won't follow the company's voting directives.
(c) The workers try to organize a union.
(d) The workers strike.
8. Why does George collect accident compensation?
(a) George has a car accident.
(b) George fractures his arm.
(c) George breaks his leg.
(d) George is run over by a car.
9. What is the purpose of the C.I.O.?
(a) Organizes strikes for workers.
(b) Organized industrial unions.
(c) Mediates with company executives.
(d) Finances union activities.
10. How many boarders live with Mike and Mary?
11. Who is George buried next to?
12. What do some of the men do when they lose their jobs?
(a) They unite and protest in the streets.
(b) They beg in the streets.
(c) They join the military.
(d) They move their families to another town.
13. What does Mike expect to happen after he votes?
(a) Mike expects to be ridiculed by his co-workers.
(b) Mike expects to be treated better by the mill.
(c) Mike expects to get more work hours from the mill.
(d) Mike expects to be fired.
14. Who is Mary baking a birthday cake for in Part 1, Chapter 5?
15. What happens to Mike after the election?
(a) He is fired.
(b) He receives his usual pay.
(c) He is beaten up by a co-worker.
(d) His is scheduled full time at the mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What company is Dobie's first employer in Detroit?
2. What does Mary do within one month of Mike's death?
3. Who visits Mary and Mike in the spring?
4. How old is Mary in this section?
5. Which candidate is Mike's choice in the election?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)