|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6, who gives Mary lessons about running a boarding house?
2. How old is Mary in this section?
3. What plan does Mary have to help with finances?
(a) For Mike to find a full time job.
(b) To look for a job herself.
(c) To move to a larger house and take in boarders.
(d) To take out a loan at the bank.
4. How long does Dobie work in Detroit?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two years.
5. According to Dobie, which item needs to be purchased next?
(a) A stove.
(b) A refrigerator.
(c) A television.
(d) A washing machine.
6. Who owns the hotel where Dobie lives?
(a) Francka and Joseph.
(b) Joe Petrovsky.
(c) Anna and her husband.
7. Who watches Mary's children when Mary goes out to work?
8. What company is Dobie's first employer in Detroit?
(a) Ford Motor.
(b) The Chrysler Plant.
(c) U.S. Steel.
9. Who suggests that Mary should remarry soon?
10. What does the steel mill remind workers of on election day?
(a) Where the workers get their wages from.
(b) Who controls the number of work hours.
(c) Who runs the town's economy.
(d) Who owns the houses where the workers live.
11. What do some of the men do when they lose their jobs?
(a) They move their families to another town.
(b) They join the military.
(c) They unite and protest in the streets.
(d) They beg in the streets.
12. How many boarders live with Mike and Mary?
13. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1, what year is it?
14. Who is diagnosed with consumption?
(c) Mary and Pauline.
15. What happens to George that awakens Dobie and Julie in the middle of the night?
(a) George is sleepwalking.
(b) George wanders away from the house.
(c) George has another stroke.
(d) George suffers a heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies at the end of Part 3, Chapter 6?
2. For what party does Mike vote in the election?
3. In Part 4, Chapter 7, what do mill workers want in regards to their union?
4. How much money does Mary receive from the accident compensation plan?
5. Who does management finally agree to meet with after the rank-and-file workers are ignored?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)