|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mikie, what could threaten Dobie's job?
(b) World War II.
2. What household item would Julie like to purchase next?
(a) A washing machine.
(b) A refrigerator.
(c) A sewing machine.
(d) A stove.
3. Who is Tighe?
(a) A company man.
(b) A mill worker.
(c) A local politician.
(d) A union leader.
4. Who gets a job selling papers two years after Mike's death?
5. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6, who gives Mary lessons about running a boarding house?
6. Who forms the Committee for Industrial Organization?
(b) John I. Lewis.
(c) John Hagerty.
(d) Harry F. Burke.
7. With how many children has Mike left Mary?
8. What is Dobie discussing with a man named Stever from Uniontown?
(a) The economy.
(b) The worker unions.
(c) The company unions.
9. What plan does Mary have to help with finances?
(a) To take out a loan at the bank.
(b) To look for a job herself.
(c) To move to a larger house and take in boarders.
(d) For Mike to find a full time job.
10. Where does Dobie go after leaving Detroit?
(b) Grand Rapids.
(c) New York.
11. In what state are Mike and Mary's finances at the end of Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) They are able to save money every week.
(b) They are using their savings.
(c) They are able to buy stock.
(d) They are able to invest in other property.
12. Why is Agnes unsure of receiving her inheritance from Mary?
(a) The money is in an irrevocable trust.
(b) New laws prevent the money from being disbursed.
(c) Dobie is contesting Mary's will.
(d) The local bank is liquidating.
13. Who is George buried next to?
14. What is provided to the workers by the steel mill on election day?
(a) Time off to vote.
(b) Sample ballots.
(c) Campaign handouts.
(d) Free lunches.
15. Who is the Superintendent of the mill?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dobie pick up at the train station for George's funeral?
2. How does Dobie support himself during the layoffs?
3. What political party does Mike's candidate represent?
4. What does Julie tell Dobie after George's funeral?
5. What incident in Pittsburgh upsets Dobie?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)