|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Mary receive from the accident compensation plan?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) Thirteen hundred dollars.
(c) Three hundred dollars.
(d) One thousand dollars.
2. What do Mike and Mary decide about their boarding business?
(a) To raise the rent.
(b) To make no changes.
(c) To take in more boarders.
(d) To end the business.
3. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1, what year is it?
4. Who does management finally agree to meet with after the rank-and-file workers are ignored?
(a) Wage and hour administrators.
(b) Workers selected by management.
(c) Senate committees.
(d) Bargaining units.
5. What makes Mike and Mary happy about their boarding business decision?
(a) Mary does not have to do all the work.
(b) They have to deal with only four boarders.
(c) They are making more money.
(d) They are happy to be alone.
6. Who is Mary baking a birthday cake for in Part 1, Chapter 5?
7. Who gets a job selling papers two years after Mike's death?
8. At the beginning of Part 4, Chapter 11, what is happening to union membership?
(a) Union membership is neither increasing or decreasing.
(b) Union membership is abolished.
(c) Union membership is decreasing.
(d) Union membership is increasing.
9. Who joins George on his visit to Dorta's?
(d) Dobie and Julie.
10. What does Mike expect to happen after he votes?
(a) Mike expects to be treated better by the mill.
(b) Mike expects to get more work hours from the mill.
(c) Mike expects to be fired.
(d) Mike expects to be ridiculed by his co-workers.
11. At the end of Part 2, Chapter 10, where are Mike and Mary living?
(a) In Washington.
(b) In New York.
(c) In Braddock.
(d) In White Haven.
12. Who takes family pictures before Mikie leaves to catch a train back to New York?
13. For what party does Mike vote in the election?
14. In what state are Mike and Mary's finances at the end of Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) They are able to buy stock.
(b) They are able to invest in other property.
(c) They are able to save money every week.
(d) They are using their savings.
15. Why is Agnes unsure of receiving her inheritance from Mary?
(a) Dobie is contesting Mary's will.
(b) The local bank is liquidating.
(c) The money is in an irrevocable trust.
(d) New laws prevent the money from being disbursed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 7, what do mill workers want in regards to their union?
2. What position is Dobie elected to in the new union?
3. According to Dobie, which item needs to be purchased next?
4. What is the purpose of the C.I.O.?
5. What incident in Pittsburgh upsets Dobie?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)