|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who breaks the news to Mary about Mike's death?
2. Who takes family pictures before Mikie leaves to catch a train back to New York?
3. How many boarders live with Mike and Mary?
4. Why does George collect accident compensation?
(a) George fractures his arm.
(b) George is run over by a car.
(c) George has a car accident.
(d) George breaks his leg.
5. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 11, who does Mike plan on meeting later for a drink?
6. Who is the Superintendent of the mill?
7. Who suggests that Mary should remarry soon?
8. What do some of the men do when they lose their jobs?
(a) They move their families to another town.
(b) They unite and protest in the streets.
(c) They beg in the streets.
(d) They join the military.
9. What event is causing economic conditions to worsen in the factories and mills?
(b) The Great Depression.
(c) The Spoils System.
(d) Fallout from World War I.
10. Who has the union groups' charters revoked?
(b) Amalgamated Steel Company.
(c) A. F. I.
11. What incident in Pittsburgh upsets Dobie?
(a) Striking lodges are expelled from the union.
(b) Striking lodges are labeled as Socialistic.
(c) Members of a striking lodge are arrested for disturbing the peace.
(d) Members' names of striking lodges are blacklisted.
12. Who objects to Dobie's time being spent on a legitimate union?
13. What does Mary do within one month of Mike's death?
(a) She moves to two rooms.
(b) She finds a job.
(c) She takes in a boarder.
(d) She moves in with her father.
14. What happens to George that awakens Dobie and Julie in the middle of the night?
(a) George wanders away from the house.
(b) George is sleepwalking.
(c) George has another stroke.
(d) George suffers a heart attack.
15. Which candidate is Mike's choice in the election?
(a) Harvey Drummond.
(b) Harry Bodnar.
(c) Andrew Carnegie.
(d) Eugene Debs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When George comes to live with Mary in Munhall Hollow, how much rent does he pay?
2. Who receives insurance money from Mary's death?
3. Who is Mary baking a birthday cake for in Part 1, Chapter 5?
4. What is the purpose of the C.I.O.?
5. Who is George buried next to?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)