|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dobie go after leaving Detroit?
(a) New York.
(d) Grand Rapids.
2. What company is Dobie's first employer in Detroit?
(a) U.S. Steel.
(c) Ford Motor.
(d) The Chrysler Plant.
3. Who suggests that Mary should take in boarders to earn money?
4. What event is causing economic conditions to worsen in the factories and mills?
(a) Fallout from World War I.
(b) The Great Depression.
(c) The Spoils System.
5. According to Dobie, which item needs to be purchased next?
(a) A stove.
(b) A refrigerator.
(c) A washing machine.
(d) A television.
6. Who objects to Dobie's time being spent on a legitimate union?
7. What does the steel mill remind workers of on election day?
(a) Who controls the number of work hours.
(b) Who owns the houses where the workers live.
(c) Where the workers get their wages from.
(d) Who runs the town's economy.
8. Who watches Mary's children when Mary goes out to work?
9. How does Dobie learn that there will be no steel mill strike?
(a) By a call from Flack.
(b) By a radio broadcast.
(c) By the newspaper.
(d) From his neighbor.
10. How much money does Mary receive from the accident compensation plan?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) Thirteen hundred dollars.
(c) Three hundred dollars.
(d) One thousand dollars.
11. What are Mike and Mary missing at the end of Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) The money from the boarding business.
(b) The mill paycheck.
(c) Their families.
(d) Their friends in Braddock.
12. Why does George collect accident compensation?
(a) George is run over by a car.
(b) George fractures his arm.
(c) George has a car accident.
(d) George breaks his leg.
13. What plan does Mary have to help with finances?
(a) To look for a job herself.
(b) To move to a larger house and take in boarders.
(c) For Mike to find a full time job.
(d) To take out a loan at the bank.
14. What position is Dobie elected to in the new union?
(b) Committee member.
15. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1, what year is it?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is George buried next to?
2. What is the purpose of the C.I.O.?
3. What makes Mike and Mary happy about their boarding business decision?
4. Who joins George on his visit to Dorta's?
5. Who forms the Committee for Industrial Organization?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)