|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political party does Mike's candidate represent?
2. What incident in Pittsburgh upsets Dobie?
(a) Striking lodges are labeled as Socialistic.
(b) Members of a striking lodge are arrested for disturbing the peace.
(c) Striking lodges are expelled from the union.
(d) Members' names of striking lodges are blacklisted.
3. How does George's death affect Dobie and Julie's financial situation?
(a) They can save more money.
(b) They will miss his pension.
(c) They will inherit George's real estate.
(d) It won't be affected.
4. What does the steel mill remind workers of on election day?
(a) Who controls the number of work hours.
(b) Where the workers get their wages from.
(c) Who runs the town's economy.
(d) Who owns the houses where the workers live.
5. In Part 4, Chapter 7, what do mill workers want in regards to their union?
(a) Higher pay.
(b) Lower fees.
(c) Union recognition.
(d) Shorter work hours.
6. According to Mikie, what could threaten Dobie's job?
(a) World War II.
7. Who has the union groups' charters revoked?
(b) Amalgamated Steel Company.
(d) A. F. I.
8. Who joins George on his visit to Dorta's?
(b) Dobie and Julie.
9. Who owns the hotel where Dobie lives?
(a) Anna and her husband.
(b) Francka and Joseph.
(c) Joe Petrovsky.
10. How much money does Mary receive from the accident compensation plan?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) Thirteen hundred dollars.
(c) Three hundred dollars.
(d) One thousand dollars.
11. What purchase puts Dobie and Julie back in debt?
(a) A refrigerator.
(b) A washing machine.
(c) A television.
(d) A sewing machine.
12. Who is in the meeting with management for Dobie's mill?
13. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 11, who does Mike plan on meeting later for a drink?
14. Who suggests that Mary should remarry soon?
15. Why is Agnes unsure of receiving her inheritance from Mary?
(a) The money is in an irrevocable trust.
(b) The local bank is liquidating.
(c) New laws prevent the money from being disbursed.
(d) Dobie is contesting Mary's will.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who objects to Dobie's time being spent on a legitimate union?
2. How does Dobie support himself during the layoffs?
3. When George comes to live with Mary in Munhall Hollow, how much rent does he pay?
4. What event is causing economic conditions to worsen in the factories and mills?
5. Who does management finally agree to meet with after the rank-and-file workers are ignored?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)