|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary do within one month of Mike's death?
(a) She moves to two rooms.
(b) She moves in with her father.
(c) She finds a job.
(d) She takes in a boarder.
2. What happens to George that awakens Dobie and Julie in the middle of the night?
(a) George suffers a heart attack.
(b) George wanders away from the house.
(c) George has another stroke.
(d) George is sleepwalking.
3. Who is the Superintendent of the mill?
4. What plan does Mary have to help with finances?
(a) For Mike to find a full time job.
(b) To look for a job herself.
(c) To move to a larger house and take in boarders.
(d) To take out a loan at the bank.
5. With how many children has Mike left Mary?
6. What are Mike and Mary missing at the end of Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) The mill paycheck.
(b) Their friends in Braddock.
(c) The money from the boarding business.
(d) Their families.
7. What happens to Mike after the election?
(a) His is scheduled full time at the mill.
(b) He is beaten up by a co-worker.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He receives his usual pay.
8. Who is diagnosed with consumption?
(d) Mary and Pauline.
9. Who suggests that Mary should take in boarders to earn money?
10. Who owns the hotel where Dobie lives?
(a) Anna and her husband.
(b) Joe Petrovsky.
(c) Francka and Joseph.
11. Who watches Mary's children when Mary goes out to work?
12. Who forms the Committee for Industrial Organization?
(a) John Hagerty.
(c) Harry F. Burke.
(d) John I. Lewis.
13. What is provided to the workers by the steel mill on election day?
(a) Campaign handouts.
(b) Time off to vote.
(c) Free lunches.
(d) Sample ballots.
14. What political party does Mike's candidate represent?
15. Who joins George on his visit to Dorta's?
(b) Dobie and Julie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie tell Dobie after George's funeral?
2. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1, what year is it?
3. How old is Mary in this section?
4. What do Mike and Mary decide about their boarding business?
5. At the beginning of Part 4, Chapter 11, what is happening to union membership?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)