|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that Mary should take in boarders to earn money?
2. What does Mary do within one month of Mike's death?
(a) She finds a job.
(b) She moves to two rooms.
(c) She moves in with her father.
(d) She takes in a boarder.
3. What does the steel mill remind workers of on election day?
(a) Where the workers get their wages from.
(b) Who runs the town's economy.
(c) Who controls the number of work hours.
(d) Who owns the houses where the workers live.
4. What is the steel mill indicating to workers during mid-term elections?
(a) Workers should not vote.
(b) Workers should vote union.
(c) How workers should vote.
(d) That unions won't be tolerated.
5. What political party does Mike's candidate represent?
6. Who breaks the news to Mary about Mike's death?
7. Who owns the hotel where Dobie lives?
(a) Francka and Joseph.
(b) Joe Petrovsky.
(c) Anna and her husband.
8. Which candidate is Mike's choice in the election?
(a) Eugene Debs.
(b) Harvey Drummond.
(c) Andrew Carnegie.
(d) Harry Bodnar.
9. What household item would Julie like to purchase next?
(a) A sewing machine.
(b) A stove.
(c) A washing machine.
(d) A refrigerator.
10. How long does Dobie work in Detroit?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
11. What makes Mike and Mary happy about their boarding business decision?
(a) They are happy to be alone.
(b) They have to deal with only four boarders.
(c) They are making more money.
(d) Mary does not have to do all the work.
12. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6, who gives Mary lessons about running a boarding house?
13. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 11, who does Mike plan on meeting later for a drink?
14. How does Dobie support himself during the layoffs?
(a) He sells newspapers.
(b) He gambles at the local speakeasy.
(c) He joins the Mafia.
(d) He does illegal utility hook-ups.
15. Who is George buried next to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tighe?
2. Who suggests that Mary should remarry soon?
3. How old is Mary in this section?
4. What are Mike and Mary missing at the end of Part 2, Chapter 10?
5. Who receives insurance money from Mary's death?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)