|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company is Dobie's first employer in Detroit?
(b) Ford Motor.
(c) The Chrysler Plant.
(d) U.S. Steel.
2. What is Dobie discussing with a man named Stever from Uniontown?
(b) The company unions.
(c) The economy.
(d) The worker unions.
3. According to Dobie, which item needs to be purchased next?
(a) A washing machine.
(b) A stove.
(c) A television.
(d) A refrigerator.
4. What position is Dobie elected to in the new union?
(d) Committee member.
5. What is provided to the workers by the steel mill on election day?
(a) Free lunches.
(b) Time off to vote.
(c) Campaign handouts.
(d) Sample ballots.
6. Who is George buried next to?
7. What does Mary do within one month of Mike's death?
(a) She moves to two rooms.
(b) She takes in a boarder.
(c) She finds a job.
(d) She moves in with her father.
8. What do Mike and Mary decide about their boarding business?
(a) To raise the rent.
(b) To make no changes.
(c) To end the business.
(d) To take in more boarders.
9. What does Mike expect to happen after he votes?
(a) Mike expects to be fired.
(b) Mike expects to get more work hours from the mill.
(c) Mike expects to be treated better by the mill.
(d) Mike expects to be ridiculed by his co-workers.
10. What makes Mike and Mary happy about their boarding business decision?
(a) They are making more money.
(b) Mary does not have to do all the work.
(c) They have to deal with only four boarders.
(d) They are happy to be alone.
11. Why does George collect accident compensation?
(a) George is run over by a car.
(b) George has a car accident.
(c) George breaks his leg.
(d) George fractures his arm.
12. Who objects to Dobie's time being spent on a legitimate union?
13. What happens to George that awakens Dobie and Julie in the middle of the night?
(a) George is sleepwalking.
(b) George wanders away from the house.
(c) George has another stroke.
(d) George suffers a heart attack.
14. When George comes to live with Mary in Munhall Hollow, how much rent does he pay?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) Thirty dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
15. Who has the union groups' charters revoked?
(b) A. F. I.
(c) Amalgamated Steel Company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins George on his visit to Dorta's?
2. Who gets a job selling papers two years after Mike's death?
3. Who is Agnes?
4. Who dies at the end of Part 3, Chapter 6?
5. Why are people standing around Dobie and Julie's house when they arrive home after shopping?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)