|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1, what year is it?
2. For what party does Mike vote in the election?
3. Who has the union groups' charters revoked?
(a) Amalgamated Steel Company.
(b) A. F. I.
4. Who takes family pictures before Mikie leaves to catch a train back to New York?
5. What is provided to the workers by the steel mill on election day?
(a) Free lunches.
(b) Sample ballots.
(c) Time off to vote.
(d) Campaign handouts.
6. According to Dobie, which item needs to be purchased next?
(a) A television.
(b) A refrigerator.
(c) A washing machine.
(d) A stove.
7. What is Dobie discussing with a man named Stever from Uniontown?
(a) The economy.
(b) The company unions.
(c) The worker unions.
8. Who owns the hotel where Dobie lives?
(a) Francka and Joseph.
(b) Anna and her husband.
(c) Joe Petrovsky.
9. Who is the Superintendent of the mill?
10. Which candidate is Mike's choice in the election?
(a) Harry Bodnar.
(b) Harvey Drummond.
(c) Andrew Carnegie.
(d) Eugene Debs.
11. Who receives insurance money from Mary's death?
(a) Dobie and Anna.
(c) Dobie and Mikie.
(d) Dobie and Agnes.
12. What position is Dobie elected to in the new union?
(c) Committee member.
13. What happens to Mike after the election?
(a) He receives his usual pay.
(b) His is scheduled full time at the mill.
(c) He is beaten up by a co-worker.
(d) He is fired.
14. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6, who gives Mary lessons about running a boarding house?
15. What does Julie tell Dobie after George's funeral?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She needs to get a job.
(c) She wants to move to New York.
(d) She needs to visit her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who objects to Dobie's time being spent on a legitimate union?
2. Who forms the Committee for Industrial Organization?
3. Who suggests that Mary should take in boarders to earn money?
4. How does George's death affect Dobie and Julie's financial situation?
5. What purchase puts Dobie and Julie back in debt?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)