|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Part 4, Chapter 1 begins, what character is now known as Dobie?
2. Who dies at the end of Part 3, Chapter 6?
3. Who does management finally agree to meet with after the rank-and-file workers are ignored?
(a) Senate committees.
(b) Bargaining units.
(c) Wage and hour administrators.
(d) Workers selected by management.
4. What do some of the men do when they lose their jobs?
(a) They move their families to another town.
(b) They join the military.
(c) They beg in the streets.
(d) They unite and protest in the streets.
5. In Part 4, Chapter 7, what do mill workers want in regards to their union?
(a) Lower fees.
(b) Union recognition.
(c) Higher pay.
(d) Shorter work hours.
6. Who visits Mary and Mike in the spring?
(b) Joe Perovsky.
(d) Paul Caudle.
7. Why are people standing around Dobie and Julie's house when they arrive home after shopping?
(a) George has collapsed.
(b) A union sign is in the front yard.
(c) Graffiti has been written on their house.
(d) George is drunk in the front yard.
8. Why does George collect accident compensation?
(a) George has a car accident.
(b) George is run over by a car.
(c) George fractures his arm.
(d) George breaks his leg.
9. What does Julie tell Dobie after George's funeral?
(a) She wants to move to New York.
(b) She needs to visit her sister.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She needs to get a job.
10. What purchase puts Dobie and Julie back in debt?
(a) A refrigerator.
(b) A washing machine.
(c) A television.
(d) A sewing machine.
11. Who is the Superintendent of the mill?
12. How does George's death affect Dobie and Julie's financial situation?
(a) It won't be affected.
(b) They will inherit George's real estate.
(c) They will miss his pension.
(d) They can save more money.
13. According to Mikie, what could threaten Dobie's job?
(b) World War II.
14. How many boarders live with Mike and Mary?
15. What political party does Mike's candidate represent?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is diagnosed with consumption?
2. What incident in Pittsburgh upsets Dobie?
3. What position is Dobie elected to in the new union?
4. What is Dobie discussing with a man named Stever from Uniontown?
5. Why are some of the company's workers fired during the election year?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)