|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who votes for the first time in Part 2, Chapter 5?
2. What is Zuska's occupation ?
(c) Mill worker.
3. Who visits George right after he is released from jail?
4. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 1, what year is it?
5. Who tells Zuska why George had to walk to New York after arriving in America?
6. What corporation is formed after the sale of the steel plants?
(a) U. S. Metals and Fittings.
(b) U. S. Foundry.
(c) U. S. Pipe and Fittings.
(d) U. S. Steel Corporation.
7. Who is John Joseph?
(a) Francka's son.
(b) Dorta's son.
(c) Borka's boarder.
(d) Mike's son.
8. According to the author, what is the birthright of a Slovak peasant?
(a) A paycheck and family.
(b) A job and house.
(c) Freedom to worship.
(d) Endless poverty and oppression.
9. Who is Borka?
(a) Elena's sister.
(b) Francka's mother.
(c) George's sister.
(d) Andrej's sister.
10. What does Andrej place in his foreman's pocket at the saloon?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Three dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Twenty dollars.
11. Who from George's past enters his shop one day?
12. What kind of business is George thinking about opening?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A brokerage.
(c) A construction company.
(d) A butcher shop.
13. Who is Mike's younger brother?
14. Who buys a house in Munhall Hollow?
15. How many children does Zuska have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What investment does George make with his spare cash?
2. Where does Dobrejcak work?
3. What effect is Zuska having on George after she reappears?
4. How does George help Zuska?
5. How many shifts are there for workers at the steel mills?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)