|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As soon as George receives his first pay, what does he do?
(a) He visits Dobrejcaik.
(b) He gets drunk.
(c) He visits Dubik.
(d) He quits his job.
2. Who surrenders after the trouble at the steel mills?
(c) Union workers.
(d) Pinkerton guards.
3. Who receives an apology from Elena?
4. How many shifts are there for workers at the steel mills?
5. Why does George have to walk from New York to Pennsylvania?
(a) He gives most of his money to a fellow immigrant.
(b) He spends most of his money on a party.
(c) He is robbed.
(d) He loses the money by gambling.
6. What corporation is formed after the sale of the steel plants?
(a) U. S. Metals and Fittings.
(b) U. S. Foundry.
(c) U. S. Steel Corporation.
(d) U. S. Pipe and Fittings.
7. Who is George Kracha?
(a) The first American immigrant to defect.
(b) A second generation immigrant who narrates the story.
(c) A first generation immigrant who comes to America.
(d) A third generation immigrant who comes to America.
8. Who marries Steve Radilla?
9. Who confronts George about Zuska?
10. According to Zuska's sister, who will Zuska probably marry?
(a) George's brother.
(d) A boarder.
11. Who is Djuro?
(a) George's friend.
(b) George's brother-in-law.
(c) George's boss.
(d) George's firstborn son.
12. What does Andrej place in his foreman's pocket at the saloon?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Three dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) One dollar.
13. From what country does George Kracha immigrate?
14. Who meets George and Elena at the train in Homestead?
(d) Francka and Andrej.
15. Who works in H furnace?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does George secure a mill job after the union is broken?
2. What investment does George make with his spare cash?
3. Who is John Joseph?
4. Who tells George to talk to local businessmen about selling his lots?
5. What produces pollution in Homestead?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)