|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Francka make a comment about after the funeral?
2. What produces pollution in Homestead?
(a) The steel mills.
(b) A stagnant river.
(c) The railroad.
3. Who marries Steve Radilla?
4. What does the new corporation not tolerate?
(a) Ethnic workers.
(c) Non-union workers.
(d) Ethnic violence.
5. On what day does Zuska get married?
6. Who does George leave behind in his homeland?
(a) Wife, two children.
(b) Wife, child, mother.
(c) Wife, sister, brother.
(d) Wife, sister, mother.
7. How long has Dobrejcak been in America?
(a) Eleven years.
(b) Five years.
(c) One year.
(d) Twenty years.
8. Why has George always been faithful to his wife?
(a) He fears he would be deported.
(b) He would lose customers in his business.
(c) He is deeply religious.
(d) An opportunity for infidelity has never arisen.
9. What is Zuska's occupation ?
(d) Mill worker.
10. Who has "the decency to stay away" from the funeral?
11. Who closes the steel mill?
12. What investment does George make with his spare cash?
(b) Government bonds.
(d) A savings account.
13. What is heard in the streets after the mill closes?
(b) Newspaper criers.
(c) Church bells.
14. While George and his co-workers are working, what do they see over H furnace?
(a) Blazing flames.
(b) A funnel cloud.
(c) A cloud of smoke.
(d) A flag raised.
15. From what country does George Kracha immigrate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes over Elena's household duties?
2. Which town does George arrive in after walking with only fifty cents in his pocket?
3. Who confronts George about Zuska?
4. To whom does Carnegie sell his steel plants?
5. Who does Zuska tell when she finds out that she is pregnant?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)