|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Zuska have?
2. Who is Djuro?
(a) George's boss.
(b) George's firstborn son.
(c) George's brother-in-law.
(d) George's friend.
3. Who is on the ship that George boards in Bremen?
(a) Zuska and Dobie Dobrejcak.
(b) Zuska and her sister.
(c) Zuska and her husband.
(d) Zuska and Franz Josef.
4. How long does it take George to repay the loan for his trip to America?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three months.
(d) Six months.
5. At the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 11, what does Joe tell George while they are on their way to work?
(a) He is buying a house in Braddock.
(b) He is leaving the steel mill.
(c) He is the new union leader.
(d) He and his family are moving to Cherry Alley.
6. Who does Francka make a comment about after the funeral?
7. On what day does Zuska get married?
8. On what day of the week does the United States declare war against Spain?
9. According to Zuska's sister, who will Zuska probably marry?
(b) George's brother.
(d) A boarder.
10. What kind of business is George thinking about opening?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A construction company.
(c) A brokerage.
(d) A butcher shop.
11. Who marries Steve Radilla?
12. What happens to Joe after he is taken to Pittsburgh?
(a) He is murdered.
(b) He is beaten up by thugs.
(c) He dies.
(d) He is accused of a crime.
13. Who is talking with George in Dorta's kitchen about leaving the steel mills?
14. What is Zuska's occupation ?
(d) Mill worker.
15. Who is Spetz?
(a) A Rabbi.
(b) A merchant.
(c) The owner of the Turner Hall Social Club.
(d) A Hungarian Jewish butcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who works in H furnace?
2. Who does George talk to about his financial situation?
3. Where does Dobrejcak work?
4. Who does George visit to talk to about his regrets?
5. How much does Dobrejcak earn an hour?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)