|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is John Joseph?
(a) Francka's son.
(b) Borka's boarder.
(c) Mike's son.
(d) Dorta's son.
2. Who is the author of Out of This Furnace?
(a) John Grisham.
(b) William Keats.
(c) Thomas Bell.
(d) Avery Siddons.
3. Where does George secure a mill job after the union is broken?
(d) River City.
4. How old is Mike Dobrejcak?
5. How many shifts are there for workers at the steel mills?
6. Who applies for citizenship as soon as he becomes of age?
7. How much does Dobrejcak earn an hour?
(a) Fourteen cents.
(b) One dollar.
(c) Twenty-five cents.
(d) Two dollars.
8. Who tells Zuska why George had to walk to New York after arriving in America?
9. Who rents a house to take in boarders?
10. What does George do during the summer to provide food for his family?
(a) He builds furniture.
(b) He works as a delivery man for an ice company.
(c) He farms.
(d) He takes a second job in a grocery store.
11. How long does it take George to repay the loan for his trip to America?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three months.
12. Who does George visit to talk to about his regrets?
(c) A friend.
(d) A priest.
13. Who is Djuro?
(a) George's brother-in-law.
(b) George's boss.
(c) George's firstborn son.
(d) George's friend.
14. Who is in control of the steel mills immediately following the arrival of a General with troops?
(b) Pinkerton guards.
(c) The union men.
15. Who is Andy?
(a) George's son.
(b) Borka's son.
(c) George's brother.
(d) Francka's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does it take George to reach America?
2. How long has Dobrejcak been in America?
3. At first, how many rooms do George and Elena rent?
4. Who is George Kracha?
5. On what day of the week does the United States declare war against Spain?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)