Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is talking with George in Dorta's kitchen about leaving the steel mills?
2. Where does Dobrejcak work?
(a) The butcher shop.
(b) The mercantile.
(c) The mill.
(d) The bank.
3. Who moves to a new brick house on River Street?
(a) Mike and Zuska.
(b) George and Elena.
(c) Dorta and Joe.
(d) Zuska and Mullhall.
4. Where does George secure a mill job after the union is broken?
(d) River City.
5. Who does Francka make a comment about after the funeral?
6. Who invites George to visit after he asks for an invitation?
(c) Zuska's brother-in-law.
(d) Zuska's sister.
7. What is Zuska's occupation ?
(d) Mill worker.
8. What job does George's brother-in-law have in America?
(a) On a pipeline.
(b) In a tire factory.
(c) On a railroad section gang.
(d) In a clothing factory.
9. To whom does Carnegie sell his steel plants?
(a) J.P. Morgan.
(b) Mike Dobrejcak.
(c) Victor Kracha.
(d) Paul Caudle.
10. According to George's conversation with Zuska, what is lost in a haystack?
(a) His immigrant papers.
(b) His green card.
(c) His money.
(d) His mill identification card.
11. Who is Djuro?
(a) George's brother-in-law.
(b) George's firstborn son.
(c) George's boss.
(d) George's friend.
12. Who works in H furnace?
13. Why does George need to call a priest?
(a) George wants to confess his infidelity.
(b) Elena is dying.
(c) George need information about a church member.
(d) Elena needs to talk to the priest about her marriage.
14. At the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 11, what kind of transportation is George using to go to work?
15. What happens at the steel mill that worries George?
(a) His hours are cut.
(b) The union disbands.
(c) There is talk of a strike.
(d) There is a fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What corporation is formed after the sale of the steel plants?
2. How long after Elena's death does George wait to visit Zuska?
3. While George and his co-workers are working, what do they see over H furnace?
4. Who buys a house in Munhall Hollow?
5. According to George, who owns everything in the United States?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)