|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does George need to call a priest?
(a) Elena is dying.
(b) George need information about a church member.
(c) George wants to confess his infidelity.
(d) Elena needs to talk to the priest about her marriage.
2. How long after Elena's death does George wait to visit Zuska?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
3. How many hours per day do the mill workers work?
4. Who has "the decency to stay away" from the funeral?
5. Who moves to a new brick house on River Street?
(a) Dorta and Joe.
(b) Mike and Zuska.
(c) George and Elena.
(d) Zuska and Mullhall.
6. What does Andrej place in his foreman's pocket at the saloon?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) One dollar.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Three dollars.
7. To whom does Carnegie sell his steel plants?
(a) Paul Caudle.
(b) Victor Kracha.
(c) J.P. Morgan.
(d) Mike Dobrejcak.
8. On what day of the week does the United States declare war against Spain?
9. How many shifts are there for workers at the steel mills?
10. Who buys a house in Munhall Hollow?
11. Who does George visit to talk to about his regrets?
(a) A friend.
(b) A priest.
12. Who applies for citizenship as soon as he becomes of age?
13. What happens at the steel mill that worries George?
(a) His hours are cut.
(b) There is a fire.
(c) There is talk of a strike.
(d) The union disbands.
14. What does George lose in this section?
(a) His lots, his house, and the business.
(b) His business.
(c) The lots.
(d) His house and business.
15. Who rents a house to take in boarders?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is George Kracha?
2. Who takes over Elena's household duties?
3. Who works in H furnace?
4. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 1, what year is it?
5. Who is on the ship that George boards in Bremen?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)