|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many shifts are there for workers at the steel mills?
2. Who does Francka make a comment about after the funeral?
3. Who invites George to visit after he asks for an invitation?
(a) Zuska's sister.
(c) Zuska's brother-in-law.
4. Who works in H furnace?
5. Who is John Joseph?
(a) Francka's son.
(b) Borka's boarder.
(c) Dorta's son.
(d) Mike's son.
6. Who is Borka?
(a) Elena's sister.
(b) George's sister.
(c) Andrej's sister.
(d) Francka's mother.
7. What happens at the steel mill that worries George?
(a) His hours are cut.
(b) The union disbands.
(c) There is a fire.
(d) There is talk of a strike.
8. Who is the author of Out of This Furnace?
(a) Thomas Bell.
(b) John Grisham.
(c) Avery Siddons.
(d) William Keats.
9. How much money does the bank need for the principal on George's mortgage?
(a) Five thousand dollars.
(b) Seven hundred dollars.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
10. Why does Mrs. Mihula live in Braddock?
(a) Her sister lives there.
(b) She has free rent in a mill house.
(c) She works at the mill.
(d) Her husband has a good job there.
11. What does Andrej place in his foreman's pocket at the saloon?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) One dollar.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Three dollars.
12. To whom does Carnegie sell his steel plants?
(a) Victor Kracha.
(b) J.P. Morgan.
(c) Paul Caudle.
(d) Mike Dobrejcak.
13. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 1, what year is it?
14. Who does Mike Dobrejcak marry?
15. Where is George Kracha bound for in America?
(a) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is heard in the streets after the mill closes?
2. Who marries Steve Radilla?
3. While George and his co-workers are working, what do they see over H furnace?
4. Who buys a house in Munhall Hollow?
5. Who moves to a new brick house on River Street?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)