Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Spetz?
(a) The owner of the Turner Hall Social Club.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A Hungarian Jewish butcher.
(d) A Rabbi.
2. What does the new corporation not tolerate?
(a) Ethnic workers.
(b) Ethnic violence.
(d) Non-union workers.
3. Why does George go to jail?
(a) He slaps a customer.
(b) He gets drunk and beats Zuska.
(c) He gets into a fight at Wold Tavern.
(d) He steals money from Zuska.
4. On what day does Zuska get married?
5. What is heard in the streets after the mill closes?
(b) Newspaper criers.
(c) Church bells.
6. To whom does Carnegie sell his steel plants?
(a) Victor Kracha.
(b) Mike Dobrejcak.
(c) Paul Caudle.
(d) J.P. Morgan.
7. Who does George talk to about his financial situation?
(a) A banker.
8. As soon as George receives his first pay, what does he do?
(a) He quits his job.
(b) He visits Dobrejcaik.
(c) He gets drunk.
(d) He visits Dubik.
9. Who does Zuska tell when she finds out that she is pregnant?
10. Who does Mike Dobrejcak marry?
11. In what year does George Kracha come to America?
12. Who is John Joseph?
(a) Francka's son.
(b) Borka's boarder.
(c) Dorta's son.
(d) Mike's son.
13. How old is Mike Dobrejcak?
14. According to George's conversation with Zuska, what is lost in a haystack?
(a) His mill identification card.
(b) His immigrant papers.
(c) His green card.
(d) His money.
15. Who marries Steve Radilla?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits George right after he is released from jail?
2. Who confronts George about Zuska?
3. Who is Borka?
4. Who tells Zuska why George had to walk to New York after arriving in America?
5. Who is talking with George in Dorta's kitchen about leaving the steel mills?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)