|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rents a house to take in boarders?
2. Who buys a house in Munhall Hollow?
3. Who is John Joseph?
(a) Mike's son.
(b) Dorta's son.
(c) Francka's son.
(d) Borka's boarder.
4. Who tells Zuska why George had to walk to New York after arriving in America?
5. Which town does George arrive in after walking with only fifty cents in his pocket?
(a) Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
(b) Rochester, New York.
(c) Paramus, New Jersey.
(d) White Haven, Pennsylvania.
6. Who is Andy?
(a) George's brother.
(b) Borka's son.
(c) George's son.
(d) Francka's son.
7. What job does George's brother-in-law have in America?
(a) In a tire factory.
(b) On a pipeline.
(c) On a railroad section gang.
(d) In a clothing factory.
8. How many days does it take George to reach America?
9. Who confronts George about Zuska?
10. Where is George Kracha bound for in America?
(b) New Jersey.
11. Who marries Steve Radilla?
12. How long has Dobrejcak been in America?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Eleven years.
(c) Five years.
(d) One year.
13. Why does George go to jail?
(a) He steals money from Zuska.
(b) He gets into a fight at Wold Tavern.
(c) He slaps a customer.
(d) He gets drunk and beats Zuska.
14. How much older are George and Zuska when their paths cross again?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Twenty years.
15. What does George lose in this section?
(a) His business.
(b) His house and business.
(c) His lots, his house, and the business.
(d) The lots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is on the ship that George boards in Bremen?
2. According to George, who owns everything in the United States?
3. What corporation is formed after the sale of the steel plants?
4. Who is Frick's partner and the owner of the steel mill?
5. Who visits George right after he is released from jail?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)