|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 21-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George use all of his money for in this section?
(a) Zuska's rent.
(b) Elena's funeral.
(c) Elena's medical bills.
(d) The butcher shop.
2. Who confronts George about Zuska?
3. Who does George visit to talk to about his regrets?
(a) A priest.
(b) A friend.
4. According to the author, what is the birthright of a Slovak peasant?
(a) Freedom to worship.
(b) A job and house.
(c) A paycheck and family.
(d) Endless poverty and oppression.
5. Who has "the decency to stay away" from the funeral?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Zuska have?
2. Which town does George arrive in after walking with only fifty cents in his pocket?
3. How much older are George and Zuska when their paths cross again?
4. In what year does George buy his new business?
5. How does George help Zuska?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)