|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many shifts are there for workers at the steel mills?
2. What is George's first main job in America?
(a) Working in a steel mill.
(b) Maintaining the railroad.
(c) Maintaining factory equipment.
(d) Building locomotives.
3. Who is the author of Out of This Furnace?
(a) William Keats.
(b) John Grisham.
(c) Avery Siddons.
(d) Thomas Bell.
4. Who buys a house in Munhall Hollow?
5. Who does George leave behind in his homeland?
(a) Wife, sister, brother.
(b) Wife, two children.
(c) Wife, child, mother.
(d) Wife, sister, mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What produces pollution in Homestead?
2. Where does George secure a mill job after the union is broken?
3. According to the author, what is the birthright of a Slovak peasant?
4. What happens at the steel mill that worries George?
5. Who surrenders after the trouble at the steel mills?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)