|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does George secure a mill job after the union is broken?
(b) River City.
2. Who does Francka make a comment about after the funeral?
3. Who has "the decency to stay away" from the funeral?
4. Who receives an apology from Elena?
5. At the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 11, what does Joe tell George while they are on their way to work?
(a) He and his family are moving to Cherry Alley.
(b) He is buying a house in Braddock.
(c) He is leaving the steel mill.
(d) He is the new union leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the steel mill that worries George?
2. Who is in control of the steel mills immediately following the arrival of a General with troops?
3. What is George's first main job in America?
4. Why does Mrs. Mihula live in Braddock?
5. What produces pollution in Homestead?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)