Part 1, Chapters 1-5
1. Who is the author of Out of This Furnace?
(a) William Keats.
(b) John Grisham.
(c) Thomas Bell.
(d) Avery Siddons.
2. Who is George Kracha?
(a) The first American immigrant to defect.
(b) A third generation immigrant who comes to America.
(c) A second generation immigrant who narrates the story.
(d) A first generation immigrant who comes to America.
3. In what year does George Kracha come to America?
4. From what country does George Kracha immigrate?
5. Who does George leave behind in his homeland?
(a) Wife, child, mother.
(b) Wife, two children.
(c) Wife, sister, mother.
(d) Wife, sister, brother.
6. According to the author, what is the birthright of a Slovak peasant?
(a) Endless poverty and oppression.
(b) A paycheck and family.
(c) Freedom to worship.
(d) A job and house.
7. Where is George Kracha bound for in America?
(c) New Jersey.
8. What job does George's brother-in-law have in America?
(a) On a railroad section gang.
(b) In a tire factory.
(c) In a clothing factory.
(d) On a pipeline.
This section contains 3,635 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)