1. Who is the author of Out of This Furnace?
(a) Thomas Bell.
(b) Avery Siddons.
(c) William Keats.
(d) John Grisham.
2. Who is George Kracha?
(a) A second generation immigrant who narrates the story.
(b) The first American immigrant to defect.
(c) A first generation immigrant who comes to America.
(d) A third generation immigrant who comes to America.
3. In what year does George Kracha come to America?
4. From what country does George Kracha immigrate?
5. Who does George leave behind in his homeland?
(a) Wife, sister, mother.
(b) Wife, sister, brother.
(c) Wife, two children.
(d) Wife, child, mother.
6. According to the author, what is the birthright of a Slovak peasant?
(a) A job and house.
(b) Freedom to worship.
(c) Endless poverty and oppression.
(d) A paycheck and family.
7. Where is George Kracha bound for in America?
(c) New Jersey.
8. What job does George's brother-in-law have in America?
(a) In a clothing factory.
(b) On a railroad section gang.
(c) In a tire factory.
(d) On a pipeline.
This section contains 3,635 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)