Part 1, Chapters 1-5
1. Who is the author of Out of This Furnace?
(a) John Grisham.
(b) William Keats.
(c) Avery Siddons.
(d) Thomas Bell.
2. Who is George Kracha?
(a) A second generation immigrant who narrates the story.
(b) A first generation immigrant who comes to America.
(c) The first American immigrant to defect.
(d) A third generation immigrant who comes to America.
3. In what year does George Kracha come to America?
4. From what country does George Kracha immigrate?
5. Who does George leave behind in his homeland?
(a) Wife, sister, brother.
(b) Wife, sister, mother.
(c) Wife, child, mother.
(d) Wife, two children.
6. According to the author, what is the birthright of a Slovak peasant?
(a) A job and house.
(b) Endless poverty and oppression.
(c) Freedom to worship.
(d) A paycheck and family.
7. Where is George Kracha bound for in America?
(b) New Jersey.
8. What job does George's brother-in-law have in America?
(a) On a railroad section gang.
(b) In a clothing factory.
(c) In a tire factory.
(d) On a pipeline.
This section contains 3,635 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)