|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Open City set?
(a) Long Island.
(c) New York city.
(d) New York suburbs.
2. How much does Julius say he carries around his patients’ experiences and stories?
(a) He says that he will go home and read books that shed light on their conditions.
(b) He says that he does not think about them, and needs to refresh his memory at every visit.
(c) He says that he thinks of them in idle moment.
(d) He says that he cannot stop thinking about them.
3. How old does Julius say he was when his driver hit and killed a girl?
(a) Four or five.
(b) Ten or eleven.
(c) Eight or nine.
(d) Six or seven.
4. What is Julius’ reaction to Dr. Saito telling him that he is ready to die in Chapter 15?
(a) He holds his hand.
(b) He rushes out.
(c) He calls the nurse.
(d) He sits mute and still.
5. What does Julius say he is struck by, in Farouq’s goals?
(a) His delusion.
(b) His zealousness.
(c) His purity.
(d) His single-mindedness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of music does the band play, that marches past the store where Julius stops in Chinatown in Chapter 16?
2. What constant struggle does Julius exclaim on, after protecting the woman and her baby from the wind-blown construction barriers on rue Philippe?
3. Why does Julius say he avoided visiting Dr. Saito again while he was dying?
4. Where were Julius and Moji when Moji said he forced himself on her?
5. How does Julius prepare himself for winter?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)