|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the wound that Julius says Farouq carries?
(a) Having been forced out of his homeland.
(b) Having to fund his own way through school.
(c) Having his dissertation declined.
(d) Having been discriminated against.
2. On his way home from the cinema, who does Julius have a presentiment about seeing again?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His friend.
(d) His oma.
3. How does Julius describe sex with this tourist whose name he does not know?
(a) Something he was hungry for.
(b) Something she gave him.
(c) Something he needed to do.
(d) Something she tolerated.
4. How does Julius characterize the work he does when he is redoing the lab work for the paper he has written?
5. What does Julius think about doing in the boat basin behind the World Financial Center?
(a) Returning to Nigeria.
(b) Committing suicide.
(c) Writing to his mother.
(d) Traveling to Brussels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julius say he was sent to the Nigerian Military School to get?
2. How does Julius say his father’s people reacted to Julius’ father’s death?
3. How does Julius say he sees the other people who are around when he is in the atrium above the Wall Street subway station?
4. At what age was Julius sent to boarding school?
5. What issue is remarkably absent from Julius, Farouq and Khalil’s discussion of Middle East politics?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)