|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julius say explains the sense of hermeticism in the paintings of John Brewster?
(a) The artistic standard of the times.
(b) Brewster’s deafness.
(c) Brewster’s depression.
(d) Brewster’s patron’s demands.
2. What does Dr. Maillotte, Julius’ seat partner, envy about Julius?
(a) His short legs.
(b) His appetite.
(c) His patience.
(d) His ability to fall asleep.
3. How does Julius characterize the work he does when he is redoing the lab work for the paper he has written?
4. How does Julius characterize his mother’s feelings about Nigeria?
(a) She loved it because she had come to belong there.
(b) She loved it but could never belong there.
(c) She hated it because she did not feel at home there.
(d) She hated it because she felt trapped there.
5. What does Julius say he associated classical music with?
(a) Clouds over the city.
(b) Traffic in the city streets.
(c) His patients.
(d) Migrating geese.
Short Answer Questions
1. What employment did Saidu find when he arrived in Lisbon?
2. What hospital does Julius work at?
3. What does the poet want to talk about, instead of reading poetry, when Julius goes to the 92nd Street Y?
4. What does Julius think about doing in the boat basin behind the World Financial Center?
5. What did Julius get a reputation for, after the affair of Musibau’s stolen newspaper, at the military school?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)