|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Saidu to flee his country?
(a) His family had died in the war, and he was pressed to work for the army.
(b) His home was shelled, and he was threatened with death if he stayed.
(c) His parents saw the war coming when he was a child and left in advance.
(d) The economic collapse made it impossible to find work.
2. What kind of music does Julius say he listens to?
(a) Classic rock.
3. What is Julius’ status in the hospital?
4. How does Nadège’s limp affect Julius, when he joins her on a trip to the immigrant detention facility?
(a) It makes him think of a girl he went to school with.
(b) It makes him think of an illness he had suffered through.
(c) It makes him have compassion for Nadège’s experiences.
(d) It makes him think of migrating birds.
5. What is Dr. Maillotte’s connection with Eduoard Empain, who built Heliopolis in Egypt?
(a) Just that she has visited the city.
(b) She knows his grandson.
(c) She is descended from him.
(d) She is married to his grandson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Julius’ friend Dr. Saito’s field of study?
2. What did Pierre, the bootblack who shines Julius’ shoes, used to do before he became a boot black?
3. What is Julius treating M. for?
4. What is Nadège’s relationship with Julius?
5. Whose music does Julius hear that causes him to stop shopping and sit and listen in the Tower Records?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)