|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his way home from the cinema, who does Julius have a presentiment about seeing again?
(a) His mother.
(b) His oma.
(c) His father.
(d) His friend.
2. What do Julius, Farouq and Farouq’s friend Khalil agree on, in terms of the portrayal of blacks in America and Muslims in Europe?
(a) That the people with power control the portrayal.
(b) That one or two men determine how the whole society sees them.
(c) That the people are responsible for how they are portrayed.
(d) That the portrayal is created in advance by the unconscious of the race.
3. What is the wound that Julius says Farouq carries?
(a) Having been forced out of his homeland.
(b) Having his dissertation declined.
(c) Having been discriminated against.
(d) Having to fund his own way through school.
4. What does Julius say the boys who beat him up and robbed him were intent on doing?
(a) Teaching him a lesson.
(b) Killing him.
(c) Making him afraid.
(d) Humiliating him.
5. What is Dr. Maillotte’s field of medicine?
(d) Gastrointestinal surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What constant struggle does Julius exclaim on, after protecting the woman and her baby from the wind-blown construction barriers on rue Philippe?
2. What do Julius’ thoughts about the Africans he had seen in Le Panais make him think about the cleaning woman in the church?
3. Who wrote the cantatas Julius had heard at Lincoln Center, before coming to visit Dr. Saito?
4. Who is in the shop Julius stop into in Chinatown in Chapter 16?
5. How does Julius say his field of study compares to other fields?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)