|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Julius go to Notre Dame de la Chapelle?
(a) He promised Nadège he would see it.
(b) He is meeting Dr. Maillotte there.
(c) He has always wanted to see it.
(d) He is early to meet Dr. Maillotte.
2. What is Julius treating V. for?
(c) Multiple personality disorder.
3. What does Julius say he associated classical music with?
(a) Clouds over the city.
(b) Migrating geese.
(c) Traffic in the city streets.
(d) His patients.
4. What does Dr. Maillotte say the actual ethnic composition of Brussels is?
(a) 95% Walloon, 1% Flemish, and 4% Arab and African.
(b) 40% Walloon, 40% Flemish, and 20% Arab and African.
(c) 75%Walloon, 21% Flemish and 4% Arab and African.
(d) 48% Walloon, 48% Flemish, and 4% % Arab and African.
5. Whose obituary do the street performers make Julius think of?
(b) His oma’s.
(c) His father’s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pierre, the bootblack who shines Julius’ shoes, used to do before he became a boot black?
2. What happens to decrease the tension over the recent incident in Brussels when Julius visits?
3. How old is the Czechoslovakian tourist Julius has a one-night encounter with?
4. What is the white man teaching the Asian woman in the diner where Julius sees them in Chapter 18?
5. While Julius watches the snowflakes come down after meeting with his accountant in Chapter 13, he feels a furious sense of what?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)