|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does King say about adverbs?
(a) To use them to intensify meaning.
(b) To include them when characters are being emotional.
(c) To use colorful adverbs to make the writing more vivid.
(d) To limit their use.
2. What does King consider to be the best tool in making a writer?
(a) Taking writing courses in different genres.
(b) Going to writers' retreats.
(c) Practice writing.
3. What does King's uncle inherit?
(a) The house.
(b) A large toolbox.
(c) A silver watch.
(d) A car.
4. What activity might cause King to work on days he normally doesn't work?
(a) Having a deadline to meet.
(b) Having a writer's block and not producing his usual amount of words previously.
(c) Being in the middle of a new novel.
(d) Being sick on days previous to the holiday.
5. According to King, what is the most important tool for a writer?
(a) Good typing skills.
(c) Lots of notes.
(d) An excellent computer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does King take this position on adverbs?
2. Which genre does King feel Misery will belong to when he begins to write the story?
3. Why does King emphasize the importance of reading?
4. How does King define vocabulary?
5. How could the object King's uncle inherits be described?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)