• Relates the events of King's childhood and young adulthood as they pertain to his writing.
• King went to college where he met his wife Tabitha.
• Tabitha saved his first published novel, Carrie, from the trashcan.
• King's life changed with the sale of Carrie.
• King fell into a spiral of alcohol and drug addiction after his first published novel.
• King mentions writing as life support.
What Writing Is
• King uses an image to demonstrate to his reader that writing is a serious business.
• King explains why he believes that writing is telepathy.
• King suggests that the reader put his book away if they cannot believe in writing as magic.
• King is not going to write a typical writing instruction book.
• King believes that writing is a serious job and not something you do for money.
• King touches on the theme of writing as a career...
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)