* Relates the events of King's childhood and young adulthood as they pertain to his writing.
* King went to college where he met his wife Tabitha.
* Tabitha saved his first published novel, Carrie, from the trashcan.
* King's life changed with the sale of Carrie.
* King fell into a spiral of alcohol and drug addiction after his first published novel.
* King mentions writing as life support.
What Writing Is
* King uses an image to demonstrate to his reader that writing is a serious business.
* King explains why he believes that writing is telepathy.
* King suggests that the reader put his book away if they cannot believe in writing as magic.
* King is not going to write a typical writing instruction book.
* King believes that writing is a serious job and not something you do for money.
* King touches on the theme of writing as a career versus writing...
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)