Mid-Book Test (up to Part III: Chapter 13 Writing About Places: The Travel Article)
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer the question with a short answer.
1. Why do journalists need to perfect uncluttered writing?
2. What is one task that a good writer constantly does?
3. Why does Zissner advise his clients to worry about the marketplace last?
4. What does reading aloud do for the writer?
5. Why doesn't he simply cross out clutter?
Short Essay Questions
Directions: Answer the questions with a short paragraph.
1. Does Zinsser believe it is important for an author's personality to shine through his or her...
This section contains 842 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)