Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should writers focus on when writing travel pieces?
(a) Style and sentence structure.
(b) Information and substance.
(c) Substance and exaggerating adjectives.
(d) Style and substance.
2. Where did Zinsser learn how to write?
(a) From reading the New York Herald.
(b) He taught himself.
(c) He learned while he was deployed during WWII.
(d) From reading good books.
3. What do people forget about writing?
(a) It is a science that is hard to understand.
(b) It is a gift that only certain people have.
(c) It is easy and anyone can do it.
(d) It is a craft and it can be learned.
4. Writers should always look for ________________.
(a) Making places more accessible to other people.
(b) Things that relate places to another.
(c) People to tell them about a place so they don't have to actually go anywhere.
(d) The unique aspects of a place.
5. His article was supposed to be about his impressions of salt caravans, why didn't he write more about this?
(a) He wasn't paying attention to the salt caravans.
(b) He was bored with the caravans, and would have bored his readers since he cannot fake his voice.
(c) He never saw the salt caravans, and this was the humor in his article.
(d) Salt caravans are general knowledge and he didn't want to sound cliche.
Short Answer Questions
1. What freedom does he give his students?
2. What did his parents teach him that made him a fantastic writer?
3. What does Zinsser throw away in his writing classes?
4. Is there room for opinion when writing a sports article?
5. Why is it so hard to write about places?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)