|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the process of memoir writing do for a writer?
(a) It brings back bad memories that the person tried to forget.
(b) Nothing but write about everything he or she thinks about daily.
(c) It forces them to talk to distant relatives they hate.
(d) It brings up related memories that were pushed into the subconsious.
2. Do criticism writers need to take a stance on a show?
(a) Yes, but they should mind their wording to not offend those in the show.
(b) Absolutely. They have the power to make or break a show.
(c) Opinions should always be left out of writing.
(d) No, that should be left up to the audience.
3. What should writers focus on the most?
(a) Their audience.
(b) The writing process.
(c) Their editors.
(d) The final product.
4. What does Zinsser think about this misconception?
(a) He agrees with it and thinks writers can never understand complex scientific theories.
(b) He states anyone can write about anything if his approach is correct.
(c) He agrees with it and thinks scientists cannot write at all.
(d) He disagrees with it, but offers no reason why.
5. Do writers need to write all the time?
(a) No, writers should only write when they are in the zone.
(b) No, if they are not in the mood, it will come out in their writing.
(c) Yes, because writers are always able to write.
(d) Yes, even if they have to force it out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should writers focus on when writing travel pieces?
2. What freedom does he give his students?
3. What is a misconception about writers and scientists?
4. How does Zinsser create his final products?
5. What approach to a place should writers take?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)