|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do readers generally like knowing about athletes' personal lives?
(a) No, they just want to see the athletes play their game.
(b) Only when it pertains to athletes' outlooks on the sport.
(c) Yes, they want all the information out there.
(d) Either way, it doesn't really matter.
2. What did his parents teach him that made him a fantastic writer?
(a) His mother taught him to spell, and his father taught him to write.
(b) His mother was a writer and went to career day at his school.
(c) His mother instilled in him a love and respect for good writing, and his father taught him to have a strong work ethic.
(d) HIs father took him to a field trip to a newspaper office.
3. Why does this misconception exist?
(a) Writers only want to read literature, and not science.
(b) Scientists are left brain individuals that don't want to learn to write.
(c) Writing is too complex for many, and is more of an art than a science.
(d) Early education lumps students into categories, creating boundaries they can never cross in the future.
4. What do people forget about writing?
(a) It is easy and anyone can do it.
(b) It is a gift that only certain people have.
(c) It is a craft and it can be learned.
(d) It is a science that is hard to understand.
5. Why should companies learn to produce better writing?
(a) To get more clients to understand their terms.
(b) To appeal to educators.
(c) To produce more writing jobs.
(d) In a capitalistic world, there is always competition and good writing reduces it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the biggest fear that nonfiction writers have?
2. His article was supposed to be about his impressions of salt caravans, why didn't he write more about this?
3. Should a writer use different voices for different types of writing?
4. What is the best way to add humor into writing?
5. Writers should always look for ________________.
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)