|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 20 The Sound of Your Voice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why should interview questions be written before the interview?
(a) To keep the person being interviewed on track.
(b) To avoid having to do it at the interview.
(c) To focus the interview around a certain theme.
(d) To avoid drawing a blank in the middle of an interview.
2. What method of writing does Zissner use?
(a) Old Journalism.
(b) Cluster writing.
(c) Bold paragraph approach.
(d) New Journalism.
3. What advice does Zinsser give to employees who want to change business writing?
(a) Take their concerns to the board.
(b) Complain to HR.
(c) Keep trying to change it and make it better.
(d) Write the way they want regardless of what their bosses say.
4. What do sports writers forget to do when writing about sports for so long?
(a) They forget who their readers are and what they are writing about.
(b) They get into the lives of their athletes in too much depth.
(c) They forget to research the athletes personal lives.
(d) They use too many stats and not enough writing.
5. Who is rivaling everything that Zissner is saying?
(a) A doctor who writes for a hobby.
(b) Another writer.
(c) A student in the audience.
(d) The professor of the class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the best aspects of a good story?
2. Has the period of political euphemisms improved since the Vietnam War?
3. What is an example of American television shows that use humor to talk about serious issues?
4. What is the best way to learn to write with humor?
5. What does reading aloud do for the writer?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)