|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapter 11 Nonfiction as Literature.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two components of the original Roget's Thesaurus?
(a) A list of synonyms and their definitions with pictures on one side.
(b) A dictionary of antonyms, and one of synonyms.
(c) A dictionary listing of words, and a numberd section with synonyms arranged in broad concepts.
(d) Antonyms with very in depth definitions.
2. What are the best aspects of a good story?
(a) Clarity and writing skill.
(b) Good research.
(d) Writing skill.
3. What is the biggest mistake a writer can make when creating sentences?
(a) Not reading their sentences aloud.
(b) Not creating sentences that readers want to read.
(c) Packing in too much information into one sentence.
(d) Overediting sentences.
4. Literature was once considered solely as what?
(a) Great novels.
(b) Writing by only certain authors.
(c) Fiction only.
(d) Historical pieces.
5. Who is rivaling everything that Zissner is saying?
(a) A student in the audience.
(b) Another writer.
(c) A doctor who writes for a hobby.
(d) The professor of the class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zissner think of gimmicky writing?
2. What is the main thing required to being a good writer?
3. What period of writing constantly used semicolons?
4. What has literature transformed into?
5. What is a common problem writers have?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)