Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 9 The Lead and the Ending.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Zissner believe in the journalism model for good writing?
(a) No, journalism is dead and the writing is poor.
(b) Yes, it saves space and uses modern words.
(c) No because journalists use cheap words and buzz words.
(d) Yes, it is efficient and catchy.
2. What gives nonfiction books life?
(a) The cover of the book.
(b) Pure hard facts.
(c) White lies that sell certain facts.
(d) Humanity and warmth.
3. How does Zissner have the ability to choose words for the American Heritage Dictionary?
(a) He created the Dictionary.
(b) He is on the American Heritage Dictionary Usage Panel
(c) He is related to someone on the panel.
(d) He works for the American Heritage Dictionary
4. What is the biggest mistake a writer can make when creating sentences?
(a) Overediting sentences.
(b) Not creating sentences that readers want to read.
(c) Packing in too much information into one sentence.
(d) Not reading their sentences aloud.
5. Who is rivaling everything that Zissner is saying?
(a) A student in the audience.
(b) A doctor who writes for a hobby.
(c) The professor of the class.
(d) Another writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zissner think of gimmicky writing?
2. What could cause a writer to write unclear?
3. What is a common problem with nonfiction writers?
4. What is the mood or voice in a piece?
5. Where should the writer find his or her words?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)