|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 6 Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the real audience in a piece of writing?
(a) The reader.
(b) Both the editor and author.
(c) The editor.
(d) The author.
2. What is the transaction in writing?
(a) The bookbuying process.
(b) How much a writer talks about themselves.
(c) How much facts a writer uses.
(d) How much a writer gives of themselves rather than of facts.
3. A musician must practice scales, and a writer must practice ______________.
(d) The marketplace.
4. Does skipping grammar check save a writer time?
(a) Yes, it is one less thing the writer has to do.
(b) No. It harms the writer, and makes more work for them and the editors.
(c) Yes. It is uneccessary since the editor can check grammer.
(d) No, they have to do line edits anyways to check grammar.
5. Who is the author talking to at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is talking to his mother.
(b) He is talking to his wife.
(c) He is talking with his editor.
(d) He is presenting to student writers at a Connecticut school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Zissner's feelings about writing?
2. What is one of Zissner's biggest pet peeves?
3. What does the etymology of words mean?
4. What does reading aloud do for the writer?
5. What does Zissner use to highlight clutter in his students' writing?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)