Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapter 20 The Sound of Your Voice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Can a writer simply write the article with one interview?
(a) No, editing is too hard with just one interview.
(b) No, there should always be mulitple interviews.
(c) Yes, but it should be avoided because people forget things in the first interview.
(d) Yes, but it is better to have mulitple interviews and meld them together into one incident.
2. What could cause a writer to write unclear?
(a) Not taking any writing classes.
(b) Not having brainstormed enough.
(c) Not having enough experience.
(d) Not knowing what they want to say.
3. Why should companies learn to produce better writing?
(a) In a capitalistic world, there is always competition and good writing reduces it.
(b) To appeal to educators.
(c) To get more clients to understand their terms.
(d) To produce more writing jobs.
4. What advice does Zinsser give to employees who want to change business writing?
(a) Keep trying to change it and make it better.
(b) Write the way they want regardless of what their bosses say.
(c) Complain to HR.
(d) Take their concerns to the board.
5. Why do Americans have trouble writing?
(a) They are bad at fact checking.
(b) They are not complex enough.
(c) Their minds are too cluttered.
(d) They do too much and slack on their writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Good writing is ______________.
2. Do good writers decorate their writing?
3. What is a major problem with humorous writing?
4. Where does a writer need to start to get his or her voice discovered?
5. How rigid are the lines between proper and improper English usage?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)