Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapter 7 Usage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Zissner believe in the journalism model for good writing?
(a) No, journalism is dead and the writing is poor.
(b) No because journalists use cheap words and buzz words.
(c) Yes, it saves space and uses modern words.
(d) Yes, it is efficient and catchy.
2. What is an example of a time when bad writing HAS to be read?
(a) Online writing.
(b) In the newspaper.
(c) Corporate memos or technical writing.
(d) In English class.
3. What does Zinsser do before submitting a piece of writing?
(a) He has his wife read his work.
(b) He reads everything aloud.
(c) He edits everything three times.
(d) He submits his writing to his family.
4. What is another important characteristic of a writer?
(a) To be aware of the way words are spelled.
(b) To be aware of the rhythm and sound of words together.
(c) To sound out simple syllables.
(d) To sound out simple sentences.
5. What is the problem with American writing?
(a) Americans are bad at fact checking.
(b) It isn't complex enough.
(c) The writing is too sloppy.
(d) It is too complex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when a writer writes in unclear ways?
2. Chapter 3 is about __________.
3. How does a thesaurus help with brainstorming?
4. What does a Thesaurus help a writer with, besides finding alternate words?
5. Why do journalists need to perfect uncluttered writing?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)