|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Of the Liberty of Thought & Discussion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author believe leads to progress?
(a) Clashes that cause trouble.
(b) Clashes that lead to stronger disagreement.
(c) Clashes that end quickly.
(d) Clashes that bring opponents closer to the truth.
2. What did Mary Wollstonecraft support?
(a) Pro life.
(b) Equality for African Americans.
(c) Women's rights.
(d) Gay rights.
3. Does the author confine his criticisms to his own nation?
(a) Only later.
(b) At first.
4. Have the British been connected to this European relationship?
(b) Much later.
5. How has Britain's location as a pair of islands influenced the way that Britain relates to whom?
(a) The 'Non-Europeans.'
(b) The 'Others.'
(c) The 'Continental Europeans.'
(d) The Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite the reality that Mill's idea is far from new, it is what?
2. Why is their friendship less unusual today?
3. Does Mill directly mention women in particular?
4. In what subjects was his education clearly weak?
5. Of what does the philosopher argue in favor regarding opposing views?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)