Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Corbel get angry with Birle?
2. Where does Birle think she and Orien will be the safest as Orien heals?
3. What does Joaquim teach Yul how to do?
4. What does Birle hope to accomplish at the marketplace in Chapter 13?
5. What does Birle request of the Earl and his Lady near the end of Chapter 23?
Essay Topic 1
Yul is an interesting character who is present for a large portion of the novel. He has a special connection with Birle. Analyze and discuss this connection that they share. How did it start? Could Birle have this kind of connection with anyone else? What do these two go through together? What eventually leads them to separate? Does this mean that their connection is also severed?
Essay Topic 2
The setting is extremely important to the novel. Although Birle and Orien are from the Kingdom, they end up many places outside of it. Discuss the importance of setting. What does it accomplish? What is the setting of the novel and what are a few examples of the places Birle and Orien travel to. What is their importance?
Essay Topic 3
Loyalty is a theme seen within the novel various times. Analyze and discuss the loyalty between one of the following pairs:
1. Birle and Orien.
2. Birle and Joaquim.
3. Birle and Yul.
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)