Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Corbel get angry with Birle?
2. Where does Birle think she and Orien will be the safest as Orien heals?
3. What does Joaquim teach Yul how to do?
4. What does Birle hope to accomplish at the marketplace in Chapter 13?
5. What does Birle request of the Earl and his Lady near the end of Chapter 23?
Essay Topic 1
The novel has several literary elements that make up the story. Pick five elements (such as setting, conflict, etc.) and briefly describe how it relates to the novel.
Essay Topic 2
The entire novel is told from Birle's point of view. Authors use a certain point of view to achieve a certain mood for the story. What do you think Voigt is trying to achieve in allowing us only Birle's thoughts and views? Why not see Orien's? How might the story have been different if we were to glimpse at what Orien thought. Would our thinking of the events of the book possibly change?
Essay Topic 3
Loyalty is a theme seen within the novel various times. Analyze and discuss the loyalty between one of the following pairs:
1. Birle and Orien.
2. Birle and Joaquim.
3. Birle and Yul.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)