|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Damall suggest Birle leave?
(a) At night while Yul is sleeping.
(b) In broad daylight.
(c) By carrying Orien on her back.
(d) On a boat down the river.
2. Where are Birle and Orien headed in Chapter 21?
(a) To the port city.
(b) Far away.
(c) To the rock.
(d) To the Kingdom.
3. What does Birle tell Yul to do if he is mistreated?
(a) Crush Damall's head.
(b) Run away.
(c) Refuse to eat.
(d) Stomp on Damall.
4. What is another thing the Earl reveals to Birle in Chapter 23?
(a) He saw her as a baby.
(b) He does not think she and Orien suit one another.
(c) He is the one who taught her grandparents to read and write.
(d) He is her real grandfather.
5. Why is the Earl (Orien's grandfather) initially impatient with Birle?
(a) Because she is low-born.
(b) Because she does not understand what it means to be a Lady.
(c) Because she does not speak to him.
(d) Because she has a village accent.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Birle and Joaquim plan to leave the city?
2. What does Damall suggest as a deal to Birle in Chapter 20?
3. What does Corbel suggest doing with Birle?
4. Who is Damall?
5. Who is inside the bundle of dirty clothes that Yul leans against the wall?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)