|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Orien's brother greet him?
2. What does Joaquim tell Birle will happen eventually in the city because of Corbel's marriage?
(a) A civil battle.
(b) A birth.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A war.
3. What is Joaquim's goal?
(a) To write a book of herbs.
(b) To transmute anything into gold.
(c) To grow a herb garden.
(d) To transmute other metals into gold.
4. What does Birle hope to accomplish at the marketplace in Chapter 13?
(a) Purchasing bread.
(b) Seeing Orien.
(c) Finding another master.
5. Who is the first person of Birle's family to spot her after her return home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Birle on the move while working as a slave?
2. What does Birle warn Orien about when she is finally able to talk with him?
3. If someone asked Birle who she was, what would she be most likely to answer in Chapter 22?
4. How long has it been since the beginning of the novel at the point where Birle and Orien finally are reunited during their time in slavery?
5. Where does Birle think she and Orien will be the safest as Orien heals?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Birle come to understand about Gladaegal?
2. In Chapter 21, once Orien is well, what differences does he say is in Birle's character?
3. Describe Birle's work as a slave for Joaquim and what drives her to work so hard.
4. What does Birle understand about Nan?
5. What does Birle decide at the end of Chapter 19?
6. What does Joaquim say to convince Corbel to let Birle continue staying with him, and why does he do it?
7. How is Birle's life now in Chapter 15, living with Joaquim?
8. What changes once Orien is back in the Kingdom?
9. How does Corbel see Birle differently now in Chapter 16?
10. Describe Nan and Birle's meeting.
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)