|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If people in the Kingdom asked, what was Birle and Orien's cover story for Orien?
(a) He was a groom delivering himself and the horse to a Lord.
(b) He was a ministral.
(c) He was the Earl of Sutherland.
(d) He was Birle's husband.
2. What keeps Birle on the move while working as a slave?
3. What does Birle realize after seeing Orien disappear after he sees her?
(a) He loves her too much that it's painful.
(b) He hates her.
(c) He does not want to meet with her.
(d) He does not remember her.
4. What does Birle request of the Earl and his Lady near the end of Chapter 23?
(a) To give birth to her child in the castle.
(b) To have her family brought to the castle.
(c) To leave the castle and not return.
(d) To wed Orien immediately.
5. During what season are Birle and Orien currently traveling in Chapter 21?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Damall do for Birle, Yul and Orien after meeting them?
2. Where has Corbel gone for the summer?
3. What does Corbel suggest doing with Birle?
4. What does Joaquim tell Birle will happen eventually in the city because of Corbel's marriage?
5. Who is inside the bundle of dirty clothes that Yul leans against the wall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Birle come to understand about Gladaegal?
2. How does Joaquim use Birle's education in reading and writing, and what does this mean for her?
3. How is Birle's life now in Chapter 15, living with Joaquim?
4. What is Birle grateful for having known?
5. What is decided upon in Chapter 20 of how they will be set free?
6. What does Joaquim say to convince Corbel to let Birle continue staying with him, and why does he do it?
7. How does Corbel see Birle differently now in Chapter 16?
8. Why does Birle reveal to Joaquim that she can read?
9. Birle sees a hand nailed to a board holding a gold coin and she finds out that there is another hand on the other side as well as the heads that go with the hands elsewhere at the marketplace. What do these represent and who are they?
10. Describe the relationship between Joaquim and Birle in Chapter 19.
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)