|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Birle hope to accomplish at the marketplace in Chapter 13?
(b) Finding another master.
(c) Seeing Orien.
(d) Purchasing bread.
2. When do Birle and Joaquim plan to leave the city?
(a) That day.
(b) A day later.
(c) In two days.
(d) Within a few hours.
3. Why does Damall not want to let Birle, Yul, and Orien go free just yet in Chapter 20?
(a) He wants to ransom Orien.
(b) He wants to use Birle's cleaning skills.
(c) He is wary and is afraid of being betrayed.
(d) He wants Birle to heal one of his men.
4. Why does Orien present Birle with two silver fish?
(a) To show is gratitude.
(b) To eat for dinner.
(c) To show his loyalty.
(d) To profess his love.
5. What does Birle request of the Earl and his Lady near the end of Chapter 23?
(a) To give birth to her child in the castle.
(b) To have her family brought to the castle.
(c) To wed Orien immediately.
(d) To leave the castle and not return.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are there two hands nailed to a board?
2. What do the nailed hands represent?
3. Where are Birle and Orien headed in Chapter 21?
4. During what season are Birle and Orien currently traveling in Chapter 21?
5. How does Orien's brother greet him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Lord's sentences seem on Hearing Day?
2. Describe the relationship between Joaquim and Birle in Chapter 19.
3. What does Birle decide at the end of Chapter 19?
4. What is decided upon in Chapter 20 of how they will be set free?
5. What does Birle understand about Nan?
6. What changes once Orien is back in the Kingdom?
7. In Chapter 21, once Orien is well, what differences does he say is in Birle's character?
8. Birle realizes that Corbel, along with being cruel and greedy, is also clever. How is he clever, especially with the throwing of the feast?
9. When Orien is injured and Birle rushes to the laboratory, what does she realize?
10. How is Birle's life now in Chapter 15, living with Joaquim?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)