|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If people in the Kingdom asked, what was Birle and Orien's cover story for Orien?
(a) He was a ministral.
(b) He was the Earl of Sutherland.
(c) He was a groom delivering himself and the horse to a Lord.
(d) He was Birle's husband.
2. What changes in Orien and Birle's relationship in Chapter 21?
(a) They are now best friends.
(b) Orien adopts Birle as his sister.
(c) Birle no longer loves Orien, but he is now the one who loves her.
(d) They are now man and woman.
3. What does Yul do to give alert to Birle in Chapter 19 during their escape from the city?
(a) Jump up and down.
(d) Snarl mutely.
4. How does Damall suggest Birle leave?
(a) By carrying Orien on her back.
(b) At night while Yul is sleeping.
(c) On a boat down the river.
(d) In broad daylight.
5. Who is revealed to have murdered Orien's father?
(a) The Earl.
(b) Gladaegal's wife.
(d) A huntsman seeking revenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joaquim announce to Birle near the end of Chapter 18?
2. What can Nan tell about Birle without her saying anything?
3. Where are Birle and Orien headed in Chapter 21?
4. Who is Damall?
5. Why does Orien present Birle with two silver fish?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lady Fortune and what does Joaquim say about her?
2. What is decided upon in Chapter 20 of how they will be set free?
3. Describe Nan and Birle's meeting.
4. Describe Damall's character and who he is.
5. How does Corbel see Birle differently now in Chapter 16?
6. When Orien is injured and Birle rushes to the laboratory, what does she realize?
7. How does Joaquim use Birle's education in reading and writing, and what does this mean for her?
8. Birle realizes that Corbel, along with being cruel and greedy, is also clever. How is he clever, especially with the throwing of the feast?
9. What does Birle understand about Nan?
10. Describe the relationship between Joaquim and Birle in Chapter 19.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)