|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Birle realize after seeing Orien disappear after he sees her?
(a) He does not want to meet with her.
(b) He hates her.
(c) He does not remember her.
(d) He loves her too much that it's painful.
2. What does Damall do for Birle, Yul and Orien after meeting them?
(a) He has them taken to the mines.
(b) He has them caged.
(c) He has them returned to Corbel.
(d) He has their chains and collars removed.
3. Who is the first person of Birle's family to spot her after her return home?
4. What does Joaquim tell Birle to hope for?
(a) Orien's quick death.
(b) Orien being re-sold elsewhere.
(c) Orien escaping the mines.
(d) Corbel purchasing Orien.
5. How does Orien move about during the escape from the city after Joaquim goes his own way?
(a) On crutches.
(b) He is paralyzed.
(c) With a cane.
(d) Yul carries him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is revealed to have murdered Orien's father?
2. Where are Birle and Orien headed in Chapter 21?
3. What is Birle's main goal for going to the marketplace?
4. Why are there two hands nailed to a board?
5. What does Joaquim announce to Birle near the end of Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Birle reveal to Joaquim that she can read?
2. What is decided upon in Chapter 20 of how they will be set free?
3. What changes once Orien is back in the Kingdom?
4. How do the Lord's sentences seem on Hearing Day?
5. Describe the relationship between Joaquim and Birle in Chapter 19.
6. What sort of reputation has Birle earned in Chapter 17 amongst the people of the city while being a slave?
7. What does Birle understand about Nan?
8. What does Birle decide at the end of Chapter 19?
9. When Orien is injured and Birle rushes to the laboratory, what does she realize?
10. Describe Birle's work as a slave for Joaquim and what drives her to work so hard.
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)