|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Birle tells Joaquim of the Kingdom, what does he think of it?
(a) He thinks of it as a famine-filled kingdom.
(b) He thinks of it as a non-existant kingdom.
(c) He thinks of it as a war-zone kingdom.
(d) He thinks of it as a magical kingdom.
2. Who is Damall?
(a) The head robber.
(b) Corbel's spy.
(c) The wild man.
(d) The king's general.
3. What is Yul afraid of when he and Birle go to the marketplace?
(b) Being killed by those who hate him.
(c) Getting sold to someone else.
(d) Getting separated and lost from her.
4. What is another thing the Earl reveals to Birle in Chapter 23?
(a) He is the one who taught her grandparents to read and write.
(b) He saw her as a baby.
(c) He does not think she and Orien suit one another.
(d) He is her real grandfather.
5. What keeps Birle on the move while working as a slave?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Nan tell about Birle without her saying anything?
2. How does Orien's brother greet him?
3. What does Birle name her daughter?
4. What does Birle convince Joaquim to do at the beginning of Chapter 19?
5. How does Damall suggest Birle leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Birle's work as a slave for Joaquim and what drives her to work so hard.
2. Describe the relationship that Birle develops with the Earl.
3. Describe Damall's character and who he is.
4. How does Corbel see Birle differently now in Chapter 16?
5. What is decided upon in Chapter 20 of how they will be set free?
6. Birle realizes that Corbel, along with being cruel and greedy, is also clever. How is he clever, especially with the throwing of the feast?
7. Describe Nan and Birle's meeting.
8. What does Birle decide at the end of Chapter 19?
9. In Chapter 21, once Orien is well, what differences does he say is in Birle's character?
10. When Orien is injured and Birle rushes to the laboratory, what does she realize?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)