|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what season are Birle and Orien currently traveling in Chapter 21?
2. What does Joaquim teach Yul how to do?
3. Who is revealed to have murdered Orien's father?
(a) The Earl.
(b) Gladaegal's wife.
(d) A huntsman seeking revenge.
4. What does Damall suggest as a deal to Birle in Chapter 20?
(a) He keeps Birle while Yul and Orien go free.
(b) He keeps Orien while Yul and Birle go free.
(c) He keeps Yul while Birle and Orien go free.
(d) He keeps Orien and Yul and Birle goes free.
5. Why does Joaquim save Birle from being taken by Corbel?
(a) He is in love with her.
(b) She is useful to him.
(c) He cares for her like a daughter.
(d) To protect her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Birle convince Joaquim to do at the beginning of Chapter 19?
2. What do the nailed hands represent?
3. What does Birle discover has happened to Orien when she reaches his place?
4. What does Birle practice in the evenings with Joaquim?
5. What blocks the path of Birle, Yul, and Orien as they are escaping the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. Birle realizes that Corbel, along with being cruel and greedy, is also clever. How is he clever, especially with the throwing of the feast?
2. How does Corbel see Birle differently now in Chapter 16?
3. Birle sees a hand nailed to a board holding a gold coin and she finds out that there is another hand on the other side as well as the heads that go with the hands elsewhere at the marketplace. What do these represent and who are they?
4. Describe the relationship that Birle develops with the Earl.
5. Describe Birle's work as a slave for Joaquim and what drives her to work so hard.
6. What is decided upon in Chapter 20 of how they will be set free?
7. What changes once Orien is back in the Kingdom?
8. What is Birle grateful for having known?
9. How is Birle's life now in Chapter 15, living with Joaquim?
10. How do the Lord's sentences seem on Hearing Day?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)