|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Birle hope to accomplish at the marketplace in Chapter 13?
(a) Purchasing bread.
(b) Seeing Orien.
(d) Finding another master.
2. What does Joaquim tell Birle will happen eventually in the city because of Corbel's marriage?
(a) A civil battle.
(b) A birth.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A war.
3. What blocks the path of Birle, Yul, and Orien as they are escaping the city?
(c) An army of men.
4. If people in the Kingdom asked, what was Birle and Orien's cover story for Orien?
(a) He was Birle's husband.
(b) He was a groom delivering himself and the horse to a Lord.
(c) He was a ministral.
(d) He was the Earl of Sutherland.
5. What is Birle's main goal for going to the marketplace?
(a) To meet new people.
(b) To search for Joaquim's herbs.
(c) To buy useful household items.
(d) To look for Orien.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Birle request of the Earl and his Lady near the end of Chapter 23?
2. What day is nearing at the beginning of Chapter 22?
3. Why does Corbel get angry with Birle?
4. How is Corbel's absence an advantage to Joaquim?
5. What does Birle tell Yul to do if he is mistreated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes once Orien is back in the Kingdom?
2. What is decided upon in Chapter 20 of how they will be set free?
3. What is Birle grateful for having known?
4. Birle realizes that Corbel, along with being cruel and greedy, is also clever. How is he clever, especially with the throwing of the feast?
5. What does Joaquim say to convince Corbel to let Birle continue staying with him, and why does he do it?
6. When Orien is injured and Birle rushes to the laboratory, what does she realize?
7. Describe the relationship that Birle develops with the Earl.
8. What does Birle understand about Nan?
9. Describe Nan and Birle's meeting.
10. How does Joaquim use Birle's education in reading and writing, and what does this mean for her?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)