|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joaquim save Birle from being taken by Corbel?
(a) He cares for her like a daughter.
(b) To protect her.
(c) She is useful to him.
(d) He is in love with her.
2. What do the nailed hands represent?
(a) The injustice of slavery.
(b) Corbel's power.
(c) The king's power.
(d) Ker and Torson's slave trade.
3. What do the notices around the city state?
(a) A reminder that Corbel is the ruler.
(b) A wanted poster for Orien.
(c) A feast to celebrate the Prince's one year of rule.
(d) A warning to slaves not to escape.
4. What can Nan tell about Birle without her saying anything?
(a) That Birle is in love.
(b) That Birle broke her own heart.
(c) That Birle is married.
(d) That Birle is pregnant.
5. What is Yul afraid of when he and Birle go to the marketplace?
(a) Getting separated and lost from her.
(b) Getting sold to someone else.
(d) Being killed by those who hate him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Birle and Orien headed in Chapter 21?
2. Who does Birle learn that the hands belong to?
3. Who is the first person of Birle's family to spot her after her return home?
4. Where does Birle think she and Orien will be the safest as Orien heals?
5. What is revealed about Corbel's wife, Celinde?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)