Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Corbel get angry with Birle?
(a) Because she distracts the soldiers.
(b) Because she is dirty.
(c) Because Joaquim's labratory is dirty.
(d) Because she cannot understand Yul.
2. Where does Birle think she and Orien will be the safest as Orien heals?
(a) Deep into the forest.
(b) By the shore.
(c) At the village they pass.
(d) Back at the rocks.
3. What does Joaquim teach Yul how to do?
4. What does Birle hope to accomplish at the marketplace in Chapter 13?
(a) Finding another master.
(b) Seeing Orien.
(d) Purchasing bread.
5. What does Birle request of the Earl and his Lady near the end of Chapter 23?
(a) To wed Orien immediately.
(b) To leave the castle and not return.
(c) To have her family brought to the castle.
(d) To give birth to her child in the castle.
6. How does Orien's brother greet him?
7. Who is the first person of Birle's family to spot her after her return home?
8. What surprises Orien about Hearing Day?
(a) That it is so short.
(b) That it is not organized.
(c) That it is so long.
(d) That it is run by his grandfather.
9. How long has it been since the beginning of the novel at the point where Birle and Orien finally are reunited during their time in slavery?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
10. What keeps Birle on the move while working as a slave?
11. What can Nan tell about Birle without her saying anything?
(a) That Birle is pregnant.
(b) That Birle is in love.
(c) That Birle broke her own heart.
(d) That Birle is married.
12. Who does Joaquim say has fled the city after Corbel's marriage?
(a) The priests.
(c) The guildsmen.
(d) Corbel's soldiers.
13. Why are there two hands nailed to a board?
(a) Because two men died defending Corbel.
(b) Because two men stole money.
(c) Because two slaves tried to escape.
(d) Because two men cheated Corbel.
14. What does Joaquim tell Birle to hope for?
(a) Orien's quick death.
(b) Corbel purchasing Orien.
(c) Orien escaping the mines.
(d) Orien being re-sold elsewhere.
15. What saves Birle from Corbel's fate?
(a) Her crying.
(b) Her education.
(c) Her cooking.
(d) Her fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Birle learn that the hands belong to?
2. What does Joaquim give Birle?
3. What does Birle convince Joaquim to do at the beginning of Chapter 19?
4. How does Damall suggest Birle leave?
5. What does Joaquim tell Birle will happen eventually in the city because of Corbel's marriage?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)