|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Birle realize about Nan's scolding?
(a) It is her way of getting her anger out.
(b) It is her way of telling Birle she is incompetent.
(c) It is her way of getting things done.
(d) It is her way of showing care.
2. During what season are Birle and Orien currently traveling in Chapter 21?
3. What does the Earl reveal to Birle in Chapter 23?
(a) That he knows who she really is.
(b) That he does not think she and Orien suit one another.
(c) That he knew her grandparents.
(d) That he does not like her.
4. Who is the woman who sits with the Earl in his room?
(a) Orien's sister.
(b) Orien's aunt.
(c) Orien's grandmother.
(d) Orien's mother.
5. Who does Birle learn that the hands belong to?
(a) The boy.
(b) Orien and his master.
(c) Corbel's soldiers.
(d) Ker and Torson.
6. What does Corbel suggest doing with Birle?
(a) Making her his second wife.
(b) Having her marry Joaquim.
(c) Selling her away.
(d) Giving her as a gift to his wife.
7. What does Birle tell Yul to do if they get parted at the marketplace?
(a) To look for her.
(b) To call out her name.
(c) To stand still.
(d) To go back home.
8. How is Corbel's absence an advantage to Joaquim?
(a) He can leave the house.
(b) He can relax.
(c) He can work on his herb book.
(d) He can be kinder to Birle and Yul.
9. What is Yul afraid of when he and Birle go to the marketplace?
(a) Getting separated and lost from her.
(b) Being killed by those who hate him.
(d) Getting sold to someone else.
10. What does Birle discover has happened to Orien when she reaches his place?
(a) His master took him into the army with him.
(b) He has already runaway on his own.
(c) He is sick with fever.
(d) He has already been taken to the mines.
11. What does Damall do for Birle, Yul and Orien after meeting them?
(a) He has them caged.
(b) He has their chains and collars removed.
(c) He has them taken to the mines.
(d) He has them returned to Corbel.
12. In front of what does Birle sit at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) The castle.
(b) The river.
(c) The Inn.
(d) Her holding.
13. What does Birle suggest Orien do?
(a) Stay where he is and she will get him out.
(b) Send a letter to his grandfather.
(c) Run away to the Philosopher's house.
(d) Run away to the Kingdom.
14. What changes in Orien and Birle's relationship in Chapter 21?
(a) They are now best friends.
(b) They are now man and woman.
(c) Orien adopts Birle as his sister.
(d) Birle no longer loves Orien, but he is now the one who loves her.
15. If people in the Kingdom asked, what was Birle and Orien's cover story for Orien?
(a) He was Birle's husband.
(b) He was the Earl of Sutherland.
(c) He was a ministral.
(d) He was a groom delivering himself and the horse to a Lord.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Birle and Orien headed in Chapter 21?
2. What is Birle's main goal for going to the marketplace?
3. It is soon known by the people of the city that Birle is what?
4. Why does Damall not want to let Birle, Yul, and Orien go free just yet in Chapter 20?
5. What happened to Joaquim's wife?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)