|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Da's reason for protesting against Birle's engagement to Muir?
(a) Birle is too young.
(b) Birle and Muir's social statuses do not match.
(c) Muir is too young.
(d) Muir is too low-born for Birle.
2. What does Birle finally reveal to the Lord?
(a) That she hates the Earl.
(b) That she knows how to fight.
(c) That her mother was a princess.
(d) That she can read and write.
3. What does the Lord think is the truth about his father's death?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He died from old age.
(c) He was murdered.
(d) He died from a fever.
4. Who chases Birle and the Lord?
(a) A solider.
(b) A large hound dog.
(c) A thief.
(d) A murderer.
5. What is Joaquim's occupation?
6. What does Birle learn about the Lord's character in Chapter 3?
(a) He is a resourceful man who understands how to read the signs of nature.
(b) He is a quick man who can invent a lie and story.
(c) He is a dull man who wants to become more learned of the world.
(d) He is a slow man who knows nothing.
7. As Birle watches the Lord shave, what understanding does she come to about this?
(a) She realizes men look better without beards.
(b) She realizes men look better with beards.
(c) She realizes that shaving can be very dangerous.
(d) She realizes shaving is a waste of precious time.
8. What is the law for second marriages for Lords?
(a) It is allowed once the first wife has been dead five years.
(b) It is not allowed.
(c) It is allowed with some restrictions.
(d) It is allowed and even a third and fourth time.
9. What happens when Birle gives her leftover bread to the giant man?
(a) The giant man is given a whipping.
(b) The little boy tells Ker.
(c) Birle is severely reprimanded.
(d) The giant man is thrown overboard.
10. What mistake does Birle make when the Lord pulls out his map?
(a) She agrees to let him keep the boat.
(b) She almost lets him know that she can read.
(c) She steps on the map as he is laying it on the ground.
(d) She accidentally burns a corner of the map while making a fire.
11. What does the dog do to the Lord?
(a) Attacks him.
(b) Tries to play with him.
(c) Sniffs him then walks away.
(d) Bites his throat.
12. What does Yul do when Ker tries to fondle Birle?
(a) Rams into him.
(b) Kicks him.
(d) Strangles him.
13. What happens to Birle when she realizes she has been spotted by the thief?
(a) She tackles the thief.
(b) She lets out a cry to sound the alarm of the theft.
(c) She pulls the boat towards her and away from the thief.
(d) She tries to get the boat and falls into the water.
14. Who is Birle's master?
15. What is Birle forced to do to protect the Lord?
(a) Nothing, she keeps running.
(b) Cut off the Lord's hand that is attached to the dog.
(c) Throw her knife at the man chasing them.
(d) Slit the dog's throat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the law for second marriages for commoners?
2. What does the Lord call Birle every so often?
3. What article of clothing does Birle use in hopes of the rain soaking it?
4. Soon after they begin walking, what do Birle and the Lord find?
5. Why does Orien apologize to Birle?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)