|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Birle's mother?
(a) She left the family.
(b) She died from a fever.
(c) She died in childbirth.
(d) She died from the plague.
2. What allows Birle to feel that the thief is no threat to her?
(a) The fact that the man is asleep while she is awake.
(b) The strange man's weak stature.
(c) Her father's advice.
(d) Her blood.
3. Who is Birle's master?
4. How does Birle distract the Lord when he says he will take her back to the village?
(a) She offers to spear a fish.
(b) She offers to help him steal the boat.
(c) She offers him a meal at the Inn.
(d) She offers him the map from her grandparents.
5. Who is the man in the crimson cloak?
6. Who tells Birle, "There might be people living up there, in the stars, think you"?
(b) The man.
7. How does Orien say he feels towards his father for his actions?
(a) Pure blame and hatred.
(b) Understanding and no hatred.
(c) Understanding yet hatred.
(d) Pure blame yet no hatred.
8. What is the law for second marriages for commoners?
(a) It is allowed once the first wife has been dead five years.
(b) It is not allowed.
(c) It is allowed with some restrictions.
(d) It is not allowed but Nan was an exception.
9. What happens to Birle when the boat is thrown against the waves?
(a) She drowns.
(b) She almost drowns but the Lord saves her.
(c) She grabs onto a rock and holds on to keep from drowning.
(d) She sees the Lord is drowning and saves him.
10. What is Birle's goal in regards to the thief and the boat?
(a) She wants to capture the thief and take him back to the village.
(b) She wants to prevent the theft of the boat and capture the thief.
(c) She wants to prevent the theft of the boat and does not care for the thief himself.
(d) She does not care and prefers to go back home.
11. How many days are Birle and Orien stuck on the rock?
12. What is the true treasure that Birle's grandparents give her?
(a) A large inheritance.
(b) A map leading to the Lord's hidden treasure.
(c) A heavy dowry.
(d) Reading and writing.
13. About whom do Birle and Orien tell stories, all with different plots?
(b) The Earl.
(c) King Midas.
(d) The King.
14. When does Birle find out that she will be freed?
(b) In seven year's time.
(c) In six month's time.
(d) In six year's time.
15. What does Yul do when Ker tries to fondle Birle?
(b) Strangles him.
(c) Kicks him.
(d) Rams into him.
Short Answer Questions
1. The man who rescues Orien and Birle trades what for their rescue?
2. Why does Orien apologize to Birle?
3. What story does Birle tell the Lord?
4. How do the brothers take the news of Orien being an Earl and the idea of the Kingdom?
5. Who chases Birle and the Lord?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)