|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Birle begins to fear for their lives, what does the Lord promise to do?
(a) Return her to her home safely.
(b) Keep her safe.
(c) Kill her before she is kidnapped by men.
(d) Marry her.
2. Who does Orien wave his arms towards from his location on the rock?
(a) No one. He was stretching but Birle thought he was waving.
(c) A boat he sees in the distance.
3. On the first evening, what does Birle attempt to request of the Lord?
(a) Permission to catch a rabbit for a meal.
(b) Permission to step aside and bathe.
(c) Permission to speak freely.
(d) Permission to leave him and go back home.
4. What does Orien do to entertain Birle and pass the time while they are stranded on the rock?
(a) Draw pictures in the sand.
(c) Tell a story.
5. Where do Birle and the Lord run to after they have been chased by a dog?
(a) Towards the village.
(b) Back to the boat.
(c) Deeper into the forest.
(d) They jump in the water.
6. When Birle finally awakens on the ship after being rescued from the rock, what does she discover?
(a) Her feet are chained.
(b) She is in the captain's cabin.
(c) She is still on the rock and the rescue was a dream.
(d) Her entire body is chained.
7. Who is the only person still wearing the shackles at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(b) The boy.
8. Who is Birle's master?
9. What does Birle offer the Lord as a gift?
(a) Her mother's necklace.
(b) Her grandparent's map.
(c) Her father's spear.
(d) The Inn's boat.
10. What happens when Birle gives her leftover bread to the giant man?
(a) Birle is severely reprimanded.
(b) The giant man is thrown overboard.
(c) The giant man is given a whipping.
(d) The little boy tells Ker.
11. What does Birle carry for the Lord as they begin their journey?
(a) The fishing spear.
(b) A heavy sack.
(d) A walking stick.
12. What does the Lord finally reveal to Birle as they are talking during the period of being stranded?
(a) That he is Orien, the second in line to be Earl.
(b) That he is Orien, the next in line to be Earl.
(c) That he is Orien, the Earl's brother.
(d) That he is Orien, the new Earl.
13. When does Birle find out that she will be freed?
(b) In six year's time.
(c) In seven year's time.
(d) In six month's time.
14. How does Orien say he feels towards his father for his actions?
(a) Pure blame and hatred.
(b) Understanding yet hatred.
(c) Understanding and no hatred.
(d) Pure blame yet no hatred.
15. What does the Lord think is the truth about his father's death?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He died from a fever.
(c) He died from old age.
(d) He was murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Lord call Birle every so often?
2. What is the law for second marriages for commoners?
3. What item has Orien lost, which was proof of his true identity?
4. What is Joaquim's occupation?
5. What is discovered about what is going to happen to Birle and Orien at the end of Chapter 10?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)