|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Orien say he feels towards his father for his actions?
(a) Pure blame yet no hatred.
(b) Understanding and no hatred.
(c) Understanding yet hatred.
(d) Pure blame and hatred.
2. What is Birle's goal in regards to the thief and the boat?
(a) She wants to prevent the theft of the boat and capture the thief.
(b) She wants to capture the thief and take him back to the village.
(c) She wants to prevent the theft of the boat and does not care for the thief himself.
(d) She does not care and prefers to go back home.
3. What is the true treasure that Birle's grandparents give her?
(a) A heavy dowry.
(b) A large inheritance.
(c) Reading and writing.
(d) A map leading to the Lord's hidden treasure.
4. What does the dog do to the Lord?
(a) Tries to play with him.
(b) Attacks him.
(c) Sniffs him then walks away.
(d) Bites his throat.
5. Why does the Lord agree to take Birle with him on his journey?
(a) He likes to rescue damsels in distress.
(b) He has fallen in love with her and secretly wishes to marry her.
(c) He needs someone to get food and cook for him as he travels.
(d) He realizes he can use her to pretend to be his wife in certain situations.
6. What happens to Birle when she realizes she has been spotted by the thief?
(a) She lets out a cry to sound the alarm of the theft.
(b) She tries to get the boat and falls into the water.
(c) She pulls the boat towards her and away from the thief.
(d) She tackles the thief.
7. What does the Lord call Birle every so often?
(a) Innkeeper's Daughter.
(b) Falcon's Child.
(c) Little One.
8. What do the people of the village and the Inn fear?
(b) The man.
9. What does Birle suggest so that she does not have to part from the Lord?
(a) She says she will travel with him as his wife.
(b) She says she will travel with him as a servant.
(c) She says she will travel with him as his brother.
(d) She says she will travel with him as his sister.
10. What does Yul do when Ker tries to fondle Birle?
(a) Rams into him.
(b) Kicks him.
(d) Strangles him.
11. Soon after they begin walking, what do Birle and the Lord find?
(a) A band of gypsies.
(b) Birle's Da and brothers.
(c) A group of men cooking food.
(d) The king's army.
12. What does Orien do to entertain Birle and pass the time while they are stranded on the rock?
(b) Tell a story.
(d) Draw pictures in the sand.
13. How does Birle feel when she realizes she will never see the Lord again?
(a) Like she will never experience such an adventure again.
(b) Like a stone is crushing down on her.
(c) Like a stone has been lifted off of her.
(d) Like she is being freed of the burden of capturing him and facing reprimand.
14. How do the brothers take the news of Orien being an Earl and the idea of the Kingdom?
(a) They believe him and agree to set him free.
(b) They believe him and realize they can hold him for a large ransom.
(c) They mock him and the Kingdom.
(d) They ignore him.
15. What does Birle suggest the Lord do so as to increase her time spent with him once they reach the island?
(a) Catch fish for her and cook it.
(b) Eat and bathe.
(d) Take a nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who chases Birle and the Lord?
2. Where do Birle and the Lord run to after they have been chased by a dog?
3. Who does Orien wave his arms towards from his location on the rock?
4. What is Birle forced to do to protect the Lord?
5. Why does the thief decide to keep Birle on board the boat and listen to her?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)