|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is put on Birle and Yul to identify them as belonging to Corbel?
2. What does Birle conclude that the mysterious figure is after he spots her?
(a) A runaway servant.
(b) A huntsman.
(c) A robber.
(d) A thief.
3. Where on the ship is Orien moved to near the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) The helm.
(b) The dungeon.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The oars.
4. What happened to the one woman that Orien loved?
(a) His brother married her instead.
(b) His father, the Earl, married her instead.
(c) His father stole her away and left the country.
(d) She died before they could wed.
5. What is the only name by which Birle says she knows of her mother's father?
6. Thinking about what makes Birle NOT want to return to the Inn?
(a) Her parents.
(c) Morning chores.
(d) Her wedding.
7. What does Birle say in attempts to convince the Lord to take him with her on his journey?
(a) She says she is an excellent tracker.
(b) She says she knows how to hunt better than any man and can feed him well.
(c) She says that she is desperate to escape from her home.
(d) She says she knows the forest and what is in the forest is for eating.
8. Who else does the older man buy?
(b) The boy.
9. What does Yul do when Ker tries to fondle Birle?
(a) Rams into him.
(b) Kicks him.
(c) Strangles him.
10. Who does Orien wave his arms towards from his location on the rock?
(c) A boat he sees in the distance.
(d) No one. He was stretching but Birle thought he was waving.
11. What item has Orien lost, which was proof of his true identity?
(a) The royal seal.
(b) The signet ring.
(c) The map with his father's name.
(d) The family crest of arms.
12. How old does Birle discover that the Lord is?
13. What mistake does Birle make when the Lord pulls out his map?
(a) She agrees to let him keep the boat.
(b) She accidentally burns a corner of the map while making a fire.
(c) She steps on the map as he is laying it on the ground.
(d) She almost lets him know that she can read.
14. How do the people of the village bathe in the winter, according to Birle?
(a) By sitting in metal tins.
(b) By sitting in tubs.
(c) By standing in wine barrels.
(d) By standing in wooden crates.
15. What does Birle grow accustomed to doing as she and Orien talk?
(a) Curling up in a ball and drawing her cloak around her for warmth.
(b) Staring into Orien's eyes then looking away and talking.
(c) Wringing the water out of her clothing.
(d) Speaking without thought and forgetting he is a Lord.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else do Birle and the Lord discover is out on the waters with them?
2. Hearing what name causes everyone's attitude to change in the city that Birle and Orien are taken to?
3. What does Birle learn about the Lord's character in Chapter 3?
4. What happens when Birle gives her leftover bread to the giant man?
5. What causes the Lord to feel embarrassed in Chapter 3?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)