|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Birle discover that the Lord is?
2. What does Birle conclude that the mysterious figure is after he spots her?
(a) A robber.
(b) A thief.
(c) A runaway servant.
(d) A huntsman.
3. What is Birle's goal in regards to the thief and the boat?
(a) She wants to capture the thief and take him back to the village.
(b) She wants to prevent the theft of the boat and does not care for the thief himself.
(c) She wants to prevent the theft of the boat and capture the thief.
(d) She does not care and prefers to go back home.
4. What does Birle learn about the Lord's character in Chapter 3?
(a) He is a dull man who wants to become more learned of the world.
(b) He is a quick man who can invent a lie and story.
(c) He is a slow man who knows nothing.
(d) He is a resourceful man who understands how to read the signs of nature.
5. Where do Birle and the Lord decide to spend the rest of the night in Chapter 5?
(a) In the boat.
(b) On shore.
(c) Back at the village.
(d) On the docks.
6. How do the brothers take the news of Orien being an Earl and the idea of the Kingdom?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They mock him and the Kingdom.
(c) They believe him and realize they can hold him for a large ransom.
(d) They believe him and agree to set him free.
7. Why do Birle and the Lord decide to both row?
(a) Because the Lord is tired of rowing alone.
(b) To stay warm.
(c) For exercise.
(d) Because Birle is tired of rowing alone.
8. When Birle finally awakens on the ship after being rescued from the rock, what does she discover?
(a) She is still on the rock and the rescue was a dream.
(b) Her entire body is chained.
(c) She is in the captain's cabin.
(d) Her feet are chained.
9. What question from Birle turns the Lord reticent for two days?
(a) "Do you never think that it is the man should bring a dowry to the woman?"
(b) "Why did you run away, my Lord?"
(c) "Can a Lord marry again, under the law?"
(d) "Do you go south, then, to know if there are dragons?"
10. What does Birle end up doing as she and the Lord are hiding under their cloaks on the boat?
(a) Fall asleep.
(b) Recite poetry.
(c) Sing softly.
(d) Hum to herself.
11. What does Birle confess to having done back at the Inn?
(a) Burying her grandparent's treasure.
(b) Being with a man before marriage.
(c) Running away as a child.
(d) Shirking her chores.
12. What happened to Birle's mother?
(a) She died from the plague.
(b) She died in childbirth.
(c) She died from a fever.
(d) She left the family.
13. What is put on Birle and Yul to identify them as belonging to Corbel?
14. Who chases Birle and the Lord?
(a) A thief.
(b) A solider.
(c) A large hound dog.
(d) A murderer.
15. Where do Birle and the Lord run to after they have been chased by a dog?
(a) Towards the village.
(b) Back to the boat.
(c) Deeper into the forest.
(d) They jump in the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Lord begins talking about unjust Lords, what does Birle begin to suspect?
2. As Birle watches the Lord shave, what understanding does she come to about this?
3. Thinking about what makes Birle NOT want to return to the Inn?
4. Who tries to buy Birle first?
5. What does the Lord tell Birle about the life of a wife of a huntsman?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)