|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the law for second marriages for Lords?
(a) It is not allowed.
(b) It is allowed and even a third and fourth time.
(c) It is allowed with some restrictions.
(d) It is allowed once the first wife has been dead five years.
2. What is Birle forced to do to protect the Lord?
(a) Throw her knife at the man chasing them.
(b) Nothing, she keeps running.
(c) Slit the dog's throat.
(d) Cut off the Lord's hand that is attached to the dog.
3. What relation do Joaquim and Corbel have?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) They are father and son.
(c) They are servant and master.
(d) They are friends.
4. What mythological creature does the Earl use as an example in the discussion that he and Birle have about doubt?
5. Who tells Birle, "There might be people living up there, in the stars, think you"?
(a) The man.
6. When does Birle find out that she will be freed?
(a) In six year's time.
(b) In six month's time.
(d) In seven year's time.
7. Who is Lyss?
(a) Birle's mother.
(b) Birle's grandmother.
(c) Birle's stepmother.
(d) Birle's sister.
8. What mistake does Birle make when the Lord pulls out his map?
(a) She accidentally burns a corner of the map while making a fire.
(b) She steps on the map as he is laying it on the ground.
(c) She agrees to let him keep the boat.
(d) She almost lets him know that she can read.
9. What does Birle promise the Lord?
(a) To never fall in love with him.
(b) To obey all his commands.
(c) To hide if danger arises.
(d) To leave when he tells her to.
10. Who does Orien wave his arms towards from his location on the rock?
(a) A boat he sees in the distance.
(c) No one. He was stretching but Birle thought he was waving.
11. When Birle finally awakens on the ship after being rescued from the rock, what does she discover?
(a) She is still on the rock and the rescue was a dream.
(b) She is in the captain's cabin.
(c) Her feet are chained.
(d) Her entire body is chained.
12. How does Birle feel at the thought of marrying Muir?
13. What happened to Birle's mother?
(a) She died from a fever.
(b) She left the family.
(c) She died in childbirth.
(d) She died from the plague.
14. What happens to Birle when she realizes she has been spotted by the thief?
(a) She pulls the boat towards her and away from the thief.
(b) She tackles the thief.
(c) She tries to get the boat and falls into the water.
(d) She lets out a cry to sound the alarm of the theft.
15. What does the dog do to the Lord?
(a) Tries to play with him.
(b) Bites his throat.
(c) Attacks him.
(d) Sniffs him then walks away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the law for second marriages for commoners?
2. What is Joaquim's occupation?
3. Why do Birle and the Lord decide to both row?
4. About whom do Birle and Orien tell stories, all with different plots?
5. What happens to Birle when the boat is thrown against the waves?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)