|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Birle name her daughter?
2. What is Da's reason for protesting against Birle's engagement to Muir?
(a) Birle and Muir's social statuses do not match.
(b) Muir is too young.
(c) Birle is too young.
(d) Muir is too low-born for Birle.
3. If someone asked Birle who she was, what would she be most likely to answer in Chapter 22?
(a) Yul's friend.
(b) Orien's Lady.
(c) The Philosopher's maid.
(d) An Innkeeper's Daughter.
4. How does Damall suggest Birle leave?
(a) On a boat down the river.
(b) At night while Yul is sleeping.
(c) In broad daylight.
(d) By carrying Orien on her back.
5. What is Joaquim's goal?
(a) To write a book of herbs.
(b) To transmute anything into gold.
(c) To grow a herb garden.
(d) To transmute other metals into gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. In front of what does Birle sit at the beginning of Chapter 24?
2. Who does Birle learn that the hands belong to?
3. Where on the ship is Orien moved to near the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. What is the first "treasure" that Birle's grandparents showed her?
5. Who tells Birle, "There might be people living up there, in the stars, think you"?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)