|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else does the older man buy?
(b) The boy.
2. How do the people of the village bathe in the winter, according to Birle?
(a) By sitting in metal tins.
(b) By sitting in tubs.
(c) By standing in wooden crates.
(d) By standing in wine barrels.
3. Who is Birle's master?
4. What is Da's reason for protesting against Birle's engagement to Muir?
(a) Muir is too low-born for Birle.
(b) Muir is too young.
(c) Birle is too young.
(d) Birle and Muir's social statuses do not match.
5. What question from Birle turns the Lord reticent for two days?
(a) "Do you never think that it is the man should bring a dowry to the woman?"
(b) "Why did you run away, my Lord?"
(c) "Do you go south, then, to know if there are dragons?"
(d) "Can a Lord marry again, under the law?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Where on the ship is Orien moved to near the beginning of Chapter 11?
2. What is discovered about Birle's engagement to Muir?
3. What does Birle do to keep her mind distracted from Orien?
4. What does Birle convince Joaquim to do at the beginning of Chapter 19?
5. How does Orien say he feels towards his father for his actions?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)