|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the true treasure that Birle's grandparents give her?
(a) A map leading to the Lord's hidden treasure.
(b) A heavy dowry.
(c) A large inheritance.
(d) Reading and writing.
2. What do the nailed hands represent?
(a) The injustice of slavery.
(b) The king's power.
(c) Ker and Torson's slave trade.
(d) Corbel's power.
3. Why do Birle and the Lord decide to both row?
(a) To stay warm.
(b) Because Birle is tired of rowing alone.
(c) Because the Lord is tired of rowing alone.
(d) For exercise.
4. Who is Lyss?
(a) Birle's stepmother.
(b) Birle's mother.
(c) Birle's grandmother.
(d) Birle's sister.
5. What is Birle's goal in regards to the thief and the boat?
(a) She wants to prevent the theft of the boat and does not care for the thief himself.
(b) She wants to prevent the theft of the boat and capture the thief.
(c) She wants to capture the thief and take him back to the village.
(d) She does not care and prefers to go back home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thinking about what makes Birle NOT want to return to the Inn?
2. What happens at the end of Chapter 19?
3. What does Birle tell Yul to do if they get parted at the marketplace?
4. What does Joaquim tell Birle will happen eventually in the city because of Corbel's marriage?
5. What does Birle decide to reveal to Joaquim upon his questioning?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)