|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Birle end up doing as she and the Lord are hiding under their cloaks on the boat?
(a) Hum to herself.
(b) Fall asleep.
(c) Recite poetry.
(d) Sing softly.
2. Who is Lyss?
(a) Birle's grandmother.
(b) Birle's stepmother.
(c) Birle's mother.
(d) Birle's sister.
3. What allows Birle to feel that the thief is no threat to her?
(a) The strange man's weak stature.
(b) Her blood.
(c) The fact that the man is asleep while she is awake.
(d) Her father's advice.
4. How do the people of the village bathe in the winter, according to Birle?
(a) By standing in wine barrels.
(b) By sitting in metal tins.
(c) By standing in wooden crates.
(d) By sitting in tubs.
5. What does Joaquim tell Birle will happen eventually in the city because of Corbel's marriage?
(a) A civil battle.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A birth.
(d) A war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Birle grow accustomed to doing as she and Orien talk?
2. What is the law for second marriages for Lords?
3. What happened to Joaquim's wife?
4. What happened to the one woman that Orien loved?
5. What is Joaquim's goal?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)