|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man's speech makes Birle think that the thief is possibly a what?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A nobleman's heir.
(c) A city street rat.
(d) A city man.
2. About whom do Birle and Orien tell stories, all with different plots?
(a) The King.
(c) King Midas.
(d) The Earl.
3. What does Birle offer the Lord as a gift?
(a) Her mother's necklace.
(b) The Inn's boat.
(c) Her father's spear.
(d) Her grandparent's map.
4. What do the notices around the city state?
(a) A reminder that Corbel is the ruler.
(b) A wanted poster for Orien.
(c) A feast to celebrate the Prince's one year of rule.
(d) A warning to slaves not to escape.
5. How long has it been since the beginning of the novel at the point where Birle and Orien finally are reunited during their time in slavery?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six months.
(d) A year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Birle's position in society?
2. What is the only name by which Birle says she knows of her mother's father?
3. What allows Birle to feel that the thief is no threat to her?
4. Who is Birle's master?
5. What does Birle suggest the Lord do so as to increase her time spent with him once they reach the island?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)