|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Lord to feel embarrassed in Chapter 3?
(a) When he attempts to catch some fish but is unable while Birle catches many.
(b) When he is unable to light a fire with his tinderbox yet Birle manages it easily.
(c) When he asks Birle where she is going and her response is that she is going to relieve herself.
(d) When he does not know how to cook the fish but Birle does .
2. What is the true treasure that Birle's grandparents give her?
(a) A heavy dowry.
(b) A map leading to the Lord's hidden treasure.
(c) Reading and writing.
(d) A large inheritance.
3. Where do Birle and the Lord run to after they have been chased by a dog?
(a) Deeper into the forest.
(b) Back to the boat.
(c) Towards the village.
(d) They jump in the water.
4. What does the dog do to the Lord?
(a) Tries to play with him.
(b) Bites his throat.
(c) Attacks him.
(d) Sniffs him then walks away.
5. When Birle awakens from sleeping on the boat in Chapter 6, what is she met with?
(b) Being kidnapped.
(c) The disappearance of the Lord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Birle promise the Lord?
2. What happened to the one woman that Orien loved?
3. What is Da's reason for protesting against Birle's engagement to Muir?
4. How does the Lord say that men of his stature bathe in the winter?
5. What is discovered about Birle's engagement to Muir?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)