|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about the strange man captures Birle once he awakens in the morning?
(a) His straight nose.
(b) His bellflower blue eyes.
(c) His tousled dark hair.
(d) The wink he sends her.
2. What allows Birle to feel that the thief is no threat to her?
(a) The strange man's weak stature.
(b) The fact that the man is asleep while she is awake.
(c) Her blood.
(d) Her father's advice.
3. What happened to Birle's mother?
(a) She died from a fever.
(b) She left the family.
(c) She died from the plague.
(d) She died in childbirth.
4. What causes the Lord to feel embarrassed in Chapter 3?
(a) When he asks Birle where she is going and her response is that she is going to relieve herself.
(b) When he does not know how to cook the fish but Birle does .
(c) When he attempts to catch some fish but is unable while Birle catches many.
(d) When he is unable to light a fire with his tinderbox yet Birle manages it easily.
5. As Birle watches the Lord shave, what understanding does she come to about this?
(a) She realizes that shaving can be very dangerous.
(b) She realizes men look better with beards.
(c) She realizes men look better without beards.
(d) She realizes shaving is a waste of precious time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Birle feel at the thought of marrying Muir?
2. The fact that the man who has stolen the boat has no beard lets Birle realize that he holds what position in society?
3. What is the law for second marriages for Lords?
4. When Birle begins to fear for their lives, what does the Lord promise to do?
5. Who tells Birle, "There might be people living up there, in the stars, think you"?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)