|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thinking about what makes Birle NOT want to return to the Inn?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Morning chores.
(d) Her wedding.
2. What does Birle finally reveal to the Lord?
(a) That she can read and write.
(b) That she hates the Earl.
(c) That her mother was a princess.
(d) That she knows how to fight.
3. Soon after they begin walking, what do Birle and the Lord find?
(a) The king's army.
(b) A band of gypsies.
(c) A group of men cooking food.
(d) Birle's Da and brothers.
4. What is the true treasure that Birle's grandparents give her?
(a) Reading and writing.
(b) A large inheritance.
(c) A heavy dowry.
(d) A map leading to the Lord's hidden treasure.
5. What does the Lord confess to Birle once they are safe from the dog and men?
(a) That he does not know how to wield a sword or knife as a weapon.
(b) That he has never killed a man.
(c) That he fainted temporarily when the dog jumped on him.
(d) That he is really terrified of dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about the strange man captures Birle once he awakens in the morning?
2. What is Birle's goal in regards to the thief and the boat?
3. What does Birle learn about the Lord's character in Chapter 3?
4. What does Birle carry for the Lord as they begin their journey?
5. What is the law for second marriages for Lords?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)