|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Lord to feel embarrassed in Chapter 3?
(a) When he is unable to light a fire with his tinderbox yet Birle manages it easily.
(b) When he does not know how to cook the fish but Birle does .
(c) When he attempts to catch some fish but is unable while Birle catches many.
(d) When he asks Birle where she is going and her response is that she is going to relieve herself.
2. What is Birle's position in society?
(a) Tavern wench.
(b) Farmer's daughter.
(c) Innkeeper's wife.
(d) Innkeeper's daughter.
3. The man's speech makes Birle think that the thief is possibly a what?
(a) A nobleman's heir.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A city man.
(d) A city street rat.
4. What does Birle suggest the Lord do so as to increase her time spent with him once they reach the island?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Eat and bathe.
(d) Catch fish for her and cook it.
5. How does the Lord say that men of his stature bathe in the winter?
(a) By sitting in tubs.
(b) By sitting in metal tins.
(c) By standing in wine barrels.
(d) By standing in wooden crates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Birle suggest so that she does not have to part from the Lord?
2. What mythological creature does the Earl use as an example in the discussion that he and Birle have about doubt?
3. What is the law for second marriages for Lords?
4. What do the people of the village and the Inn fear?
5. What is the true treasure that Birle's grandparents give her?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)