|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Birle, "There might be people living up there, in the stars, think you"?
(a) The man.
2. The man's speech makes Birle think that the thief is possibly a what?
(a) A nobleman's heir.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A city street rat.
(d) A city man.
3. What alerts the mysterious figure to Birle's presence?
(a) She steps on wooden planks which make noise.
(b) She falls into the river making a splash.
(c) She trips and lets out a yelp.
(d) She calls out to the figure.
4. The fact that the man who has stolen the boat has no beard lets Birle realize that he holds what position in society?
(a) A Lord.
(b) A huntsman.
(c) A married man.
(d) A farmer.
5. What is the law for second marriages for commoners?
(a) It is allowed once the first wife has been dead five years.
(b) It is not allowed but Nan was an exception.
(c) It is not allowed.
(d) It is allowed with some restrictions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of human nature is exemplified by Birle in this first chapter?
2. Who is Lyss?
3. Why does the thief decide to keep Birle on board the boat and listen to her?
4. What allows Birle to feel that the thief is no threat to her?
5. What causes the Lord to feel embarrassed in Chapter 3?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)