|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Da's reason for protesting against Birle's engagement to Muir?
(a) Muir is too low-born for Birle.
(b) Birle is too young.
(c) Muir is too young.
(d) Birle and Muir's social statuses do not match.
2. How does Damall suggest Birle leave?
(a) On a boat down the river.
(b) By carrying Orien on her back.
(c) In broad daylight.
(d) At night while Yul is sleeping.
3. What saves Birle from Corbel's fate?
(a) Her cooking.
(b) Her crying.
(c) Her fighting.
(d) Her education.
4. When does Birle find out that she will be freed?
(b) In six month's time.
(c) In seven year's time.
(d) In six year's time.
5. What does Birle realize after seeing Orien disappear after he sees her?
(a) He loves her too much that it's painful.
(b) He hates her.
(c) He does not remember her.
(d) He does not want to meet with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else do Birle and the Lord discover is out on the waters with them?
2. What does Birle convince Joaquim to do at the beginning of Chapter 19?
3. What does Orien do to entertain Birle and pass the time while they are stranded on the rock?
4. What keeps Birle on the move while working as a slave?
5. Who is Birle's master?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)