|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people of the village and the Inn fear?
(b) The man.
2. Who chases Birle and the Lord?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A solider.
(c) A large hound dog.
(d) A thief.
3. Why does Corbel get angry with Birle?
(a) Because she is dirty.
(b) Because Joaquim's labratory is dirty.
(c) Because she cannot understand Yul.
(d) Because she distracts the soldiers.
4. When the Lord begins talking about unjust Lords, what does Birle begin to suspect?
(a) That the Lord might have committed treason against another.
(b) That the Lord might be the Earl's son.
(c) That the Lord might be the Earl himself.
(d) That the Lord might not really be a Lord but a Lord's servant.
5. What do the notices around the city state?
(a) A feast to celebrate the Prince's one year of rule.
(b) A reminder that Corbel is the ruler.
(c) A wanted poster for Orien.
(d) A warning to slaves not to escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yul do to give alert to Birle in Chapter 19 during their escape from the city?
2. What does Birle hope to accomplish at the marketplace in Chapter 13?
3. What is the first "treasure" that Birle's grandparents showed her?
4. When does Birle find out that she will be freed?
5. What do Birle and the Lord do to keep themselves distracted while stranded on the rock?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)