|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Birle distract the Lord when he says he will take her back to the village?
(a) She offers him the map from her grandparents.
(b) She offers to spear a fish.
(c) She offers to help him steal the boat.
(d) She offers him a meal at the Inn.
2. What does Birle finally reveal to the Lord?
(a) That she hates the Earl.
(b) That her mother was a princess.
(c) That she can read and write.
(d) That she knows how to fight.
3. What does the Lord tell Birle about the life of a wife of a huntsman?
(a) They become fine ladies and are always happy.
(b) They live a life of luxury yet cheat on their husbands.
(c) They become drunks and cheat on their husbands.
(d) They become drunks yet life a life of luxury.
4. What mistake does Birle make when the Lord pulls out his map?
(a) She accidentally burns a corner of the map while making a fire.
(b) She almost lets him know that she can read.
(c) She agrees to let him keep the boat.
(d) She steps on the map as he is laying it on the ground.
5. What is Joaquim's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Birle learn about the Lord's character in Chapter 3?
2. Who does Birle learn that the hands belong to?
3. What does Birle offer the Lord as a gift?
4. When Birle begins to fear for their lives, what does the Lord promise to do?
5. Why are there two hands nailed to a board?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)