|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Birle awakens from sleeping on the boat in Chapter 6, what is she met with?
(a) The disappearance of the Lord.
(c) Being kidnapped.
2. The fact that the man who has stolen the boat has no beard lets Birle realize that he holds what position in society?
(a) A Lord.
(b) A married man.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A huntsman.
3. Who else do Birle and the Lord discover is out on the waters with them?
(a) Two sailors.
(b) Two fishermen.
(c) Two pirates.
(d) Two thugs.
4. What happened to the one woman that Orien loved?
(a) She died before they could wed.
(b) His brother married her instead.
(c) His father, the Earl, married her instead.
(d) His father stole her away and left the country.
5. What is Joaquim's goal?
(a) To grow a herb garden.
(b) To transmute anything into gold.
(c) To transmute other metals into gold.
(d) To write a book of herbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the nailed hands represent?
2. What does Birle end up doing as she and the Lord are hiding under their cloaks on the boat?
3. What does Birle finally reveal to the Lord?
4. Who does Orien wave his arms towards from his location on the rock?
5. How does Birle feel at the thought of marrying Muir?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)