|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orien do to entertain Birle and pass the time while they are stranded on the rock?
(b) Tell a story.
(d) Draw pictures in the sand.
2. Why do Birle and the Lord decide to both row?
(a) Because the Lord is tired of rowing alone.
(b) To stay warm.
(c) Because Birle is tired of rowing alone.
(d) For exercise.
3. What does the Lord finally reveal to Birle as they are talking during the period of being stranded?
(a) That he is Orien, the next in line to be Earl.
(b) That he is Orien, the second in line to be Earl.
(c) That he is Orien, the new Earl.
(d) That he is Orien, the Earl's brother.
4. When do Birle and Joaquim plan to leave the city?
(a) Within a few hours.
(b) That day.
(c) A day later.
(d) In two days.
5. What happens at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) Corbel finds them and threatens to kill them.
(b) Orien dies.
(c) The army of men have found them.
(d) A figure jumps out and threatens to kill Birle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Birle when the boat is thrown against the waves?
2. Why does Corbel get angry with Birle?
3. What does the Lord think is the truth about his father's death?
4. What does Yul do to give alert to Birle in Chapter 19 during their escape from the city?
5. What keeps Birle on the move while working as a slave?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)