Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which suitor has a "bad feeling" after Odysseus the beggar tries to warn him of impending danger in Book 18?
2. How does Eumaeus greet Telemachus upon his return in Book 16?
3. How does Eumaeus describe the suitors actions?
4. What caused Telemachus to disband the feast after the fight of Irus and Odysseus the beggar?
5. When Eurymachus' negotiations fail, what plan do the suitors make to escape from Odysseus' palace alive?
Essay Topic 1
By personally intervening, Athena shows to Achaeans that both Odysseus and Telemachus are valuable. What does each man possess that is considered important among the Achaeans at this time? Use the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The word odyssey is synonymous with journey. Explain why this is an appropriate title for the poem.
Essay Topic 3
The Odyssey is the story of Odysseus' homeward journey. However, Telemachus also makes a journey. Compare and contrast Odyssesus and Telemachus' journeys. Which man experiences greater change as a result from his journey? Why?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)