|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eupeithes seek at the assembly after the lords learn of the slaughter of the suitors?
2. According to Book 13, what else does Alcinous decide to give Odysseus once his tale is over?
3. At his first feast in his own house, who throws a stool at Odysseus the beggar?
4. What ultimately exposes Odysseus' identity to Penelope?
5. What does Eurymachus offer Odysseus in Book 22 from the remaining suitors to make amends for their behavior at his house for so long?
Essay Topic 1
Disguise is an important trick Athena uses to aid Odysseus.
1) Discuss the three different types of disguises she uses to hide Odysseus.
2) Discuss the kinds of disguises she uses for herself.
3) What is the significance of disguise to the entire poem?
Essay Topic 2
Most literary works have an antagonist. Is there one in The Odyssey? Explain your answer using the text.
Essay Topic 3
By personally intervening, Athena shows to Achaeans that both Odysseus and Telemachus are valuable. What does each man possess that is considered important among the Achaeans at this time? Use the text to support your answer.
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)