|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 16, Where do Telemachus' gifts go?
(a) The farm.
(b) Odysseus' house.
(c) They were left on the ship.
(d) Clytius' house.
2. According to Penelope, when did Odysseus say it was acceptable for her to remarry?
(a) When Laertes dies.
(b) When 21 years have passed.
(c) When Telemachus is a bearded man.
(d) After Telemachus gets married.
3. Who lets the first spear fly when the mourners come to attack in Book 24?
4. Why does Odysseus the beggar say he wants the bow after the suitors have all tried to use it?
(a) He wants to see how much strength he has left.
(b) He wants to try for the lady.
(c) He wants the suitors to warm it up for him.
(d) He wants to prove himself worthy of their mercy.
5. Who throws an ox-hoof at Odysseus the beggar?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odysseus do during the voyage home in Book 13?
2. What gift does Helen give to Telemachus as he is preparing to leave Lacedaemon?
3. Why doesn't Eumaeus want the old man to tell him tales of his master?
4. When Eurymachus' negotiations fail, what plan do the suitors make to escape from Odysseus' palace alive?
5. How many suitors are spared in Book 22 before Eurycleia is summoned for cleaning the hall?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)