|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Menelaus get the gift he gave to Telemachus?
(a) From a king who sheltered him.
(b) From an immortal when he was close to death.
(c) From his wife as a wedding present.
(d) From Troy as a spoil of war.
2. In Book 24, In the halls of the dead, what were the heroes' shades discussing?
(a) The funeral of Achilles.
(b) The funeral of Agamemnon.
(c) The fate of Odysseus.
(d) Their great deeds in life.
3. When Eurymachus' negotiations fail, what plan do the suitors make to escape from Odysseus' palace alive?
(a) Someone should try the back door and get into town.
(b) They form a phalanx trying to protect themselves.
(c) Everyone wants to be the leader, so they spend their time squabbling.
(d) They want to attack all together then raise the alarm.
4. At his first feast in his own house, who throws a stool at Odysseus the beggar?
5. Who is the first in the hall to notice Odysseus the beggar?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Odysseus is on land after his voyage from Scheria, why doesn't he know where he is?
2. Which suitor scorns Odysseus the beggar at the second feast which he attends, in Book 20?
3. Which reveler refuses to give anything to Odysseus the beggar, who has come to witness his first feast?
4. How does Eumaeus greet Telemachus upon his return in Book 16?
5. As Odysseus tells Eumaeus his story in Book 14, how does he say he earns a living and makes a name for himself?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)