|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Odysseus, the old stranger, received by the swineherd in Book 14?
(a) Poorly - the swineherd sets the dogs on him.
(b) With suspicion - strangers tell tall tales about Odysseus' whereabouts.
(c) With indifference - he's only going through the motions.
(d) With much hospitality despite his appearance.
2. Who throws an ox-hoof at Odysseus the beggar?
3. Which suitor eases Penelope's fears for her son in Book 16?
4. How does Athene disguise Odysseus on Ithaca?
(a) She makes him change his clothes and wear a mask.
(b) She makes him look old and dresses him in smelly rags.
(c) She makes him look like Telemachus, since Telemachus in still in Sparta.
(d) She just changes his eyes and hair.
5. Who tries to help the suitors in Book 22 by grabbing the armor and weapons?
(a) Some slave maids.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since Telemachus dismissed the serving women, how is he able to move the armor in the dark in Book 19?
2. How does Penelope initially react to Eurycleia's news about Odysseus and the suitors?
3. Where is Odysseus going in the morning in Book 23, the day after the battle with the suitors?
4. How does the shepherd from the mainland treat Odysseus the beggar when he first meets him at the palace courtyard?
5. Which suitor has a "bad feeling" after Odysseus the beggar tries to warn him of impending danger in Book 18?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)