|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the first suitor fails to string the bow, what does he recommend?
(a) They should postpone the contest.
(b) They should warm up the bow by the fire.
(c) They should pray to Apollo.
(d) Each man who fails should try for another woman.
2. According to Book 13, what else does Alcinous decide to give Odysseus once his tale is over?
(a) A cauldron and a large tripod.
(b) More gold.
(c) More garments.
(d) Some cattle.
3. With whom was Eumaeus raised?
4. What gift does Menelaus give to Telemachus as they part company in Book 15?
(a) A tapestry woven by Athena.
(b) A pair of mules.
(c) A well-wrought bowl made by Hephaestus.
(d) A cauldron used by the oracles.
5. At his first feast in his own house, who throws a stool at Odysseus the beggar?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odysseus do during the voyage home in Book 13?
2. Why does Odysseus the beggar say he wants the bow after the suitors have all tried to use it?
3. How does Telemachus react to his mother's contest in Book 21?
4. How many suitors are spared in Book 22 before Eurycleia is summoned for cleaning the hall?
5. What makes Irus nervous about his fight with Odysseus the beggar?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)