|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eurymachus offer Odysseus in Book 22 from the remaining suitors to make amends for their behavior at his house for so long?
(a) Cattle, meal, and golden cups.
(b) Twenty oxen and bronze and gold.
(c) All of their personal wealth and that of their families.
(d) Some cattle and some servants.
2. Why does Odysseus the beggar say he wants the bow after the suitors have all tried to use it?
(a) He wants to prove himself worthy of their mercy.
(b) He wants the suitors to warm it up for him.
(c) He wants to see how much strength he has left.
(d) He wants to try for the lady.
3. What does Odysseus do during the voyage home in Book 13?
(a) Stands lookout.
(c) Takes to oar.
(d) Holds the rudder.
4. In addition to Odysseus and Penelope, who knew the secret of the bed?
5. In Book 14, where does a disguised Odysseus tell Eumaeus he is from when asked?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 24, In the halls of the dead, what were the heroes' shades discussing?
2. In Book 19, what does Odysseus the beggar tell Penelope has kept Odysseus away so long?
3. Which reveler refuses to give anything to Odysseus the beggar, who has come to witness his first feast?
4. In Book 22, which suitor is killed first?
5. With whom was Eumaeus raised?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)