|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which reveler refuses to give anything to Odysseus the beggar, who has come to witness his first feast?
2. Where did Menelaus get the gift he gave to Telemachus?
(a) From his wife as a wedding present.
(b) From an immortal when he was close to death.
(c) From Troy as a spoil of war.
(d) From a king who sheltered him.
3. Who throws an ox-hoof at Odysseus the beggar?
4. How does the shepherd from the mainland treat Odysseus the beggar when he first meets him at the palace courtyard?
(a) He treats the beggar rudely.
(b) He ignores him completely.
(c) He shows the beggar honor and respect.
(d) He greets him.
5. Who betrayed Penelope's loom of deceit?
(a) She was caught by the suitors in the fourth year.
(b) Her slave maids told the suitors after three years.
(c) It took them two years, but they figured it out themselves.
(d) She was caught by the suitors after five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Odysseus tells Eumaeus his story in Book 14, how does he say he earns a living and makes a name for himself?
2. Who gives Odysseus the bow that Penelope is using in her contest for the suitors?
3. Why does Odysseus find sleep difficult in his home in Book 20?
4. Who does Telemachus first slay among the suitors during the battle in the hall?
5. Why doesn't Telemachus want his treasures taken to his house?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)