|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name Odysseus the beggar gives as his own in Book 19?
2. What is Penelope's reaction when she sees Odysseus for the first time after the slaughter of the suitors?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She looks at him with little reaction.
(c) She coldly questions him.
(d) She cries and falls into his arms.
3. Why doesn't Telemachus want his treasures taken to his house?
(a) He's unsure about the situation with the suitors.
(b) He's decided that Peiraeus has earned them.
(c) He doesn't want the suitors to see them.
(d) He doesn't want his mother to see them.
4. As Odysseus tells Eumaeus his story in Book 14, how does he say he earns a living and makes a name for himself?
(a) As a soldier.
(b) As a priest.
(c) As a pirate.
(d) As a scholar.
5. How does Penelope initially react to Eurycleia's news about Odysseus and the suitors?
(a) She runs out to see.
(b) She cries for shame.
(c) She hits her.
(d) She doesn't believe her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who betrayed Penelope's loom of deceit?
2. When Odysseus is on land after his voyage from Scheria, why doesn't he know where he is?
3. In Book 24, who tells the assembly that an immortal aided Odysseus?
4. Once Odysseus realizes he's in Ithaca, what does Athene advise him to do?
5. According to Book 13, what else does Alcinous decide to give Odysseus once his tale is over?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)