|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lets the first spear fly when the mourners come to attack in Book 24?
2. What will the winner of the beggars' fight in Book 18 get from the suitors?
(a) To be the sole beggar of the house.
(b) The goat paunch and always attend their feasts as the sole beggar.
(c) Fed for the week and given a new robe and tunic.
(d) Shipped off to King Ecteus, who will cut his nose and ears.
3. As Odysseus tells Eumaeus his story in Book 14, how does he say he earns a living and makes a name for himself?
(a) As a priest.
(b) As a soldier.
(c) As a scholar.
(d) As a pirate.
4. After the first suitor fails to string the bow, what does he recommend?
(a) Each man who fails should try for another woman.
(b) They should warm up the bow by the fire.
(c) They should postpone the contest.
(d) They should pray to Apollo.
5. Who tries to help the suitors in Book 22 by grabbing the armor and weapons?
(d) Some slave maids.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to Odysseus and Penelope, who knew the secret of the bed?
2. When Odysseus is on land after his voyage from Scheria, why doesn't he know where he is?
3. Who does Telemachus first slay among the suitors during the battle in the hall?
4. Who throws an ox-hoof at Odysseus the beggar?
5. What time of day do Odysseus and the Phaecians set sail in Book 13?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)