|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Odysseus the beggar say he wants the bow after the suitors have all tried to use it?
(a) He wants to prove himself worthy of their mercy.
(b) He wants the suitors to warm it up for him.
(c) He wants to try for the lady.
(d) He wants to see how much strength he has left.
2. Which reveler refuses to give anything to Odysseus the beggar, who has come to witness his first feast?
3. Which suitor eases Penelope's fears for her son in Book 16?
4. How is Odysseus, the old stranger, received by the swineherd in Book 14?
(a) With indifference - he's only going through the motions.
(b) Poorly - the swineherd sets the dogs on him.
(c) With much hospitality despite his appearance.
(d) With suspicion - strangers tell tall tales about Odysseus' whereabouts.
5. In Book 23, now that the fight with the suitors is over, what does Odysseus tell Telemachus to do?
(a) Gather the assembly and explain the events before others make decisions.
(b) Take a ship to see Menelaus for aid.
(c) Fortify the gates and brace for an attack.
(d) Wash, gather the others and act like there is a wedding feast.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the first suitor fails to string the bow, what does he recommend?
2. In Book 14, where does a disguised Odysseus tell Eumaeus he is from when asked?
3. Who tries to help the suitors in Book 22 by grabbing the armor and weapons?
4. When Odysseus is on land after his voyage from Scheria, why doesn't he know where he is?
5. What time of day do Odysseus and the Phaecians set sail in Book 13?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)