|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Menelaus get the gift he gave to Telemachus?
(a) From his wife as a wedding present.
(b) From Troy as a spoil of war.
(c) From an immortal when he was close to death.
(d) From a king who sheltered him.
2. How does Penelope test the truth of Odysseus the beggar's story regarding Odysseus?
(a) She asked what Odysseus' ship looked like.
(b) She asks him the month and year he visited with Odysseus.
(c) She asks him to describe Odysseus' clothing, his person, and his companions.
(d) She asked the beggar at which games Odysseus excelled.
3. Who tries to help the suitors in Book 22 by grabbing the armor and weapons?
(a) Some slave maids.
4. Who interprets the sign of the eagle and the goose as Telemachus and Peisistratus are leaving Lacedaemon?
5. Why doesn't Telemachus want his treasures taken to his house?
(a) He doesn't want the suitors to see them.
(b) He doesn't want his mother to see them.
(c) He's decided that Peiraeus has earned them.
(d) He's unsure about the situation with the suitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Odysseus is on land after his voyage from Scheria, why doesn't he know where he is?
2. What time of day do Odysseus and the Phaecians set sail in Book 13?
3. In Book 22, which suitor is killed first?
4. Which suitor eases Penelope's fears for her son in Book 16?
5. In Book 24, which of the suitors' shades tells the tale of their death to Agamemnon?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)