|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which suitor has a "bad feeling" after Odysseus the beggar tries to warn him of impending danger in Book 18?
2. How does Eumaeus greet Telemachus upon his return in Book 16?
(a) Like an employee who loves his boss.
(b) Like a father to a long lost son.
(c) Like a mentor to a prodigy.
(d) Like a brother.
3. How does Eumaeus describe the suitors actions?
4. What caused Telemachus to disband the feast after the fight of Irus and Odysseus the beggar?
(a) The suitors started fighting among themselves.
(b) Eurymachus abused a servant.
(c) The food has run out for the evening.
(d) Eurymachus throws a stool at Odysseus the beggar.
5. When Eurymachus' negotiations fail, what plan do the suitors make to escape from Odysseus' palace alive?
(a) They want to attack all together then raise the alarm.
(b) They form a phalanx trying to protect themselves.
(c) Everyone wants to be the leader, so they spend their time squabbling.
(d) Someone should try the back door and get into town.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Penelope, when did Odysseus say it was acceptable for her to remarry?
2. Why doesn't Telemachus want his treasures taken to his house?
3. In Book 16, Where do Telemachus' gifts go?
4. For what does Penelope pray after speaking with Odysseus the beggar in Book 20?
5. How does Telemachus react to his mother's contest in Book 21?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)