|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Telemachus react to his mother's contest in Book 21?
(a) He's going to try the bow too.
(b) He tells her that the suitors are not to touch his father's weapons.
(c) He's going to try the bow, for if he can wield it, then she can marry whoever she wishes.
(d) He thinks she's doing the right thing.
2. Who does Telemachus first slay among the suitors during the battle in the hall?
3. In Book 23, now that the fight with the suitors is over, what does Odysseus tell Telemachus to do?
(a) Gather the assembly and explain the events before others make decisions.
(b) Wash, gather the others and act like there is a wedding feast.
(c) Fortify the gates and brace for an attack.
(d) Take a ship to see Menelaus for aid.
4. Which reveler refuses to give anything to Odysseus the beggar, who has come to witness his first feast?
5. What does Theoclymenus tell Penelope about the omen of the birds?
(a) He says that Odysseus won't make it home.
(b) He says that Odysseus is already there, biding his time.
(c) He says that Odysseus is in the hall now, amongst the suitors.
(d) He says that Odysseus will be home soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Odysseus tells Eumaeus his story in Book 14, how does he say he earns a living and makes a name for himself?
2. In Book 19, what does Odysseus the beggar tell Penelope has kept Odysseus away so long?
3. Who is the first in the hall to notice Odysseus the beggar?
4. Why doesn't Eumaeus want the old man to tell him tales of his master?
5. When Eurymachus' negotiations fail, what plan do the suitors make to escape from Odysseus' palace alive?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)