|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Book 13, what else does Alcinous decide to give Odysseus once his tale is over?
(a) A cauldron and a large tripod.
(b) Some cattle.
(c) More gold.
(d) More garments.
2. What sign does Odysseus give to his father so he believes that Odysseus has returned?
(a) He tells him about his mother in the underworld.
(b) He tells him about his scar.
(c) He tells him about the bed in the palace.
(d) He tells him the number and type of trees growing in the vineyard.
3. How does Telemachus react to his mother's contest in Book 21?
(a) He's going to try the bow, for if he can wield it, then she can marry whoever she wishes.
(b) He tells her that the suitors are not to touch his father's weapons.
(c) He thinks she's doing the right thing.
(d) He's going to try the bow too.
4. In Book 16, Where do Telemachus' gifts go?
(a) Clytius' house.
(b) The farm.
(c) Odysseus' house.
(d) They were left on the ship.
5. What does Eupeithes seek at the assembly after the lords learn of the slaughter of the suitors?
(a) He wants recompense for his son from Odysseus.
(b) He wants revenge against Odysseus for his son, and the others lost to Odysseus.
(c) He wants Odysseus to go into exile.
(d) He wants the queen to be killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Helen give to Telemachus as he is preparing to leave Lacedaemon?
2. Which suitor eases Penelope's fears for her son in Book 16?
3. At his first feast in his own house, who throws a stool at Odysseus the beggar?
4. What will the winner of the beggars' fight in Book 18 get from the suitors?
5. What is Penelope's reaction when she sees Odysseus for the first time after the slaughter of the suitors?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)