|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since Telemachus dismissed the serving women, how is he able to move the armor in the dark in Book 19?
(a) Athene holds a golden lamp in front of them.
(b) They light torches along the hallway.
(c) Odysseus the beggar carries a torch.
(d) Eurycleia helps them out.
2. In Book 23, now that the fight with the suitors is over, what does Odysseus tell Telemachus to do?
(a) Fortify the gates and brace for an attack.
(b) Gather the assembly and explain the events before others make decisions.
(c) Wash, gather the others and act like there is a wedding feast.
(d) Take a ship to see Menelaus for aid.
3. Which reveler refuses to give anything to Odysseus the beggar, who has come to witness his first feast?
4. How does Eurycleia recognize Odysseus the beggar as Odysseus in Book 19?
(a) She feels his scar when when she washes his feet.
(b) She recognizes his style of speech.
(c) She notices his birthmark.
(d) She recognizes his voice.
5. How does Eumaeus describe the suitors actions?
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Telemachus to disband the feast after the fight of Irus and Odysseus the beggar?
2. In Book 24, who tells the assembly that an immortal aided Odysseus?
3. Who does Telemachus first slay among the suitors during the battle in the hall?
4. Why are there so few boars among Odysseus' swine in Book 14?
5. Why doesn't Telemachus want his treasures taken to his house?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)