|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many suitors are spared in Book 22 before Eurycleia is summoned for cleaning the hall?
2. What does Eupeithes seek at the assembly after the lords learn of the slaughter of the suitors?
(a) He wants revenge against Odysseus for his son, and the others lost to Odysseus.
(b) He wants Odysseus to go into exile.
(c) He wants recompense for his son from Odysseus.
(d) He wants the queen to be killed.
3. Who does Telemachus first slay among the suitors during the battle in the hall?
4. Why does Odysseus find sleep difficult in his home in Book 20?
(a) He wishes to be in his marriage bed.
(b) He's wondering how he is going to slay the suitors alone.
(c) He picked an uncomfortable spot to keep up his rouse.
(d) With the old body that Athene has given, he has many aches and pains.
5. How does Odysseus' goatherd, Melanthius, treat Odysseus the beggar and Eumaeus?
(a) He ignored them.
(b) He is suspicious.
(c) He was happy to see the swineherd and interested in Odysseus.
(d) He is rude and unkind.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Penelope pray after speaking with Odysseus the beggar in Book 20?
2. How does Eumaeus describe the suitors actions?
3. When Eurymachus' negotiations fail, what plan do the suitors make to escape from Odysseus' palace alive?
4. Who tries to help the suitors in Book 22 by grabbing the armor and weapons?
5. When Odysseus is on land after his voyage from Scheria, why doesn't he know where he is?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)