|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 16, Where do Telemachus' gifts go?
(a) Clytius' house.
(b) Odysseus' house.
(c) The farm.
(d) They were left on the ship.
2. How many suitors are spared in Book 22 before Eurycleia is summoned for cleaning the hall?
3. How does Odysseus' goatherd, Melanthius, treat Odysseus the beggar and Eumaeus?
(a) He is suspicious.
(b) He is rude and unkind.
(c) He was happy to see the swineherd and interested in Odysseus.
(d) He ignored them.
4. What test does Odysseus give his son in Book 16?
(a) He is not to tell a soul that Odysseus has returned to Ithaca alive and well.
(b) Odysseus is waiting to see how his son fares in combat.
(c) Odysseus has instructed Telemachus to find the loyal servants of the house.
(d) Odysseus wants to see if Telemachus can follow the plan.
5. Why does Odysseus the beggar say he wants the bow after the suitors have all tried to use it?
(a) He wants the suitors to warm it up for him.
(b) He wants to try for the lady.
(c) He wants to prove himself worthy of their mercy.
(d) He wants to see how much strength he has left.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to Odysseus and Penelope, who knew the secret of the bed?
2. What is the name Odysseus the beggar gives as his own in Book 19?
3. How does Eumaeus greet Telemachus upon his return in Book 16?
4. How does Penelope test the truth of Odysseus the beggar's story regarding Odysseus?
5. How is Odysseus, the old stranger, received by the swineherd in Book 14?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)