|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Telemachus supposed to put all the fighting gear that lies about Odysseus' hall?
(a) In a storage room.
(b) In a corner of the lofty chamber.
(c) In his mother's room.
(d) He's not to touch it, because it will arouse suspicion.
2. Which suitor eases Penelope's fears for her son in Book 16?
3. Among the suitors, who tried to use the bow first?
4. In Book 24, which of the suitors' shades tells the tale of their death to Agamemnon?
5. How does Odysseus' goatherd, Melanthius, treat Odysseus the beggar and Eumaeus?
(a) He was happy to see the swineherd and interested in Odysseus.
(b) He ignored them.
(c) He is suspicious.
(d) He is rude and unkind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Penelope test the truth of Odysseus the beggar's story regarding Odysseus?
2. For what does Penelope pray after speaking with Odysseus the beggar in Book 20?
3. Who gives Odysseus the bow that Penelope is using in her contest for the suitors?
4. Who tries to help the suitors in Book 22 by grabbing the armor and weapons?
5. Why are there so few boars among Odysseus' swine in Book 14?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)