|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Odysseus the beggar say he wants the bow after the suitors have all tried to use it?
(a) He wants the suitors to warm it up for him.
(b) He wants to see how much strength he has left.
(c) He wants to prove himself worthy of their mercy.
(d) He wants to try for the lady.
2. To whom does Odysseus pray the next morning after speaking with Penelope alone, looking for a sign?
3. How does the shepherd from the mainland treat Odysseus the beggar when he first meets him at the palace courtyard?
(a) He ignores him completely.
(b) He shows the beggar honor and respect.
(c) He treats the beggar rudely.
(d) He greets him.
4. Why doesn't Eumaeus want the old man to tell him tales of his master?
(a) He's convinced Odysseus is dead.
(b) It doesn't look like he has the means to travel.
(c) Many travelers will tell tales for food and clothing.
(d) He's been told not to speak Odysseus' name.
5. In Book 14, where does a disguised Odysseus tell Eumaeus he is from when asked?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name Odysseus the beggar gives as his own in Book 19?
2. How does Odysseus' goatherd, Melanthius, treat Odysseus the beggar and Eumaeus?
3. How does Penelope test the truth of Odysseus the beggar's story regarding Odysseus?
4. How does Penelope initially react to Eurycleia's news about Odysseus and the suitors?
5. Since Telemachus dismissed the serving women, how is he able to move the armor in the dark in Book 19?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)