|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Penelope, when did Odysseus say it was acceptable for her to remarry?
(a) After Telemachus gets married.
(b) When Laertes dies.
(c) When Telemachus is a bearded man.
(d) When 21 years have passed.
2. Who is the first in the hall to notice Odysseus the beggar?
3. Why does Telemachus take Theoclymenus on his ship home?
(a) Theoclymenus pays him.
(b) Athena tells him to take the murderer.
(c) Telemachus realizes he needs all the allies he can get in Ithaca.
(d) Theoclymenus is fleeing from punishment.
4. Who interprets the sign of the eagle and the goose as Telemachus and Peisistratus are leaving Lacedaemon?
5. In Book 24, In the halls of the dead, what were the heroes' shades discussing?
(a) The funeral of Achilles.
(b) Their great deeds in life.
(c) The fate of Odysseus.
(d) The funeral of Agamemnon.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Penelope pray after speaking with Odysseus the beggar in Book 20?
2. Which reveler refuses to give anything to Odysseus the beggar, who has come to witness his first feast?
3. With whom was Eumaeus raised?
4. In Book 24, which of the suitors' shades tells the tale of their death to Agamemnon?
5. After the first suitor fails to string the bow, what does he recommend?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)