|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theoclymenus tell Penelope about the omen of the birds?
(a) He says that Odysseus is in the hall now, amongst the suitors.
(b) He says that Odysseus won't make it home.
(c) He says that Odysseus will be home soon.
(d) He says that Odysseus is already there, biding his time.
2. Which reveler refuses to give anything to Odysseus the beggar, who has come to witness his first feast?
3. What does Eupeithes seek at the assembly after the lords learn of the slaughter of the suitors?
(a) He wants recompense for his son from Odysseus.
(b) He wants Odysseus to go into exile.
(c) He wants the queen to be killed.
(d) He wants revenge against Odysseus for his son, and the others lost to Odysseus.
4. What caused Telemachus to disband the feast after the fight of Irus and Odysseus the beggar?
(a) The suitors started fighting among themselves.
(b) The food has run out for the evening.
(c) Eurymachus abused a servant.
(d) Eurymachus throws a stool at Odysseus the beggar.
5. What ultimately exposes Odysseus' identity to Penelope?
(a) His bed.
(b) His scar.
(c) They have a secret code which they aggreed on before he left.
(d) He shows her the secret chamber.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day do Odysseus and the Phaecians set sail in Book 13?
2. As Odysseus tells Eumaeus his story in Book 14, how does he say he earns a living and makes a name for himself?
3. Who does Telemachus first slay among the suitors during the battle in the hall?
4. What is the name Odysseus the beggar gives as his own in Book 19?
5. Which suitor scorns Odysseus the beggar at the second feast which he attends, in Book 20?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)