1. In Book 1, who seeks to punish Odysseus interminably?
2. How did Odysseus anger the god(dess) who seeks to punish him in Book 1?
He poked a cyclops' eye out.
3. Where is Odysseus at the beginning of the poem?
4. Which god(dess) visits Telemachus at the beginning of the poem?
5. Telemachus is overrun with ________, who sponge off of him and his estate, making no amends.
6. In addition to offering advice, what else does Mentes from Taphos give to Telemachus?
He gives word of Odysseus.
7. What does Mentes tell Telemachus in Book 1 that he must do?
All answers are correct.
This section contains 5,802 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)